• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

posting again at the top of the page.

I was about to post about this. Wicked and other pvp folks should be around so we may be able to help some. So, if anyone wants help in trials mostly for the flawless emblem quote this post. Low key making a "list" but keep this in mind, this is not a guaranteed list, we could end up not getting anyone there, Mercury is harder than ever.

Also, if you care about pvp and getting better and actually wants to play, we can do it the usual way (aka you playing as well) but if you only care about the emblem or the loot we can do what drizz used to do which is play on your account with two other good players. Odds are way better this way of course. But getting there yourself is way more rewarding too so there is that.

Cat Emblem hype #15 and #16 for sky walker and MrDaravon! Starring myself as skywalker and xplicit as daravon. GGs guys.

Thats it for this weekend. Did the best i could. Next weekend there should be more as long as the map is good.

"Did the best I could." Helped get 16+ people to Mercury.

Igor has been a low-key member of DGAF for quite a while. He only went Flawless once in Year 1, but has been making the journey to the Lighthouse every week of Year 2. Late in Year 2, Igor teamed up with Dr. Drizzay for helping carrying folks to Mercury. Logging countless hours with the Doctor, they became quite close, as you can tell from Igor's story in the Memorial OT. Igor's efforts here are no doubt an effort to carry on Drizz's legacy and shows how much he cares about this community. DGAF wouldn't be the same without him.

It's not easy to carry, but when you have more blade kills than Dr. Drizzay, well, that speaks for itself. He also regularly does clutch plays to win matches, like here or here.

For my part, Igor has been a regular Trials partner since I started getting serious about going Flawless. Our other partner is AquaticApe and Igor has become more than just a Trials partner, but a real friend. Which is what happens when you spend time in the sweatiest part of the Crucible.

Ape and I both wanted to do something for Igor to show our appreciation for our friendship and for all that he does for DGAF. If you know Igor, you know his loadout, because he only plays one class and loves one gun. With that in mind, Ape designed a t-shirt from the Bladedancer class cloak.
HpGkotI.jpg

And I painted his favorite gun:
FMBaOy3.jpg

So hats off to Igor! A tremendous part of this community, a wonderful friend and a great guy.

Dez_

I may have some time later this week and want to try some raids (never done one). Are people here still up for VoG and Crotas End? I have a Titan and a hunter both lvl 40 and around 280 light so im sure that is plenty.

I'll start a raid list later and see how it goes.

You're good for both of those raids. I know most people here are focusing on those Year 2 Triumphs for the most part, some which involve Kings Fall. That said, I'd be up for some retro raiding later on in the week. Not sure if Hawkian is still doing newbie raids at the moment, or if he's helping out with the Y2 triumphs, but if you're on PS4, that maybe the best way of experiencing them first hand.

Edit: A shout out to all the good folks helping out with trials emblem runs. Been watching some of the streams when I can, and you guys have been doing an incredible job!

LTWood12

Cat Emblem hype #15 and #16 for sky walker and MrDaravon!

Starring myself as skywalker and xplicit as daravon. GGs guys.

Thats it for this weekend. Did the best i could. Next weekend there should be more as long as the map is good.

the Bladedancer class cloak.
HpGkotI.jpg

FMBaOy3.jpg

So hats off to Igor! A tremendous part of this community, a wonderful friend and a great guy.

Here here!

Also, John you're getting better at painting. That looks better than my Fatebringer :eyes:
----------

But seriously, it was so much fun watching Igor, Wicked, Falifax, and Xplicit help folks this weekend. The clutch moment you posted above John from T-44's penultimate match had me jumping up and down in my living room in the middle of the night. I'm pretty sure Drizzay was shouting 'LET'S FUCKING GO' from beyond.

I would make Wicked a gunslinger shirt, but it would look awful.

Arrrammis

I may have some time later this week and want to try some raids (never done one). Are people here still up for VoG and Crotas End? I have a Titan and a hunter both lvl 40 and around 280 light so im sure that is plenty.

