• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Trakan

I can't even stay connected to keep my place in the queue. I was at 12000. How in the hell can the game not handle 150k people trying to play the game?

What a joke.

gspec

Has anyone actually successfully completed the queue? All I'm reading are reports of being booted anyway once the wait is over.

Edit: and just as I said that, my queue completed and says the Destiny servers aren't available. -_-

I was at 308 in the queue then booted now at 126671

Syinn

Neo Member
Torture.

tumblr_inline_mf8frgJ8pN1qfmw2t.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I heard you like queues, so we queued your queue due to a queue but queued our queue so stayed queued

FyreWulff

if this is the case then wow. How could they be so stupid to not have servers up at full swing for this DLC.

Nobody ever overbuys servers. Even Blizzard has server downtimes and queues.

What I'm guessing is they're probably spinning up more servers, while the queue holds people in line to send to the servers as they come up, instead of getting the game stuck in a death cycle of DDoS :p this is also new functionality. D2 will have server queues too.

Although due to Destiny's concept of everyone being in the same world, instead of parallel universes in multiple servers, it means everyone queues for the same master world .. :/

Nebula

I've not played in months and I'm really looking forward to jumping back in...

I just didn't expect to be jumping into a queue.

Fuck.

Melchiah

This is the last time I'll buy anything from them before I know, that people are able to play the content at launch. Based on the past experiences it was a reasonable assumption, but things didn't really work out as well as before. Hopefully enough people voice their grievances in the social networks, that they'll have to offer a compensation to the early buyers.

Ardenyal

This is the last time I'll buy anything from them before I know, that people are able to play the content at launch. Based on the past experiences it was a reasonable assumption, but things didn't really work out that well as before. Hopefully enough people voice their grievances in the social networks, that they'll have to offer a compensation the early buyers.

Oh yeah we really need user review bombing for every game that has launch day hick ups.

/s

Booted back to 180259. It's 3 am. Time to get a late snack, and hope Bungie gets their shit together by this afternoon. I don't see things getting any easier when the sane people wake up at a regular time to play.

Top Bottom