• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Hedgey

Anyone mind sharing which weapons they used on the last raid boss?
I like using Raze-Lighter to deal with the captains on first phase but then I feel weak for DPS.

The last team I tried it with, I tried to introduce the leftover empowered slamming the back plates to get super strat but most of my team couldn't even deal with the captains.

the_id

Want to run a fresh blind WoTM raid with Kurt_Niisan. Anyone keen? Light level 360+ and being aware that we might not get to finish the final boss.

1. the_id
2. xenoraven
3. outlaw_omega
4. Slenderbeans
5. looney
6. Night_knight

Added you guys. Need 2 more

Thanks for the blind raid guys! we made it to final boss!!!!! time to start grinding again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like using Raze-Lighter to deal with the captains on first phase but then I feel weak for DPS.

The last team I tried it with, I tried to introduce the leftover empowered slamming the back plates to get super strat but most of my team couldn't even deal with the captains.

Ball throwers have horn or something to do major damage. Cannon users are also sword users dealing with captains.

For those with a ton of three of coins. The new exotic farming strat is doing the last story mission. Kill two of them, wipe, rinse and repeat.

Mindlog

The majority of your DPS on the boss should be coming from the scorch cannons imo. Everything else is almost chip damage in comparison (haven't tried celestial spam.)

I would equip whatever makes it easiest to kill the Captains. I found the key to dealing with captains is to try and make the effort to clear all the shanks first. You also need to help each other. The middle captain can be a real bastard when he hides in front of his door.
Ball throwers have horn or something to do major damage. Cannon users are also sword users dealing with captains.

For those with a ton of three of coins. The new exotic farming strat is doing the last story mission. Kill two of them, wipe, rinse and repeat.
I thought there was a 3oC cooldown nerf.

Zocano

Saw a semi recent interview with Luke about the raids and I'm so glad he realized they borked Golgoroth. One bubble strat triviliazes and circumvents the mechanic of passing the gaze entirely. It's a shame it slipped through cause it's my favorite fight.

I thought there was a 3oC cooldown nerf.

It's about ten minutes after a coin consumption, but it's honestly not debilitating. I've had plenty of exotics drop after using a few within the span of a few minutes. That said, I still recommend farming the Heroic Strike playlist, as you're more likely to get something out of your time invested, and you benefit from the full ten minutes between coins.

Hedgey

The majority of your DPS on the boss should be coming from the scorch cannons imo.
Charge or quick shots?

Thanks for the input, everyone. The two raid groups that I was with both decided we were under-leveled. Gonna get to 370 then give it another shot.

The GAF help continues to show itself. Thank you Deafmetal and PrivateHudson for putting Omnigol on the farm with me tonight for a while. Went into today at 352, walked out a solid 366 and depending on what I infuse, even higher. Thanks again guys.

Hedgey

What about 3oC cooldown?[/QUOTE]

I just tried this.
Popped a three of coins, killed one, popped a second one immediately after and got an exotic.

Cooldown can't be that tough...

Shiv47

Farmed Sepiks for a couple hours, and went from 351 to 356, but shit is it boring. I realize I shouldn't be bothered by it, but virtually everyone I see on my friends list is above 360 and raiding, and here am I with a life and unable to grind 16 hours a day to get in on the fun.

Dez_

Farmed Sepiks for a couple hours, and went from 351 to 356, but shit is it boring. I realize I shouldn't be bothered by it, but virtually everyone I see on my friends list is above 360 and raiding, and here am I with a life and unable to grind 16 hours a day to get in on the fun.

It is rather frustrating to see how the LL increases got scaled back to a significant degree. I figured I would be able to get within the recommended level when the raid came out, but even when putting in a ungodly amount of time with this game (I am having fun with it, btw) I was nowhere near where I needed to be. Honestly, I finally decided to cave in and farm Omnigul today with some friends. I actually got my LL up from around 358 to 363... which honestly doesn't like much, now looking at what I wrote.

Probably would have been better if the raid was pushed back by a few days to a week if the grind was going to be this involved, I don't know. It's going to be difficult to try and do a blind raid at this point.

Dez_

On a more positive note, I just got this drop from Dead Orbit. Forgot what the vendor version was selling.

svpdLJt.jpg

Hand loaded, hammer forged, range finder, along with field choke for additional range or aggressive ballistics for the extra damage. Not sure which to go, but I'm definitely going to be bringing this into the crucible.

XAL

hahahaha

fuck Bungie .... again

I was actually having fun with this expansion, but all blue and purple engrams being capped at 365 is fucking asinine.

