• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Sorry, I've barely played in a while. What's this cloud of green wasps around everyone's head and how do I get one?

Edit: oh wait, I have it too. What is it?

DocSeuss

I'm so close to losing my shit. Every match I've been stomped in tonight. Every match. Sometimes it's lag. Sometimes it's because a fucking YouTuber decides to make a tutorial video about jumping off the map or some dumb shit like that (we would have won if we'd had people defending the rift instead of half our team hiding underneath the map), sometimes it's because I'm going up against guys with some crazy teamwork and skills.

I just wanna complete my TMOW bounties, not get matched up with yet another bunch of people who decide they'd rather not complete objectives or play the game. And it doesn't help that I'm playing some of the worst I've ever played tonight.

shermas

All factions/groups/vendors edged and bounties are ready to be turned in...

But I'm not even sure which toon I'm going to start with tomorrow. Titan was my OG, but he doesn't have any infections (he was edged a long time ago). Guess I'll start with him anyway.

HYPE!

Hedgey

Tried to sleep at 10PM EST to get up for 4:30, shower and prep my stream.
I woke up at midnight, feeling wide awake, and now I'm sitting here eating some doritos waiting for ROI to show up.
Tried to get to sleep for a good hour or so before I saidk "fuck it".

FyreWulff

Bizarre it seems like maybe just some sort of problem recognizing what version you have? I've been playing the game this week and just have this gigantic download out of nowhere

Sony's UI is confusing, because the way it checks your data it looks like it's downloading the entire game again, when it's just grabbing the extra megs

Trace

Banned
I'm so close to losing my shit. Every match I've been stomped in tonight. Every match. Sometimes it's lag. Sometimes it's because a fucking YouTuber decides to make a tutorial video about jumping off the map or some dumb shit like that (we would have won if we'd had people defending the rift instead of half our team hiding underneath the map), sometimes it's because I'm going up against guys with some crazy teamwork and skills.

I just wanna complete my TMOW bounties, not get matched up with yet another bunch of people who decide they'd rather not complete objectives or play the game. And it doesn't help that I'm playing some of the worst I've ever played tonight.

PvP is absolutely horrible, all of TTK has has disgusting PvP.

Man I'm hoping RoI is more like year 1 and less like year 2 in that department.

Melchiah

I'm digital on it. I thought it was weird as I just downloaded that 13gb update the other day and then out of nowhere a massive 30gb update was sitting there waiting for me today

I've got a digital copy as well, and as I just checked there was a hot fix update installed four hours ago, but nothing else.

Info about the update:
2.4.0.1 - The one before Rise of Iron.

General
Fixed an issue where gear was not showing up properly in Kiosks
Fixed an issue where audio could cut out during long sessions
Added localization updates for Rise of Iron content

Quests
Fixed an issue with quest tracking not functioning properly on Cosmodrome and Mars
Fixed an issue with quest tracking not functioning properly for City Tower or City Tower NPCs

Crucible
Fixed an issue with the volume of certain Shaxx lines

And as part of a dual deployment...

2.4.0.2 - The one about Film Grain.

General
Fixed an issue where Film Grain was inadvertently added
Fixed an issue that shortened the revive interaction time and extended revive distance to pre 2.2.0 values

Stay tuned for an additional info article that will detail all changes to the player experience in Rise of Iron.

I've noticed the film grain, and thought it was intentional, but it never bothered me. It actually reminded me a bit of Mass Effect. ;)

milkham

Not 100% sure I just paused the download because I'm drinking and watching YouTube and was like "Fuck this"

I'm gonna set it to download overnight and I really hope its not gonna actually be 30gb

if you haven't played today there was a small download but the "preparing to download" part took a while it's like that every update, especially if you're watching the %

Trace

Banned
I've got a digital copy as well, and as I just checked there was a hot fix update installed four hours ago, but nothing else.

Info about the update:

I've noticed the film grain, and thought it was intentional, but it never bothered me. It actually reminded me a bit of Mass Effect. ;)

It was ok at times but in dark areas? Ugh.

deadduck

PvP is absolutely horrible, all of TTK has has disgusting PvP.

Man I'm hoping RoI is more like year 1 and less like year 2 in that department.

That ship has sailed, everyone knows nasty snipe lines, head glitches, shotgun slide distances and every map inside out.

Only way to return to yr1 pvp is a new account.

Trace

Banned
That ship has sailed, everyone knows nasty snipe lines, head glitches, shotgun slide distances and every map inside out.

Only way to return to yr1 pvp is a new account.

Honestly I think a full rebalance of PvP weapons would work.

Along with the removal of special ammo from the maps.

Honestly I think a full rebalance of PvP weapons would work.

Along with the removal of special ammo from the maps.
No special ammo makes the game crawl like molasses. Primaries need a buff.

Plus they already tried no special. We got around it by using ice breaker and side arms.

Trace

Banned
No special ammo makes the game crawl like molasses. Primaries need a buff.

