• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

AEREC

Jade Rabbit is the only weapon I really still want. It looks so cool.

And The Chaperone, but that's just to make the quest go away.

Got it the other day using 3oC during a crucible match. Love the weapon. I'm also returning to destiny after having not played since launch. Does this lose it effectiveness once RoI comes out? Or do I just keep infusing it to keep it current?

Thanks for the kind words John. Dgaf is best gaf.

I also want to bring attention to the fact that literally every single one of the pics i posted has Wicked on them and he doesn't even have a gaf account! Wicked is the man.

Got it the other day using 3oC during a crucible match. Love the weapon. I'm also returning to destiny after having not played since launch. Does this lose it effectiveness once RoI comes out? Or do I just keep infusing it to keep it current?

It shouldn't, you can just infuse it up to the new light max. The real question will be how everything compares after rebalance patches and new weapons hit. I'm waiting for everybody to start complaining about OP exotic sidearms.

Same here. Just waiting for xur to sell it.

Does he sell system exclusive stuff?

Wilde

The Power Ranger / Saturday morning cartoon vibe on the ROI armor is really turning me off of the DLC.

I know the trials sets are a little colorful, but come on man, how can you not like some of this armor?? These looks amazing:

CqFcYJpWAAAVkhx.jpg

Titan-Iron-Banner-2.jpg

Roi-Titan-4.jpg

warlock-ornamented-01.jpg

Once I get those Iron Lord sets with ornaments, I don't think I'll ever need another armor set, lol.

spyder_ur

Thanks for the kind words John. Dgaf is best gaf.

I also want to bring attention to the fact that literally every single one of the pics i posted has Wicked on them and he doesn't even have a gaf account! Wicked is the man.

I swear wicked got an account and posted at least a few times.

And yeah, he's the man. I envy the way he gets around the map with Bones as a gunslinger.

Axoman

Damn last year the 2.0 Weapon Tuning was announced on July 17th. Still no word on what they have in store for 3.0.

Hopefully we get an article soon, I'm very curious what changes we have ahead of us.

From the desk of Jon Weisnewski:

It's time for another round of weapon tuning for Rise of Iron.

We here at Bungie have realized that all classes of weapons area actually too effective against not only minions of the darkness, but also fellow guardians in the crucible. As a result, we are not only reducing damage across the board, but accuracy as well. We've added a complex algorithm for each projectile fired from any weapon to determine damage and trajectory. It's now possible to fire an entire magazine without hitting anything, how cool is that? We think you'll like this new feature and it should help level the playing field between those that can aim and those that can't. As an aside, there is a new artifact that will nullify the randomness that is now inherent in each weapon. This artifact can only be received via pre-order, so act now! Operators are standing by.

Homeboyd

From the desk of Jon Weisnewski:

It's time for another round of weapon tuning for Rise of Iron.

We here at Bungie have realized that all classes of weapons area actually too effective against not only minions of the darkness, but also fellow guardians in the crucible. As a result, we are not only reducing damage across the board, but accuracy as well. We've added a complex algorithm for each projectile fired from any weapon to determine damage and trajectory. It's now possible to fire an entire magazine without hitting anything, how cool is that? We think you'll like this new feature and it should help level the playing field between those that can aim and those that can't. As an aside, there is a new artifact that will nullify the randomness that is now inherent in each weapon. This artifact can only be received via pre-order, so act now! Operators are standing by.
fbe9c2dfe740a8313854d7b0318b8d0b.png

zewone

I know the trials sets are a little colorful, but come on man, how can you not like some of this armor?? These looks amazing:

Once I get those Iron Lord sets with ornaments, I don't think I'll ever need another armor set, lol.

The Iron Lord titan helmet looks pretty good. That's the only piece I like off all the photos you posted.

That Titan has 6 wolves heads. All of that stuff is way too busy.

The gaudy flames look like something you'd see on Walmart car accessories. I don't like it.

rxLeY5g.jpg

The Iron Lord titan helmet looks pretty good. That's the only piece I like off all the photos you posted.

The gaudy flames look like something you'd see on Walmart car accessories. I don't like it.

rxLeY5g.jpg

That's why it's so good

MrDaravon

It's been tanking my K/D for the most part, but Mayhem Clash has been amazing for knocking out the Crucible subclass quests I never bothered doing before, on the last step of my last third one now on my Hunter. Tempted to do the same on my other two characters, but don't know if I have that much Crucible in me.

XenoRaven

rxLeY5g.jpg
Pretty sure the flames are animated. I don't know if that changes your opinion.

I like the more subdued iron lord armor (e.g. the titan with the horns), but I definitely agree about the other titan armor. Those flaming mouthed wolf head shoulderpads veer right into shitty overdesigned World of Warcraft armor territory.

CqFcYJpWAAAVkhx.jpg

Titan-Iron-Banner-2.jpg

Roi-Titan-4.jpg

warlock-ornamented-01.jpg

I would gladly shard my VoG/CE gear for all of this.

phen0m24

<3 ya DGAF

Waves at my homies from last night's Night
Fail
runs

And thanks to the super duper carry peeps.

ALL OF YOU.

