• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

got back from vacation last night, I am happy so far that I don't need to scrap my armor and guns. Keeping my Tlaloc and Susanoo, fuck yeah.

Year 3 vendor armor is ugly for Warlocks, so I am keeping my Azoth Bend set (Year 2 PS4 exclusive set from Sublime Engrams)

I think today I will focus on starting the campaign on my other characters and having them increase their levels by collecting blues from strikes for them. Also getting those crucible ghosts and doing the ghorn quest.

All of the three main armor looks nice. Raid, Iron Lord, and Trials. I am hoping to get them all.

Ryuuga

Banned
Any known tips for guardians going light 365~380? I know the tail end is getting raid gear, but is it really just grinding for faction packages and getting strike specific gear?

What cool down timer? For 3oC? There isn't one.
There is. It's hidden. If you use a 3oC, you have a few minutes before the next one can drop an exotic. You can't just use them every minute or two, so you can't farm 2 minute ultra kills like you use to be able to do.

E92 M3

I spoke with Dan Miller from Bungie earlier today (before i kicked him out of my party lol) and he mentioned that this was going to be a muuuuuuch slower grind than before, so ya'll mofos already hitting your head against the soft caps barely a week nto it are making me roll my eyes more than the gunsmith used to reroll perks

I for one look forward to spending the next year casually grinding Vanguard packages for an LDR.

Personally, I hate this grind. What happened to respecting our time? Destiny should be about weapons and not feeling like a second job.

EL CUCO

Spent almost the entire day yesterday on the Heroic strike hustle. Went from 352 to 364. Then I proceeded to blow 2k motes on rank up packages and hit 368. Ugh so MANY chest pieces... on the bright side, I should have enough infusion fodder to get my 2 other characters up to 364+

Deku Tree

Spent almost the entire day yesterday on the Heroic strike hustle. Went from 352 to 364. Then I proceeded to blow 2k motes on rank up packages and hit 368. Ugh so MANY chest pieces... on the bright side, I should have enough infusion fodder to get my 2 other characters up to 364+

You could have done that in 1-2 hours and gotten to 365 on all three Alta by grinding you old buddy omnigul at 320LL.

DNAbro

I just played Supremacy Rumble for the first time and I haven't dominated a game that much in such a long time. I got 50 at the end and closest persona had 20. I'm so glad they added it considering Kill Confirmed is my fav game type in Call of Duty.

Zakalwe

Banned
There is. It's hidden. If you use a 3oC, you have a few minutes before the next one can drop an exotic. You can't just use them every minute or two, so you can't farm 2 minute ultra kills like you use to be able to do.

If there is a CD it's literally only a minute or two. I've seen someone get two exotics in a row on the Dreadnaught knight, the entire run takes 2-3 minutes max.

JHall

No one is accepting anyone if they aren't at least 370.

My own group of people that I play with told me it would be too difficult carrying someone below the recommended and they're high 370's sooooooooo

That's bullshit. My raid group beat it Friday night and we were all between 365-369. As long as you have good communication you can beat it under leveled.

Zakalwe

Banned
Personally, I hate this grind. What happened to respecting our time? Destiny should be about weapons and not feeling like a second job.

I'm 362. I've not been grinding at all. I've been playing with a friend. We've done:

320 Strikes
Heroic Stirkes
Nightfall
CoO
AF
Patrol missions to rank up vanguard and faction.
Dalies
And in between we've run story missions and strikes for his new Hunter.

Unless you were absolutely rushing to higher light levels from the start, there was no need to grind. You can just play a cariety of content as you usually would.

Anyone who rushed to be 370+ and complains about grind forced the grind on themselves.

EL CUCO

You could have done that in 1-2 hours and gotten to 365 on all three Alta by grinding you old buddy omnigul at 320LL.
2G016Nf.gif

I've farmed Omnigul so much already for a Grasp, that there was no way I was doing that on the launch week of a new expansion lol

KxoZz

I've been on a mini vacation all weekend....so what is the buzz on the raid?

Is it good? Mechanically complex?

Raid is pretty good. Final boss fight is on par with Skolas (which for me was the best final boss) , but more complex. The preceding parts are actually quite easy.
Also, seems like Bungie hid a ton of secrets to be discoverd, including a laser grid puzzle which is yet to be figured out.