Plus they already tried no special. We got around it by using ice breaker and side arms.

I'd be ok with a primary buff, but I played a solid 7 games earlier, and I think there was maybe 15% of the deaths to primaries. I'd consider a healthy percentage to be more like 60%.

I'd be ok with a primary buff, but I played a solid 7 games earlier, and I think there was maybe 15% of the deaths to primaries. I'd consider a healthy percentage to be more like 60%.
My mida destroys. Hardly use anything else right now. But yes most people run around with their shotguns. Primaries have been neglected into oblivion by Bungie pvp wise and its quite disappointing. It sucks how pvp and pve can't be separated.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I still want to kill Oryx in challenge mode! I have a hard mode check point! I'm begging please, with the right people here we could knock it out it no time! Is anyone willing to help? You'll save me from spending hours trying my luck on LFG sites.....

Celebrate the end of year 2 and kill Oryx with me! Please! If someone has a NM checkpoint that would work too otherwise we'll just do it hard mode.

Edit: diggymow on PSN, add me!

Trace

Banned
My mida destroys. Hardly use anything else right now. But yes most people run around with their shotguns. Primaries have been neglected into oblivion by Bungie pvp wise and its quite disappointing. It sucks how pvp and pve can't be separated.

MIDA is decent but still won't save you from a shotgunner sprinting down the corner.

Basically for PvP primaries you have:
Handcannons: You better have a maxed range stat with rangefinder, or don't bother. TLW works as well just because it's a bullshit design.
Scout Rifles: MIDA.
Auto Rifles: Why are you even trying?
Pulse Rifles: Enjoy seeing nothing but god rolled Grasp of Maloks.

MIDA is decent but still won't save you from a shotgunner sprinting down the corner.

Basically for PvP primaries you have:
Handcannons: You better have a maxed range stat with rangefinder, or don't bother. TLW works as well just because it's a bullshit design.
Scout Rifles: MIDA.
Auto Rifles: Why are you even trying?
Pulse Rifles: Enjoy seeing nothing but god rolled Grasp of Maloks.
Shotgunner you say. Top lolz

Lol the film grain was accidentally added? I switched to playing on my monitor before I played for like a year and assumed my monitor was shitty or something since I never remembered seeing film grain in this game.

Hedgey

Playstation? If so I wouldn't mind giving you some pointers. I'm not outstanding by any means, but I've got a large number of Trials runs under my belt, and above average K/Ds.
I've started to help out some of my friends that aren't that great at PvP and they're definitely making improvements.

Also, sorry if making the assumption that you don't play too much PvP is incorrect.
If this is the case then I'd still like to help you get some bounties done

Well I did say rounding a corner haha. If you're running at someone without any attempt to dodge/blink/whatever you're going to lose in the 3 seconds it takes you to get there.
Yeah I know just funny. But eh shotguns are close quarters. It's your job to keep an eye on your surroundings.

Hedgey

Well I did say rounding a corner haha. If you're running at someone without any attempt to dodge/blink/whatever you're going to lose in the 3 seconds it takes you to get there.

Well said. There are so many shotgun warriors in Destiny PvP it's ridiculous. The game has so many abilities that compliment the weapons, so not making use of them is a huge oversight.

On the subject, TrueVanguard just made a video about shotguns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whjNoir4iZM

I started following his youtube channel ever since that MLG tournament (I love fellow Plan C users) and it's been really educational.

Kalentan

I think the patch is downloading now. I guess it's reasonable to expect that one needs over 110 gb of free space to download a patch a fraction of it.

Trace

Banned
Well said. There are so many shotgun warriors in Destiny PvP it's ridiculous. The game has so many abilities that compliment the weapons, so not making use of them is a huge oversight.

On the subject, TrueVanguard just made a video about shotguns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whjNoir4iZM

I started following his youtube channel ever since that MLG tournament (I love fellow Plan C users) and it's been really educational.

I personally think the entire design of shotguns is cancerous to Destiny PvP. Having a 1-shot close range weapon, without heavy ammo constraints, in a game with as much movement as Destiny has is ridiculous. I mean at least fusion rifles require a bit of a charge first.

Also watching that video, holy fucking shit they need to lower the melee range on Thunderstrike.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
This game needs an in-game LFG system so badly. Honestly trying to find groups almost makes me wish I didn't even come back. At least it will be better for a few weeks now in this thread but the other sites have always been 100% useless for me.

I personally think the entire design of shotguns is cancerous to Destiny PvP. Having a 1-shot close range weapon, without heavy ammo constraints, in a game with as much movement as Destiny has is ridiculous. I mean at least fusion rifles require a bit of a charge first.

Also watching that video, holy fucking shit they need to lower the melee range on Thunderstrike.

Thunderstrike is balanced, just wait until Strikers get double storm grip gloves (to go along with the best nades in the game) and BD's the double skip nade gloves later today, that shit will be OP

Top Bottom