• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dez_

Been a while since I brought out Jade Rabbit. Man that gun is fun to use. Good games everyone. All of the maps on rotation were only on Mars for some reason lol.

I actually haven't gone to Merc this week on either console on my account :p

I'm down for one last run before it's over... can be 2 people from the list or whoever, with no expectations.

MrDaravon

So not only Xplicit, Igor and Wicked get me the cat emblem, they got me one of the other random Trials emblem drops I was missing (I'd only done Trials once or twice ever before), they also got me multiple upgrades straight up (including a Ghost!) and infusion-wise, AND I was on the Elimination step and Hand Cannon kills step of the Crucible questlines and they completed both for me which got those done which gave me more rep and faction packages for even more upgrades. I just went from like 305sh with more "normal" gear to like 313 lol. You guys are fucking awesome :D

Now I'm on the very last step of the Mountaintop quest!

milkham

I am 319 light but and have little experience in the Oryx fight (seen some videos of what to do recently) but if that's ok, I would like to join, my psn is McArkus.

hm oryx checkpoint

1. milkham
2. mcarkus

we'll start if we ever get 6

vin-buc

I'm down for a raid, trials, CoE or whatever. I don't really know what I'm doing lol but I can shoot - need some guidance. I'm good right now until 1:30am est. VIN-BUC is my PSN. I'm ready.......

EDIT: Hunter - Nightstalker 309 LL

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. We started off slow but train picked up where we usually left off. That last game. Rift is good because people don't have to kill to be effective. My job is to pave the way for dunks.

milkham

hm oryx checkpoint

1. milkham
2. mcarkus
3. bagandscalpel
4. vin-buc
5. vin-buc's friend?

we'll start if we ever get 6

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm wondering, hypernima said he wanted in for the newbie raid. I wonder if he can make it and what light he's at.

Dez_

First time playing as my Warlock today in crucible. Gotta say, I really enjoyed playing as a Voidwalker. Finally hit level 40. Only a billion more exp to level up the subclass and finally get my platinum.

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
HI DGAF, I'm a longtime lurker and need a bit of help. We are on Oryx right now and need a 6th as one of our group dropped out. I'm trying to take my cousin through the raid for the first time and we would really like get this done before the reset. Would anyone be willing to hop on right now and help us finish? We are all experienced (except for my cousin but he is picking it up really fast) and good friends so this will be a fairly chill raid. Thank you kind strangers :) PSN is ProfessorBonkle.

edit: and spot was filled! I promise I won't post and run. Will try to be more active here now :) always need more destiny friends.

If the shade is chasing you, don't run away. Run toward the shade and jump over it. You'll take some damage, but you'll survive the hit.

Thanks for the tip! My comms were down so I couldn't ask for advice, and that's the first time he's ever chased me around like that. I usually just jump up and consider the dishes done.

Kalamari

HI DGAF, I'm a longtime lurker and need a bit of help. We are on Oryx right now and need a 6th as one of our group dropped out. I'm trying to take my cousin through the raid for the first time and we would really like get this done before the reset. Would anyone be willing to hop on right now and help us finish? We are all experienced (except for my cousin but he is picking it up really fast) and good friends so this will be a fairly chill raid. Thank you kind strangers :) PSN is ProfessorBonkle.

edit: and spot was filled! I promise I won't post and run. Will try to be more active here now :) always need more destiny friends.

Bonkle is good people, I can attest.

I have seen the light. The Claws of Akihabara are secretly the greatest Sunsinger exotic. 2 fusion grenades + 2 flame shield melees = STACKED BUILD.

NeOak

This is dumb, there isn't a need to segregate people like this. They got it done so they should go under the completed list.
e37.png

phen0m24

...Gutz, Manny and I headed down to the pit...

We sharded many things. We shot many times.

Not many Loops were found. :(

But I got a great 1KYS out of it.

Fun stuff guys. Would nf again 10/10

This is dumb, there isn't a need to segregate people like this. They got it done so they should go under the completed list.

Yea it's all subjective. Soulless got it done via LFG, which is really nice and not to take away from that, but it's just keeping a tally of who we've (DGAF) helped.

I haven't even gone flawless on my own account this whole weekend so it's nice to see all that we've helped, and those that were able to get it done "by other means" as well.

If someone did it with other gaffers, then that would also count. Normally, if they didn't specify who they went with, the default assumption would be through other means not from DGAFFers.

Thanks for the runs Shinogu and Gusty. Sorry for the abrupt departure, I forgot we weren't in a party lol.

