• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

If CoE had Genadier this week, Voidwalker would be the way to go.

But tbh, with the current modifiers, Sunsinger might be the better option. Might.

If it's void burn, then nothing will beat voidwalker.

Not to mention Nothing Manacles and Scatter grenades equals infinite grenades.

But it's not void burn. Just berserk+chaff+grenade bonus. And there's nothing special about Nothing Manacles when Sunsingers get Gift of the Sun as a class perk and can keep that exotic slot for something else - Heart of the Praxic Fire is going to beat anything else here in terms of sheer grenade output per round.

Aiming to run Kings Fall tonight for the last Challenge Mode.
Timeframe is 19.00/7pm CET to midnight.
About 5 hours and 20 minutes from this post.

Robo is possibly joining, depending on when he will be home.

Anyone interested quote and reply, or PM me. Also note if any specific time suits you better.

Put me in reserve for this!

Buuuuut I might need to leave after nailing the challenge mode part. Will keep you all posted.

deviant1

But it's not void burn. Just berserk+chaff+grenade bonus. And there's nothing special about Nothing Manacles when Sunsingers get Gift of the Sun as a class perk and can keep that exotic slot for something else - Heart of the Praxic Fire is going to beat anything else here in terms of sheer grenade output per round.

If you spec your Voidwalker for an Energy Drain build every grenade or ability kill will recharge a grenade in about 3 seconds. Couple that with Nothing Manacles for double nades and the tracking and you can just kill all of your trash mobs with just nades.

Datto's video explaining this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auB1Yi4eApg

Trakan

I thought you were talking about weekly strikes, my mistake.

Nothing Manacles/Scatter grenades are still better though. You get a grenade back every time you kill an enemy. I can throw way more grenades that way than in a Sunsinger super even with Praxic Fire. You also get a second grenade. Even if you mess up and don't kill an enemy, all you have to do is melee something and your grenade is back.

X-Frame

What's the best Hunter build to use with a shotgun?

I would've bought Nightstalker because of Shadestep but that was nerfed. So is Bladedancer with Quickdraw now the best?

Any plans yet for an Xbone Golgoroth challenge run? If not, I was thinking to try for tomorrow evening, starting around 6pm MDT. Depends on what works for others.

I would've bought Nightstalker because of Shadestep but that was nerfed. So is Bladedancer with Quickdraw now the best?
Nah, Nightstalker is still the way to go. Shade step is still insanely good and smoke pairs well with shotties. You throw it at a guy then rush with shotgun.

MrDaravon

I just got this, seems alright? I don't have any Solar snipers at all (well excluding Black Spindle), rolls seem okay? You're looking for mostly for stability + impact on snipers IIRC, and Spray and Play seems useful?

AFJDNmF.jpg

I just got this, seems alright? I don't have any Solar snipers at all (well excluding Black Spindle), rolls seem okay? You're looking for mostly for stability + impact on snipers IIRC, and Spray and Play seems useful?
Range is better than stability. If you're a decent sniper, stability really doesn't help much. Range ups AA, so hats the way to go.

Roll also depends on the scopes.

Perks are definitely solid though.

Homeboyd

Scopes and middle column perks?

Edit:
Oh whoops didn't realize the perk icons for some of these are all the same lol.

Eagleeye SLR20/Longview SLR20/Tacsys SLS15
Life Support
Perfect Balance/Injection Mold/Oiled Frame
Spray and Play

I didn't realize that Range actually increased AA? I assumed AA was a baked in stat on guns?
RIP

Really nice of the game to NOT find a third for our team of randoms when one rage-quit quite early during the skirmish match (against a fireteam of three). Bungie matchmaking at its finest.

