• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

GreyWind

8fdorcI.png

Ugh what the hell

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
gotta start this bitch up Destiny-GAF....
there's a ticket number...wtf!!!!! let me play!!! :p
123860!

Wallach

if this is the case then wow. How could they be so stupid to not have servers up at full swing for this DLC.

It's pretty unlikely they did too serious downsizing (the game pretty much forever sits in the top 10), but it's not a position where you can significantly increase server capacity for a very temporary spike. That said, given the reports it sounds like there was a failure somewhere that compounded their problem.

If this had happened with the previous launches, I wouldn't be upset. Mainly because I would have known better than to wake up at 2 am to get the first mission in and check out the new vendor goodies.

Dammit, booted from the queue at 49000. Shit. Now, 143805.

Bungie, this is disappointing.

I get up to #335 in the queue, aaaaaannndd then it tells my it can't connect to the servers & I get bumped to the back of the line.

HVUWPX7.jpg

I'm giving this shit 10 more minutes then I'm just gonna go play Zelda II.

HTupolev

I never knew there was a capacity limit for Destiny. I know for the tower and reef but that is instanced.
I think the limit is twelve for regular gameplay areas, but the game's matchmaking tries to keep it well below that; the gunplay is peer-to-peer, so upstream bandwidth isn't enough for it to be smooth with lots of clients. Which is also why it's incredible that there's a capacity issue.

Has anyone actually successfully completed the queue? All I'm reading are reports of being booted anyway once the wait is over.

Edit: and just as I said that, my queue completed and says the Destiny servers aren't available. -_-

I remember Burning Crusade launch. 1 hour is nothing.

Oh my god I rember that even if you got in it was a fucking warzone in hellfire, a legendary launch for all of the wrong reasons.

That being said this is way way worse since this is the 2nd major xpack for bungie so they have no excuse for this shit.

Dynasty8

Honestly...I'm not even mad. For a game that's two years old to be getting swamped this heavily during hours that we should all be asleep...pretty impressive. You've come a long way, Destiny.

Top Bottom