• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Hedgey

I personally think the entire design of shotguns is cancerous to Destiny PvP. Having a 1-shot close range weapon, without heavy ammo constraints, in a game with as much movement as Destiny has is ridiculous. I mean at least fusion rifles require a bit of a charge first.

Also watching that video, holy fucking shit they need to lower the melee range on Thunderstrike.

Honestly, (me mainly using fusion rifles) it's so easy to fake out shotgunners and get that range kill. I've started to learn based on radar position and player habits when someone will come around a corner, and give myself plenty of time to react and get the proper distance.
Shotgun/Fusion/Sniper is just a big game of rock paper scissors.
If you're just using a shotgun, and never pull out your primary the entire match, never use your abilities, you're doing Destiny wrong. It's not going to work out well.

Also yes, I gawked at a few of those ranged thunderstrikes. Here's a fun video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSAp3ktCE4

Trace

Banned
Honestly, (me mainly using fusion rifles) it's so easy to fake out shotgunners and get that range kill. I've started to learn based on radar position and player habits when someone will come around a corner, and give myself plenty of time to react and get the proper distance.
Shotgun/Fusion/Sniper is just a big game of rock paper scissors.
If you're just using a shotgun, and never pull out your primary the entire match, never use your abilities, you're doing Destiny wrong. It's not going to work out well.

Also yes, I gawked at a few of those ranged thunderstrikes. Here's a fun video on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSAp3ktCE4

Man I love how Bungie has fucked it up so much that Warlocks have the best melee and Titan is the fastest class.

What is Hunter supposed to do again?

Is it live?

Little over 2 hours to go.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone can help me out? These LFG sites are killing me I just want to get the Oryx challenge done before reset. If anyone's free to help that would be awesome.

Zocano

I'm so close to losing my shit. Every match I've been stomped in tonight. Every match. Sometimes it's lag. Sometimes it's because a fucking YouTuber decides to make a tutorial video about jumping off the map or some dumb shit like that (we would have won if we'd had people defending the rift instead of half our team hiding underneath the map), sometimes it's because I'm going up against guys with some crazy teamwork and skills.

I just wanna complete my TMOW bounties, not get matched up with yet another bunch of people who decide they'd rather not complete objectives or play the game. And it doesn't help that I'm playing some of the worst I've ever played tonight.

Yo, Doc, I can help you out if you're still around

edit: PSN is Zocano

I personally think the entire design of shotguns is cancerous to Destiny PvP. Having a 1-shot close range weapon, without heavy ammo constraints, in a game with as much movement as Destiny has is ridiculous. I mean at least fusion rifles require a bit of a charge first.

Also watching that video, holy fucking shit they need to lower the melee range on Thunderstrike.

I've said a dozen times that power weapons on spawn is bad and will always be bad and is nearly impossible to design/balance around. Destiny PVP wants to be balanced and yet have you be super powerful and both are completely at odds with each other.

There's a 30GB 'patch'? Says Destiny is up to date, and I don't remember a 30gb 'patch'.

The latests update is only 100mb. If you are downloading the full 30gb then it means that your original file failed the integrity check (the preparing to download thing). It then downloads the full amount to ensure that it will work properly.

Autoaim - we are up to patch 2.4 now. So not quite sure what was in that patch

123rl

Bump for a new page: anyone playing on Xbox One that hasn't got me on their friends list, add me: Rlench

Countdown hype! Less than 10 hours until I get to play it. Work is going to be slow AF today

Chucker

Don't suppose anybody on XBO is around to help me get Korly his Y2 MoT done, he just needs WP CM and I'm running his character.

Jblanks

The latests update is only 100mb. If you are downloading the full 30gb then it means that your original file failed the integrity check (the preparing to download thing). It then downloads the full amount to ensure that it will work properly.

Autoaim - we are up to patch 2.4 now. So not quite sure what was in that patch

Thanks, looks like I'm good.

G-Fex

Did the Septkis Prime mission. Holy shit that was awesome. That fallen walker hit like a freight train.

That was so fucking great.

Hedgey

Man I love how Bungie has fucked it up so much that Warlocks have the best melee and Titan is the fastest class.

What is Hunter supposed to do again?

I have no idea what it is, but I ALWAYS run on my Gunslinger hunter. The grenades are great (Tripmine/Incendiary), triple jump has very quick verticality, and golden gun is a great trade-off of no extra shield for tons of extra power and time. Gotta love that throwing knife too. I haven't really played bladedancer since year one, and nightstalker wasn't my cup of tea in PvP.

You can't say that with a straight face trout!

It is as its all we've got. The grenades are crap and the super is the easiest roaming one to take out

Strikers have lightning nades, Storm grip, shoulder charge/Jugg, the highest armour/movement in the game and dumb invincibility frames on super activation

Bladedancers have QuickDraw (best passive perk), better super and way better nades

Melchiah

I have no idea what it is, but I ALWAYS run on my Gunslinger hunter. The grenades are great (Tripmine/Incendiary), triple jump has very quick verticality, and golden gun is a great trade-off of no extra shield for tons of extra power and time. Gotta love that throwing knife too. I haven't really played bladedancer since year one, and nightstalker wasn't my cup of tea in PvP.

You can have a triple jump (and even a quadruple jump) on all Hunter subclasses with Bones of Eao exotic legpiece. Personally, I've found Nightstalker to be more effective on PVE. It effectively has two grenades due to the melee ability, and is better for crowd control.

EDIT: Using Bones of Eao and setting the double jump on Nightstalker or Bladedancer also increases your recovery rate in comparison to triple jump.

Trace

Banned
Keen Scout is one of the best PvP perks in the game. And you get Triple Jump. Ask any frustrated Warlock how much they'd kill to have that in a raid.

I'm more referring to PvP. I've been mostly happy with my Hunter for PvE. Nightstalker is great and I don't need to swordbearer 100% of the time anymore.

I'm more referring to PvP. I've been mostly happy with my Hunter for PvE. Nightstalker is great and I don't need to swordbearer 100% of the time anymore.

I'm a Warlock main but recently I've been maxing out my Nightstalker and I'm surprised how much fun it is. I'm kind of wondering if I'm going to go back. The only downfall is that the super's not so hot compared to others in PvP, and I don't seem to get many grenade kills at all. But still, my ELO has been steadily climbing.

aarcane

As many factions edged as possible, glimmer and marks at cap, I'm ready for RoI. Except I'm at work for the next eight hours. Bollocks.

Marvel

could never
Today is the daaaay!

HYYYPE

lpgZ4ew.jpg

Im outtahere dgaf. I will return once ive done story and checked things out for myself. Enjoy RoI day and lets get raid ready

Edit - amanda is selling a rare ship! Go get it collectors

Top Bottom