MrDaravon

Life Support
Spray and Play

I didn't realize that Range actually increased AA? I assumed AA was a baked in stat on guns? I'm also not a great sniper so I don't know if AA or Stability would help me more >_>

NeOak

Life Support
Spray and Play

I didn't realize that Range actually increased AA? I assumed AA was a baked in stat on guns? I'm also not a great sniper so I don't know if AA or Stability would help me more >_>

RIP RIP RIP

Sights are terribad
Life Support is terrible

You got 3 legendary marks right there.

Matt Frost

Bladedancer with invisibility is the best combination for a shotgun. OP. Make sure it lasts longer and triggers a lot (melee, crouching, getting hit, ultimate) and you will be a killing machine...

Life Support
Spray and Play

LDR is a good gun, with or without a shitty roll. The scopes you have aren't great, but the best one out of the three would be Tacsys SLS15. It's got an OK zoom, 6x, and a fair bit of aim assist.

Life Support is whatever. It's OK when you're up against multiple targets, but it's not the most desirable perk. Perfect Balance is a good perk, but not really ideal for a sniper rifle. It's the best of the ones you have, though.

Spray & Play is decent. I don't mind having it on my guns, but you've already got Life Support, which is another reload perk.

It's fine if you don't have anything better.

MrDaravon

Ha, was doing Mayhem Clash and playing like an idiot trying to get the 20 void grenade quest step done and managed to tether a room full of people and get a triple kill with one grenade to not only complete the quest (and a bounty for triple kills) but Shaxx told me I was amazing for the first time ;_;

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My most sincere thanks to everyone who is participating in Trials carries and maintaining that list to help your fellow DGAF Guardians. It is the true mark of our community. Whereas I've become confident over time in my PvE abilities and try to offer my help in that area as much as possible, I simply don't have the skill to assist (or even, honestly, keep from dragging the team down overall) when it comes to the Crucible. It means an enormous amount that those of you who do like X, igor, Wicked, Ape and so forth on down have taken on the truly admirable task of helping others.

Ghazi

Or I guess an alternate solution would be to include them if they were done with dgaf otherwise just remove them if it wasnt dgaf.

Yea it's all subjective. Soulless got it done via LFG, which is really nice and not to take away from that, but it's just keeping a tally of who we've (DGAF) helped.

I haven't even gone flawless on my own account this whole weekend so it's nice to see all that we've helped, and those that were able to get it done "by other means" as well.

If someone did it with other gaffers, then that would also count. Normally, if they didn't specify who they went with, the default assumption would be through other means not from DGAFFers.
If it doesn't bother noomi and/or shoes, then it doesn't matter. It just seemed... wrong to separate them from everyone else like that. They're community members too, we should be happy they got it regardless of how they did it. I'll leave it alone, though, it's not a big deal.

If it doesn't bother noomi and/or shoes, then it doesn't matter. It just seemed... wrong to separate them from everyone else like that. They're community members too, we should be happy they got it regardless of how they did it. I'll leave it alone, though, it's not a big deal.

We're always happy when they're able to get it no matter how, and I've stated that it helps us since the list is so big.

It's just is a count of who DGAF has helped.

robo

Won't be back on till late, 3.5 hour drive home from office grr.

If anyone has the Golly check Point can they save it so I can get it of them later and then I can get a team fir tomorrow.

Should be home 22:30 UK time

Thanks

Gulfwarvet

King_Frost

Neo Member
LDR is a good gun, with or without a shitty roll. The scopes you have aren't great, but the best one out of the three would be Tacsys SLS15. It's got an OK zoom, 6x, and a fair bit of aim assist.

Life Support is whatever. It's OK when you're up against multiple targets, but it's not the most desirable perk. Perfect Balance is a good perk, but not really ideal for a sniper rifle. It's the best of the ones you have, though.

Spray & Play is decent. I don't mind having it on my guns, but you've already got Life Support, which is another reload perk.

It's fine if you don't have anything better.

It's on okay LDR for PVE. Terrible for PVP. Tacsys is the way to go for the scope. Perfect balance will be helpful when trying to land precision hits in succession on a boss. Spray and play lets your reload faster. I really like life support for a PVE weapon. Also, it is not a reload perk in Year 2. It has a chance to grant health.

