• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Nobody ever overbuys servers. Even Blizzard has server downtimes and queues.

What I'm guessing is they're probably spinning up more servers, while the queue holds people in line to send to the servers as they come up, instead of getting the game stuck in a death cycle of DDoS :p this is also new functionality. D2 will have server queues too.

While this is true, blizzard learned from D3 and both overwatch and legion had relatively stable launches.

This so far is a next level fuck up for a game launch the severs are not even close to matching damand to the point where no one is playing.

Bungie better explain this. How the fuck can you not handle launch when Vanilla, TDB, HOW and TTK never had issues close to this.

Ridiculous.

There is no way there are more players than any of those launches, espcially at 5am

Foxxsoxx

c4jt321.png

X-Frame

I remember when the Alpha was released and everyone was expecting there to be server issues but it was 99% rock solid, and then Bungie said that it was all credit to their technical team that handled the servers and how they impressed everyone else in Bungie.

They must be on Destiny 2 right now.

Pundere

I'm at 20920 and I refuse to go to sleep until I either get booted or get in and as I was typing this I got booted so good night everyone.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
finally got the message,

"Destiny servers are not available. Dismiss this message to try again."

fuck me...

Crazy numbers

You woukd think they would at least try to anticipate traffic but who knows what the resources allocated to them are

They do have Destiny 2 on the horizon

Top Bottom