Thanks to you guys too! I'm light level 320/321 now! :D

... I just had a weird question in my head that I'm pretty sure is a stupid question. I can do the Y2 Triumphs on any character to complete them, right? Not all Triumphs on all characters? Because something tells me the latter would be insane.

Eusis

Huh, original game really IS short.

By the way, is it still worth bothering with the older raids, or not now? Or only when you can do it at 240 light level?

specdot

By the way, is it still worth bothering with the older raids, or not now? Or only when you can do it at 240 light level?
VoG and Crota are easily better than King's Fall. I'd say you should go and run those raids. They are insanely fun.

oSoLucky

Thanks to you guys too! I'm light level 320/321 now! :D

... I just had a weird question in my head that I'm pretty sure is a stupid question. I can do the Y2 Triumphs on any character to complete them, right? Not all Triumphs on all characters? Because something tells me the latter would be insane.

Yes, you can do the triumphs on any character. Remember that Calcified Fragments are character specific though.

Vault of Glass is still arguably the best content in the game. It's good to so the older raids to experience them. There's no point in doing any old content for progress though. All your upgrades will come from TTK content.

Vault of Glass is still arguably the best content in the game. It's good to so the older raids to experience them. There's no point in doing any old content for progress though. All your upgrades will come from TTK content.

But how do you progress in style

There's some good looking shit in VoG

Or I guess an alternate solution would be to include them if they were done with dgaf otherwise just remove them if it wasnt dgaf.

Eusis

There's no point in doing any old content for progress though. All your upgrades will come from TTK content.
Yeah, kinda figured. I'd just want to play them to experience them (and it sounds worthwhile!) but for pure character progress it'd be better to focus on getting to level 40 then doing the content for that point.

EDIT: Neat Warlock helmet sounds good though.

glaurung

Thanks everyone!

Thank you mate!

We're already full but thank you anyway :)

Awesome! We're full then:

King's Fall NM (PS4) 29/8 18:30 BST (UK time)
1. JJShadow77 (newbie)
2. Gulfwarvet
3. glaurung
4. raindoc (newbie)
5. Markus851218 (newbie)
6. robo's son

What's your son PSN ID robo?

We are both in orbit waiting for the others
Congratulations to all new Oryx killers and thanks to everybody else who was there to help out! It was a smooth run from start to finish and goes to show that watching a video or two about the raid mechanics will save time and nerves for everybody. Sorry if I was too talkative, I tend to do that and for a reason. I believe that giving the information on WHY we are doing something is just as important as HOW or when you get your sweet loots. Destiny knows I've carried blueberries who did not give a shit about the lore and wanted the loot, not explanations - ending in numerous wipes because of rushing and not paying attention. I have since stopped helping impatient players like that. The fireteam I had last night was very good indeed.

Also, mad props go to my streamer buddy Yohhu, who stepped in at the last minute and stayed until Oryx was nothing more but a corpse floating in space. You can catch his stream over at twitch.tv/yohhu7.

Congratulations to everybody again.

DocSeuss

My roomie talked me into some trials. Health's been getting really bad, gonna try to go to the hospital Friday if I can scrape together some money. We did pretty good, but my arms were getting bad. Then it decided that, hey, we deserved to be matched with guys in the 2000+ ELO range. Got destroyed.

I can't compete with that, man. My body's pretty much in the process of shutting down. Why this game gotta matchmake me with people who have superhuman skills when my arms barely work? Why not matchmake me with people closer to my actual skill so I can, like, have some fun.

I don't mean to bitch, I'm just frustrated that my arms are numb.

Jinjo

Man, I really hope we get a HoW-esque pre-release event next week. That stuff was awesome. So hyped for ROI, I just want a taste of something new lol.

Man, I really hope we get a HoW-esque pre-release event next week. That stuff was awesome. So hyped for ROI, I just want a taste of something new lol.

Just give me dat horde mode

Someone mentioned they saw a screenie with a Captain on a PvP map

that has to be something right

Dibbs

My roomie talked me into some trials. Health's been getting really bad, gonna try to go to the hospital Friday if I can scrape together some money. We did pretty good, but my arms were getting bad. Then it decided that, hey, we deserved to be matched with guys in the 2000+ ELO range. Got destroyed.

I can't compete with that, man. My body's pretty much in the process of shutting down. Why this game gotta matchmake me with people who have superhuman skills when my arms barely work? Why not matchmake me with people closer to my actual skill so I can, like, have some fun.

I don't mean to bitch, I'm just frustrated that my arms are numb.

:( Sorry to hear that. Get well mate!

Top Bottom