• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
If you know the answer can you just tell me yes or no?

Your chances increase if you don't get an exotic and you use another coin. Someone made an analogy of rolling a die looking for a specific number, and each time you roll and miss the number you want adds a tiny amount of weight to it.

However, it's more complex than "yes or no", and there's a lot of interesting information/discussion via the link.

does anyone else feel like the king's fall shotgun and machine gun have kind of ruined any other weapon of those types? when KF came out i was initially disappointed that the main draw of the raid weapons seemed to be cocoon, but now i feel like i can't live without it on SGs and MGs in pve

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Your chances increase if you don't get an exotic and you use another coin. Someone made an analogy of rolling a die looking for a specific number, and each time you roll and miss the number you want adds a tiny amount of weight to it.

However, it's more complex than "yes or no", and there's a lot of interesting information/discussion via the link.

Sorry to hop on here, but are they worth stacking?

And I am at 349 so I won't be dead weight next time we Strike.

Zakalwe

Banned
does anyone else feel like the king's fall shotgun and machine gun have kind of ruined any other weapon of those types? when KF came out i was initially disappointed that the main draw of the raid weapons seemed to be cocoon, but now i feel like i can't live without it on SGs and MGs in pve

Not for shotguns, no. When I use a shotgun I make sure my gear and perks are spec'd for it, so reload is never an issue.

MG maybe, but I've not got the raid variant to try.

Went into work this morning so I could force myself to take a break from Destiny. Our raid group got to
the second to last encounter, throwing SIVA Charges at the stationary Aksis
. Had a really good time, but I need to recharge before jumping back to the grind to be competitive for the end.

MrDaravon

Shit, didn't realize until last night that the faction vendor stock rotates weekly now which actually makes way more sense but now I'm on a time crunch lol. What are the absolute must haves from vendors this week, say top one or two picks? I have zero hand cannons other than exotics so I'm guessing the Palindrome? Only other one that is immediately coming to mind is either the FWC The Wounded Scout but I've already got one of those with good (but different rolls) than the vendor one, and the DO Shotgun but I already have a PC+1/Matador.

Speaking of which I've been meaning to ask this - between these two which would be best? I'm assuming the PC but not sure if the Matador is maybe still worth keeping on an alt/vault.

Party Crasher +1 with Field Choke/Aggressive Ballistics, Life Support, Reinforced Barrel, Exhumed

Or

Matador 65 with Accurized Ballistics, Cascade, Rifled/Reinforced Barrel (not sure which is better?) and Crowd Control

The perks on the Matador seem better (Life Support and Exhumed are both kinda shit) but not sure if stats wise the PC still pulls out ahead, it's all most people ever mention. And I guess would the DO shotgun be better than either one of these?

CREMSteve

So what is the actual tactic for the Ormnigul farm? 320 or 350 strike? What classes, what weapons etc.?

320 is fine.

We did it last night for like 4 hours, was profitable, but still a serious grind.

We had a Titan, Hunter and Warlock. If you've got two Warlocks and a Hunter, that's the ideal setup (see above video).

Not for shotguns, no. When I use a shotgun I make sure my gear and perks are spec'd for it, so reload is never an issue.

MG maybe, but I've not got the raid variant to try.

even with everything spec'd for fast reloads, it still feels so tedious with shotguns now

Shit, didn't realize until last night that the faction vendor stock rotates weekly now which actually makes way more sense but now I'm on a time crunch lol. What are the absolute must haves from vendors this week, say top one or two picks? I have zero hand cannons other than exotics so I'm guessing the Palindrome? Only other one that is immediately coming to mind is either the FWC The Wounded Scout but I've already got one of those with good (but different rolls) than the vendor one, and the DO Shotgun but I already have a PC+1/Matador.

Speaking of which I've been meaning to ask this - between these two which would be best? I'm assuming the PC but not sure if the Matador is maybe still worth keeping on an alt/vault.

Party Crasher +1 with Field Choke/Aggressive Ballistics, Life Support, Reinforced Barrel, Exhumed

Or

Matador 65 with Accurized Ballistics, Cascade, Rifled/Reinforced Barrel (not sure which is better?) and Crowd Control

The perks on the Matador seem better (Life Support and Exhumed are both kinda shit) but not sure if stats wise the PC still pulls out ahead, it's all most people ever mention. And I guess would the DO shotgun be better than either one of these?

wait, what? is this true? i can't find anything about it.

nOoblet16

Since 370 seems to be the sweet spot to feel decent for the final encounter. Then I think it's garbage that the only way to get there right now is to do 15-20 faction rank ups starting at 365 and then to have a big exotic engram collection in your vault.

Being 370 in the final boss is like being a lvl 29 in HM Atheon. Being below 370 is like being a lvl 28
It's not so straightforward, 13LL is equal to an old 1LL and the curve flatens out after the first 10 (meaning the damage penalty curve is not as steep as it is in the first 10) but even then it does not compare because this fight is designed to be played at lower level while Atheon was only partly so.

Considering the enemies you fight in final room (all low level enemies thst die quickly with one or two exceptions) and that majority of your DPS on final boss comes from relics and abilities rather than your weapons...it really isn't like being level 28 for Atheon.

Zakalwe

Banned
even with everything spec'd for fast reloads, it still feels so tedious with shotguns now

Except I can reload faster than it takes for cacoon to proc, and switching to a primary isn't always what I want to do.

But then 90% of he time I roll shotguns I'm also running Defender with War Machine...