There are usually people around looking to run just be sure to note which console you're on! A few people still haven't gotten the elusive Crux of Crota from the Crota's end raid, and the VoG is still the best raid in the game IMO.

Had one of the sweatiest matches of my life in Trials before reset last night. Went up against tripleWRECK, Giggle Monster and another member of iAM and won 5-1. I felt like my heart was going to pound right outside of my chest once the game was done haha.

Amazing post John and awesome painting. Good work on the tshirt design Ape!

All the trials dudes did amazing work this weekend. Especially with how sweaty trials is at this point.

Normally, if they didn't specify who they went with, the default assumption would be through other means not from DGAFFers.

I'm fairly apathetic toward this whole thing, but this sentence is the crux of my only issue. Not every DGAF member who helps other DGAF members makes a habit to post about it, so I don't think that's necessarily a fair default assumption.

Here here!

Also, John you're getting better at painting. That looks better than my Fatebringer :eyes:
----------

But seriously, it was so much fun watching Igor, Wicked, Falifax, and Xplicit help folks this weekend. The clutch moment you posted above John from T-44's penultimate match had me jumping up and down in my living room in the middle of the night. I'm pretty sure Drizzay was shouting 'LET'S FUCKING GO' from beyond.

I would make Wicked a gunslinger shirt, but it would look awful.
Wicked's shirt would just say "Fuck's sake."

Axoman

Awesome shirt Ape!

Thanks again to all the very generous trials players!

Igor,Ape,Wicked,Xplicit,Todd,Cha (doge), and PK Bishop - you guys are awesome!

Dave_6

Igor has been a low-key member of DGAF for quite a while. He only went Flawless once in Year 1, but has been making the journey to the Lighthouse every week of Year 2. Late in Year 2, Igor teamed up with Dr. Drizzay for helping carrying folks to Mercury. Logging countless hours with the Doctor, they became quite close, as you can tell from Igor's story in the Memorial OT. Igor's efforts here are no doubt an effort to carry on Drizz's legacy and shows how much he cares about this community. DGAF wouldn't be the same without him.

It's not easy to carry, but when you have more blade kills than Dr. Drizzay, well, that speaks for itself. He also regularly does clutch plays to win matches, like here or here.

For my part, Igor has been a regular Trials partner since I started getting serious about going Flawless. Our other partner is AquaticApe and Igor has become more than just a Trials partner, but a real friend. Which is what happens when you spend time in the sweatiest part of the Crucible.

Ape and I both wanted to do something for Igor to show our appreciation for our friendship and for all that he does for DGAF. If you know Igor, you know his loadout, because he only plays one class and loves one gun. With that in mind, Ape designed a t-shirt from the Bladedancer class cloak.
HpGkotI.jpg

FMBaOy3.jpg

Fantastic post John! Agreed hats off to Igor as well as xplicit, Ape, Todd, Wicked and anyone else that helped do the carries this week. DGAF is such an awesome community.

Or I guess an alternate solution would be to include them if they were done with dgaf otherwise just remove them if it wasnt dgaf.
I made sure it was known that it was XO, Gunnerz, Reign and Ghazzarro, who are all GAFfers, when I said that Noomi got his cat emblem, even if they didn't want to post about it.

I got a Darkblades Spite with Hidden Hand and Rangefinder.

Is it any good?
Do you have rifled barrel or braced frame in the middle? If yes it's good. If not it is still a good roll you just simply have to control the recoil. To control the recoil drive the right thumb stick straight down as the bolts leave the gun. This causes the bolts to group tightly to land those one shot kills. It takes practice and this can be used on all fusion rifles.

Do you have rifled barrel or braced frame in the middle? If yes it's good. If not it is still a good roll you just simply have to control the recoil. To control the recoil drive the right thumb stick straight down as the bolts leave the gun. This causes the bolts to group tightly to land those one shot kills. It takes practice and this can be used on all fusion rifles.

Neat.