I spoke with Dan Miller from Bungie earlier today (before i kicked him out of my party lol) and he mentioned that this was going to be a muuuuuuch slower grind than before, so ya'll mofos already hitting your head against the soft caps barely a week nto it are making me roll my eyes more than the gunsmith used to reroll perks

I for one look forward to spending the next year casually grinding Vanguard packages for an LDR.

With all respect to Dan Miller, that is a crap thing for him to say. Bungie is making the exact same mistake from vanilla, trying to control player progression.

As someone on reddit said, bungie has control of how much fun the game is, players have control over how efficient they want to be. They went way too far in trying to slow down progression in ROI, and people have found ways around their blocks similar to loot cave and tuned the fun meter to zero.

They could have started the raid at 355, they could have made archon area farmable, they could have given massive vanguard rep for running old raids, blue engrams could have capped their LL at 365 instead of 340, etc. Instead they thought by forcing you to grind from 340 to 365 through heroic strikes most people would take a few weeks to level up, but instead people are just chain farming bosses for 2 blue drops at a time for HOURS and that is more or less loot cave levels of shitty game play. Even if they fix that, people will figure out other ways to make the level grind efficient plus now it will be massively unfair to people who have to spend 100+ hours to level up compared to those who spent 4-5 hours. Stop trying to force time sinks onto people.

TTK was definitely a massive revolution, the April update was a nice evolution in the light upgrade changes, ROI was in many ways a devolution back to vanilla in terms of crap story and pointless time sinks. Here's the biggest annoying thing to me (campaign spoilers)
so at the end of all that, we still really have no idea what SIVA is."nanotech / nanites" is a metal gear answer, I expect more.

Feorax

Skeleton key drop rate is shocking for me. Only seen one drop so far, which might have been scripted since it was on the Sepiks strike.

Liamc723

Would anyone be looking to do the raid in around 2 hours time?

It would be my first time, and I'm 366 light.

I'd be fine with a completely blind run, or being shown what to do if you don't have a ton of time.

nOoblet16

I read this somewhere, Rasputin was hoarding weapons so that it could incapacitate the traveler in case it decided to leave humanity unprotected. Resulting in it passively protecting the leftover of humanity. Perhaps this is what might have happened?

And about SIVA...

I don't understand it, the Siva was basically a nano tech that was used during golden age for progress. Then iron lords decided to harness it but Rasputin thought they were trespassing so it activated it's defended. The problem here was Rasputin, not SIVA. But then Saladin says that the iron lord locked Siva in the bunker to never be opened again. Why would that be? Do we know if it was something to do with Rasputin fucking it up and making the nano tech go crazy?

Zakalwe

Banned
I read this somewhere, Rasputin was hoarding weapons so that it could incapacitate the traveler in case it decided to leave humanity unprotected. Resulting in it passively protecting the leftover of humanity. Perhaps this is what might have happened?

And about SIVA...

I don't understand it, the Siva was basically a nano tech that was used during golden age for progress. Then iron lords decided to harness it but Rasputin thought they were trespassing so it activated it's defended. The problem here was Rasputin, not SIVA. But then Saladin says that the iron lord locked Siva in the bunker to never be opened again. Why would that be? Do we know if it was something to do with Rasputin fucking it up and making the nano tech go crazy?

I thought slightly differently:

The Iron Lords discovered Siva somehow. They tried to use it as a means of progress but they weren't careful enough and it somehow began to infect everything, themselves included.

They attempted to lock it away in the vault, but many died in the process succumbing to the SIVA infection.

Since that day, Saladin has stood guard over the vault knowing that Siva is far too dangerous despite its huge potential for good.

Then the fallen discover SIVA somehow and gain access to the vault which is where RoI begins.

I think Rasputin was just trying to ensure SIVA didn't get out no matter what.

XAL

Is it better to just use one at a time or a bunch?

Using a bunch at one time gives no benefit, 100% a waste if the coins.

And about SIVA...

I think it was Rasputin was charged with Earth's defense, it saw that there was no way to beat the Darkness if the Traveler left so it incapacitated the Traveler as it was leaving, forcing it to fight back the Darkness. I think during simulations Ras also unshackled itself from protecting humanity, which is how it was able to do what it did.