So, the actual count is 18 since Noomi ran with DGAF. If I had known then I would definitely have included that but I didn't know.

Pretty good start. Hopefully next weekend's map isn't bad.

AEREC

I may have some time later this week and want to try some raids (never done one). Are people here still up for VoG and Crotas End? I have a Titan and a hunter both lvl 40 and around 280 light so im sure that is plenty.

I'll start a raid list later and see how it goes.

zoodoo

just Wow!!!

i did not know DestinyGaf was that amazing.
Complete noob here. Playing the game on xbox one mstly solo and doing some strikes. I finished taken king story and trying to get some good gear.
i was wondering if it's time for me to try the a raid?

Light level: 296
gamertag: ZOODOO
available: 9 pm ET

Any plans yet for an Xbone Golgoroth challenge run? If not, I was thinking to try for tomorrow evening, starting around 6pm MDT. Depends on what works for others.

NM? HM? I am down either way. Will give up my spot for anyone needing the fragment.

Light level: 296
gamertag: ZOODOO
available: 9 pm ET

Yeah, you're ready for normal (NM) King's Fall. Do you have a high-impact sniper? The quest reward 1000 Yard Stare is a good start. Also, sign up for Hippo's raid above if you can pull it off at all given that it starts an hour before you're available.

NM? HM? I am down either way. Will give up my spot for anyone needing the fragment.

I'm kind of thinking NM for the challenge, open it up to as many people as possible getting the fragment. That said, I'm sure plenty of people still need HM too. I'm willing to run it multiple times this week to help whenever I can be on. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm back in the Destiny groove after being away.

I was about to post about this. Wicked and other pvp folks should be around so we may be able to help some. So, if anyone wants help in trials mostly for the flawless emblem quote this post. Low key making a "list" but keep this in mind, this is not a guaranteed list, we could end up not getting anyone there, Mercury is harder than ever.

Also, if you care about pvp and getting better and actually wants to play, we can do it the usual way (aka you playing as well) but if you only care about the emblem or the loot we can do what drizz used to do which is play on your account with two other good players. Odds are way better this way of course. But getting there yourself is way more rewarding too so there is that.

Cat Emblem hype #15 and #16 for sky walker and MrDaravon! Starring myself as skywalker and xplicit as daravon. GGs guys.

Thats it for this weekend. Did the best i could. Next weekend there should be more as long as the map is good.

"Did the best I could." Helped get 16+ people to Mercury.

Igor has been a low-key member of DGAF for quite a while. He only went Flawless once in Year 1, but has been making the journey to the Lighthouse every week of Year 2. Late in Year 2, Igor teamed up with Dr. Drizzay for helping carrying folks to Mercury. Logging countless hours with the Doctor, they became quite close, as you can tell from Igor's story in the Memorial OT. Igor's efforts here are no doubt an effort to carry on Drizz's legacy and shows how much he cares about this community. DGAF wouldn't be the same without him.

It's not easy to carry, but when you have more blade kills than Dr. Drizzay, well, that speaks for itself. He also regularly does clutch plays to win matches, like here or here.

For my part, Igor has been a regular Trials partner since I started getting serious about going Flawless. Our other partner is AquaticApe and Igor has become more than just a Trials partner, but a real friend. Which is what happens when you spend time in the sweatiest part of the Crucible.

Ape and I both wanted to do something for Igor to show our appreciation for our friendship and for all that he does for DGAF. If you know Igor, you know his loadout, because he only plays one class and loves one gun. With that in mind, Ape designed a t-shirt from the Bladedancer class cloak.
HpGkotI.jpg

And I painted his favorite gun:
FMBaOy3.jpg

So hats off to Igor! A tremendous part of this community, a wonderful friend and a great guy.

Top Bottom