No rifled barrel/braced frame unfortunately, but it does have snapshot~

I'm fairly apathetic toward this whole thing, but this sentence is the crux of my only issue. Not every DGAF member who helps other DGAF members makes a habit to post about it, so I don't think that's necessarily a fair default assumption.

Well you have to make some assumption when you don't have the time to ask if you weren't told otherwise. It's either it was or it wasn't, and if it was, more often than not that person specifies which DGAFFERs they went with. So yes, it's the safest assumption.

Someone tells you they did it so you just have to cross it out and deal with it later when time permits. We're keeping a tally and we can only make an assumption based off of "You can cross my name off the list".

This really isn't a big deal, and I know you, XO, Gunnerz, and Ghazi ran Noomi which is where this is all spawning from and I already put Noomi on the list this morning.

I made sure it was known that it was XO, Gunnerz, Reign and Ghazzarro, who are all GAFfers, when I said that Noomi got his cat emblem, even if they didn't want to post about it.

Yea, of course I know who they all are. I spoke with Noomi about it this morning to clarify but I never saw you say anything yet haha.

I already fixed it this morning anyways.

posting again at the top of the page.

HpGkotI.jpg

FMBaOy3.jpg

I'm on xbox but have spent majority of this weekend watching Wicked and Igor on twitch.
It's been thoroughly enjoyable to watch and amazing work for the DGAF community.

Fantastic post John! Agreed hats off to Igor as well as xplicit, Ape, Todd, Wicked and anyone else that helped do the carries this week. DGAF is such an awesome community.

Yes. Thanks for listing out the other heroes! I want don't want to diminish the efforts of Wicked, Xplicit, Ape and Todd ! Igor didn't do this alone, which is part of the magic of DGAF.

cheers_law_and_order.gif

deafmedal

If on psn add me, I love running the old raids, and more specifically running with folks new to the raids :) Some say they are worthless but I disagree- they are more fun than KF and you can get mats to turn into motes. Plus running those raids allows you to use their respective weapons i.e. VoC or Fatebringer to good effect.

This really isn't a big deal, and I know you, XO, Gunnerz, and Ghazi ran Noomi which is where this is all spawning from and I already put Noomi on the list this morning.

Not at all. If any member, including me, wants to talk about helping, they can. The point that additional DGAF help happens off of the view of the board is a good thing, not a dig.

ori0n378e

HpGkotI.jpg

FMBaOy3.jpg

Ape, John, that is really cool of you two! Love your paintings John...

The point that additional DGAF help happens off of the view of the board is a good thing, not a dig.

This is obvious. I always said it's a good thing when people can get it done regardless of how it's done. Not only is it a good thing to get it done for obvious reasons, but it helps those of us that are trying our best to get as many people that want the emblem, as possible.

Anyone down to do Kings Fall?

I've only done it once a WHIIIILE ago. So it'd be cool to do it again. Never beat Oryx.

1. TheWorthyEdge

X-Frame

Damn last year the 2.0 Weapon Tuning was announced on July 17th. Still no word on what they have in store for 3.0.

Hopefully we get an article soon, I'm very curious what changes we have ahead of us.

Damn last year the 2.0 Weapon Tuning was announced on July 17th. Still no word on what they have in store for 3.0.

Hopefully we get an article soon, I'm very curious what changes we have ahead of us.

That was because the Crucible was literally all Thorn and life was hell. They *had* to say something.

Tlaloc is so gooooodd.

I use to laugh when MIDA users would go 1v1 with me.

I ignored the gunsmith for so long. I wish I'd known he gives you basically the only two weapons a warlock would ever need.
(Not want, that's a different story).

That means you have shoot things other than the boss o_O. Ideally you spend all your time floofing around the arena dropping purple death.

Ideally. But real world, you're going to have to shoot an add or two, may as well be with something that will increase cool down. And if you're ever in a spot where you need to use a primary on a boss or a major, what better than a scout that's on par with MIDA, but with a little more impact?

stay gold

I would think we'll hear/see something in the 2 weeks Trials is gone leading up to RoI, can't see why they'd end it early otherwise.

Top Bottom