Also Rasputin does not trust the traveler, and by extension does not trust the guardians - at least not in the era of the Iron Lords. It saw their intrusion as an attack and killed them.

Devil Splicers somehow wrested control of Siva away from Rasputin and that's kind of where we are.

Do you lose your Sive offering in the Archon Forge, if you dont complete the activity?

yes you lose it, if you die and dont buy back in time (which you almost certainly won't be able to) you lose it as well

Arrrammis

And about SIVA...

From what I understand, SIVA is a separate entity from Rasputin. SIVA (from what I understand) was intended to be used to build huge structures, but its AI went out of control, and began trying to take over everything. Rasputin was able to somehow contain SIVA in one of his bunkers, and Rasputin understood how powerful SIVA could become. So when he saw the Iron Lords coming to unleash SIVA, he had to try to stop them at all costs. Saladin acknowledges this in the last mission, Rasputin was trying to warn them that SIVA was not what they expected, and trying to keep them from potentially dooming themselves, Rasputin, and the entire system.

nOoblet16

Using a bunch at one time gives no benefit, 100% a waste if the coins.

I think it was Rasputin was charged with Earth's defense, it saw that there was no way to beat the Darkness if the Traveler left so it incapacitated the Traveler as it was leaving, forcing it to fight back the Darkness. I think during simulations Ras also unshackled itself from protecting humanity, which is how it was able to do what it did.

Also Rasputin does not trust the traveler, and by extension does not trust the guardians - at least not in the era of the Iron Lords. It saw their intrusion as an attack and killed them.

Devil Splicers somehow wrested control of Siva away from Rasputin and that's kind of where we are.

yes you lose it, if you die and dont buy back in time (which you almost certainly won't be able to) you lose it as well
Well everyone and their mother seems to be able to know how to get to Rasputin lol.

So, are the exotic faction class item quests busted? Zero progress in either PVP or PVE. And I'm wearing the shader, emblem, and class item.

They said that they were going to remove the need to wear the shader / emblem / class item for Iron Banner, so it wouldn't surprise me if they inadvertently broke that quest.

Late to reply but I found this to be the case as well.

From what I understand, SIVA is a separate entity from Rasputin. SIVA (from what I understand) was intended to be used to build huge structures, but its AI went out of control, and began trying to take over everything. Rasputin was able to somehow contain SIVA in one of his bunkers, and Rasputin understood how powerful SIVA could become. So when he saw the Iron Lords coming to unleash SIVA, he had to try to stop them at all costs. Saladin acknowledges this in the last mission, Rasputin was trying to warn them that SIVA was not what they expected, and trying to keep them from potentially dooming themselves, Rasputin, and the entire system.

Rasputin
da real mvp.

If there is a CD it's literally only a minute or two. I've seen someone get two exotics in a row on the Dreadnaught knight, the entire run takes 2-3 minutes max.

Cooldown isn't a "can't work", it is a greatly reduced chance during the cooldown. Suspect the ToC is two fields on the character: cumulative chance and last success. During the cooldown period odds are reduced by some amount (e.g. 10x). Every unsuccessful ToC increases cumulative chance by some amount and each success resets it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Cooldown isn't a "can't work", it is a greatly reduced chance during the cooldown. Suspect the ToC is two fields on the character: cumulative chance and last success. During the cooldown period odds are reduced by some amount (e.g. 10x). Every unsuccessful ToC increases cumulative chance by some amount and each success resets it.

Do you have any conclusive evidence of this?

Started a Hunter yesterday, used the 40 boost that came with RoI and carried over some saved hunter stuff to boost light level to 335.

Still have yet to see the quest for the void subclass. Not sure what the trigger is for it.

Speaking of, is there a fast way to grind subclasses? I kind of want my Hunter to be a PVP character but still do PVE. Almost bought that 20 dollar pack with the exotic item until I found out you can't infuse it.

stay gold

Blind raid anyone? Don't care what your LL is (im only 362), just sick of grinding and want to experience this before knowing all the pro strats is required. Can start as soon as we have 6.

1. Stay Gold

PS4 btw,

Top Bottom