Anyone that is going out of their way to reach out and help some new people deserves some hype.

Am grateful once again to be a part of such an awesome community.

Trakan

Loot is more important than good content?

Sure.

Yes, far more important. I don't care about the story that I'll play once. I care about unique weapons that I'll use constantly like Gjallarhorn or Fatebringer in Y1. I hate how terrible the loot is in Y2.

As an example.

Yes, far more important. I don't care about the story that I'll play once. I care about unique weapons that I'll use constantly like Gjallarhorn or Fatebringer in Y1. I hate how terrible the loot is in Y2.

As an example.
So you don't care if the raid and crucible sucks, as long as you get good loot.

That's what I'm getting out of this.

Majority of people here(at least, i think :p) would prefer a good raid over good loot.

Loot is more important than good content?

Sure.

As an example.

I..kinda agree with Trakan. Loot is King, but a good replayable mode is also Queen.

Like....look at Diablo 3. Loot is King in that game, and the story is in the background. But it's still immensely fun despite that.

Majority of people here(at least, i think :p) would prefer a good raid over good loot.

When it comes to the Raid, good loot and good raid design go hand in hand. Kings Fall for example, is a really good raid, but the loot sucks. Vault of Glass on the other hand, has both excellent design, and excellent loot.

Trakan

The reason VOG got so much play is because of the loot, not the raid itself. KF is a great raid IMO, but the gear sucked so I didn't play it nearly as much. I care about the raid being good, but I care much more about getting good loot from it.

Crucible is fucked, I never expect that to be good again.

eggydoo

The reason VOG got so much play is because of the loot, not the raid itself. KF is a great raid IMO, but the gear sucked so I didn't play it nearly as much. I care about the raid being good, but I care much more about getting good loot from it.

Crucible is fucked, I never expect that to be good again.

I agree so much with this.

Teletubbie helmet > all helmets

VoC, fatebringer, found verdict, pradeyths revenge, foil were just a plus :-]

I did not like timepiece

oSoLucky

I agree so much with this.

Teletubbie helmet > all helmets

VoC, fatebringer, found verdict, pradeyths revenge, foil were just a plus :-]

I did not like timepiece

Blasphemy! It took me months to get a Timepiece, but it instantly became my go to Crucible weapon. It felt SO good. Also, I really wish they would go back to elemental primaries. Make Kinetic damage have some other bonus(and more guns actually good), or just keep it like Y2 where it doesn"t take a whole kinetic clip to drop a shield and people will use them still. Y1 Knights and Wizards were the worst. The raid primaries from KF are the ugliest guns in the game and some of the most useless(the HC might be THE most useless) besides Doom and Smite.

The reason VOG got so much play is because of the loot, not the raid itself.

4cf.jpg

KF is a great raid IMO, but the gear sucked so I didn't play it nearly as much. I care about the raid being good, but I care much more about getting good loot from it.

Speaking as someone who regularly played Vault of Glass after the gear become relevant and who has done King's Fall for the last time I can tell you that I love the Vault for the raid itself, not the gear.

Vault of Glass is just the right length, varied in mechanics and mobility and internally consistent. King's Fall is bloated, has so little room for variation it feels suffocating and is just a chore.

Every encounter in the Vault has a variety of roles and positions and approaches. It's exciting and dynamic.

King's Fall is a bore. There's really only one way to do it and most of the boss fights are just shooting at enemies from Scout Rifle distance while not moving. And then shooting at unmoving bosses while you also stand still. And that's not even talking about the long sections of jumping and walking and blahblahblah. Raise your hand if you started at Totems every week.

Crota's End is better than King's Fall. King's Fall isn't just worse than Vault of Glass. King's Fall is a bad raid.

Sweet...walked into Court of Oryx, it let me present the tier 3 rune right away. Things were getting dicey, then a random showed up and took Kagoor out. Got the fragment in like 3 minutes. Only two to go!

I like VOG, but confluxes/oracles is the most boring part of any raid.

It does drag on a bit, doesn't it?

I actually like Totems and Dunking at the beginning of King's Fall. But all the bosses are bad in King's Fall.

Gatekeepers in the Vault is THE best raid boss. And Templar.

If destiny was about loot anymore, pretty much every gun wouldn't look the same, and everyone wouldn't be wearing the same 2 or 3 sets of armor. This game desperately needs transmogrification.

I play the game because it was fun. I played HoW because crucible was fun. Not because I was hunting some Matador, because I enjoyed it. I played VoG because I enjoyed it. I played Crota when here was literally nothing else to do or I was bored because that raid wasn't fun.

Kings Fall, concept wise, is a great raid, but the fact that almost everything requires perfection and that half of it is standing still the entire time is boring. That's why people quit that raid.

There were plenty of people who had all the VoG loot and still played it because it was fun.

When it comes down to a video game, fun is he most important factor, not loot.

todd360

Fantastic post John! Agreed hats off to Igor as well as xplicit, Ape, Todd, Wicked and anyone else that helped do the carries this week. DGAF is such an awesome community.

Thanks you guys for mentioning me, but I wasn't even able to get myself to mercury. The final bosses were too much for me.

Top Bottom