MrDaravon

wait, what? is this true? i can't find anything about it.

All of the faction vendors have Stock Refresh timers that are counting down to reset that none of them had before when their wares were static.

Weirdly the Vanguard Class vendor (Cayde etc) have timers that expire in 12 minutes from now so no idea there.

It's still the first week of RoI. There hasn't even been enough time for vendors to rotate lol.

Right, but the vendors are rotating stock now so that's why people are scrambling to get certain vendor rolls now before they go away.

All of the faction vendors have Stock Refresh timers that are counting down to reset that none of them had before when their wares were static.

Weirdly the Vanguard Class vendor (Cayde etc) have timers that expire in 12 minutes from now so no idea there.
I could have sworn that vendors always had that timer even though they were static?

Zakalwe

Banned
i still find it more efficient to always be switching

It probably is overal, but when you really need your shotgun primary won't cut it anyway so I prefer getting to the boom as quickly as possible.

Plus you can cut the reload short at any point if you need an immediate shot.

MrDaravon

I could have sworn that vendors always had that timer even though they were static?

I'm 99% sure that they didn't have the Refresh timers before, but I'm not positive on that. If they did they have confused a lot of people with this, just seeing folks scrambling to get Palindromes and whatnot before reset.

Cruxist

It's not so straightforward, 13LL is equal to an old 1LL and the curve flatens out after the first 10 (meaning the damage penalty curve is not as steep as it is in the first 10) but even then it does not compare because this fight is designed to be played at lower level while Atheon was only partly so.

Considering the enemies you fight in final room (all low level enemies thst die quickly with one or two exceptions) and that majority of your DPS on final boss comes from relics and abilities rather than your weapons...it really isn't like being level 28 for Atheon.

Unfortunately, some folks have gotten so used to playing at normal damage levels, they just get wrecked in that final encounter if they aren't at a proper LL. We got to that final encounter in about 2 hours last night, and then it became very apparent which players were skilled and which were average.

On a positive note, 369 artifact from Eris today! That's a LL by itself, I was sitting at 360 in that slot for the raid. I'm so close to 370 I can almost taste it. But I've also gotten legs in the last 5 packages I've decrypted, so I'm hesitant to put any more time into grinding factions.

I'm 99% sure that they didn't have the Refresh timers before, but I'm not positive on that. If they did they have confused a lot of people with this, just seeing folks scrambling to get Palindromes and whatnot before reset.

is there a topic about it on reddit or something?

btkadams

Is there really no one playing this game, or are the servers being hammered? I don't remember ever waiting this long to get into crucible matches.

Ok SUPER dumb question.

Can you access the entire cosmodrome from the plaguelands patrol?
I have reach the room after the area were the tank is destroyed and the door is closed. You can go all the way to the very beggining (when you actually start) and board the skiff. There is a mission for this also. Further than that, i dont know

SeanR1221

Yes

Rocketyards has a cracked wall on the right after the first tunnel, go through it and it connects you to the Plaguelands.

I have reach the room after the area were the tank is destroyed and the door is closed. You can go all the way to the very beggining (when you actually start) and board the skiff. There is a mission for this also. Further than that, i dont know

Very cool. I guess there's no point in going to the cosmodrome patrol unless you get a bounty there

Ramirez

I was doing Gunsmith stuff last night, and it just hit me how incompetent it is that nothing new was added to that for RoI. I mean how hard could it be to just change the kill objectives, or have a couple weapons be SIVA/Plaguelands related?

Alfebit

Banned
Ok SUPER dumb question.

Can you access the entire cosmodrome from the plaguelands patrol?

You cannot. A door in the connecting area between The Divide and The Steppes is closed preventing you from reaching that area. The tunnel in The Refinery connecting to The Grottos is also blocked off by some rocks.

MrDaravon

Oh neat, I got a 371 Unending Deluge III from Crucible that rolled Spray and Play, Smallbore and Surplus. Apparently this is the only Heavy that was added in RoI that can roll Surplus, and stats-wise the gun seems really solid. Guess I'm using this thing.

Toddler

Man, I'm sure we had the right strat for the final encounter last night. I think fatigue created a communication breakdown and we just couldn't get in sync.

I'd really like to give it a fresh try if everyone else has time this afternoon or tomorrow evening.

Mindlog

Charge or quick shots?

Thanks for the input, everyone. The two raid groups that I was with both decided we were under-leveled. Gonna get to 370 then give it another shot.
That's actually an important part so sorry for responding so late. You don't want full charge. Second tier gives you the highest DPS, but you need to use all your shots. First tier will give you more than enough DPS to kill the boss. I used the scorch cannon so much I can easily do it with the monitor and sound off.

Got a laugh out of Krafty's raid stream. I have way better aim :]

Reddit in-depth.

Claims SC is not boosted by Weapons of Light, but SC is definitely boosted by tethers. The correct move is to wait for the third phase when everyone piles on tethers and damage boosts.

Unless you use the super recharge strat.
Which I now fully realize how to execute.

Empowered Guardians should always be left, right and back middle. Left and right can easily cover front middle if they stand in the area with the open railing. Back middle's #1 responsibility is to recharge supers. From that spot you can easily reach all of the charge pads while also covering your spawn plate. The sides might be able to reach the charge pad, but that's not as easy.

When left or right slams the left and right guardian don't move to the middle. They move to the charge plate on their side.

They've been there since day 1, I'm pretty sure.

Kalamari

Or

I think both of those are better than the Last Ditch, I would hold on to both of them.

Top Bottom