I rolled my Dead Orbit faction FIVE GODDAMN TIMES for armor and got a class item with an arm piece every single time - every class item was 365 and only ONE of the arm pieces was 1 LL higher than what I had. And yes I equipped it before rolling the last 2 times.

So it's like 1 and 3 chance or worse you'll get better LL for ONE piece of gear from a faction vendor?

What the F U C K man

How are people expected to get to 370 raid level when Heroic Strikes don't drop decrypted blues above 365?

Forge?
I got lucky today and was about to run like 8 forge runs and I only got 2 class items at 367 when I deposited 3 of the 8 offerings.

97% of the time I go the Forge is a fucking ghost town. And I have my PS4 in a DMZ so it's not a connection issue. No one ever there.

Treasure chests?
Treasure keys almost never drop, I did 31 strikes today and only got 2 treasure keys.

I just really don't understand what the hell Bungie is doing.

They do so much right and then they just bungle it and fuck it up and it just ruins the game experience.

So because I didn't take the week off of work and get my light level to above 370 before they stealth nerfed stuff, I now have to engage in a relentless grind for like 2 weeks before I can gain 4 light level?

If they don't fix this engram problem/artificial wall by the end of next week I think I'll be done with this game.

darkwing

hahahaha

fuck Bungie .... again

I was actually having fun with this expansion, but all blue and purple engrams being capped at 365 is fucking asinine.

I rolled my Dead Orbit faction FIVE GODDAMN TIMES for armor and got a class item with an arm piece every single time - every class item was 365 and only ONE of the arm pieces was 1 LL higher than what I had. And yes I equipped it before rolling the last 2 times.

So it's like 1 and 3 chance or worse you'll get better LL for ONE piece of gear from a faction vendor?

What the F U C K man

How are people expected to get to 370 raid level when Heroic Strikes don't drop decrypted blues above 365?

Forge?
I got lucky today and was about to run like 8 forge runs and I only got 2 class items at 367 when I deposited 3 of the 8 offerings.

97% of the time I go the Forge is a fucking ghost town. And I have my PS4 in a DMZ so it's not a connection issue. No one ever there.

Treasure chests?
Treasure keys almost never drop, I did 31 strikes today and only got 2 treasure keys.

I just really don't understand what the hell Bungie is doing.

They do so much right and then they just bungle it and fuck it up and it just ruins the game experience.

So because I didn't take the week off of work and get my light level to above 370 before they stealth nerfed stuff, I now have to engage in a relentless grind for like 2 weeks before I can gain 4 light level?

If they don't fix this engram problem/artificial wall by the end of next week I think I'll be done with this game.

calm down, ROI isn't a week old yet, it isn't a race to 385,you are going to get burnt out

XAL

calm down, ROI isn't a week old yet, it isn't a race to 385,you are going to get burnt out

I don't know man, I just really wanted to raid. And no one wants to raid with someone that isn't at minimum 370.

Once you hit 365 every single engram is just worth materials and marks, nothing more.

And rolling your faction doesn't even guarantee you 1 LL + for one item.

I'm not even racing, it's been a pretty smooth progression to 365 and now there's this wall where you can only get higher light level stuff if you have a treasure key or get lucky in archon's forge and actually get a reward, which you only maybe get a reward - even if you put the offering in.

The people that hoarded everything and raced through are now in the mid to high 370's just because they were high enough to be able to raid.

People that haven't are just stuck and can't even get to recommended raid level.

I just don't get it.

Hedgey

I don't know man, I just really wanted to raid. And no one wants to raid with someone that isn't at minimum 370.

Once you hit 365 every single engram is just worth materials and marks, nothing more.

And rolling your faction doesn't even guarantee you 1 LL + for one item.

Feeling that burn right now. I'll share my current strategy:
-Farm 3oC on "The Iron Tomb" (Pop 3oC and kill one boss, Pop another 3oC while hammer is reforging, kill second boss, wipe. I've been getting 2-3 engrams per 15 or so 3oC [Thanks Kadey!])
-Buy heavy ammo from Xur, and Variks (250 Glimmer + 1 Ether Seed) for faction rep.
You get TONS of House banners and Ether seeds from the bosses.

Went from 365 to 369 today.

Wow... I love the new raid.

Got to the last boss and stopped.
Started at 367 came out of it 369 hopefully can push pass and hit 370+ with the help of my exotic engrams tonight.

Got 2 rocket launchers & fusion rifles lol

Thanks id and the guys hopefully all of you can level & clear it before reset!

Marvel

could never
Phogoth Strike never comes up, got 1 Skeleton key I'm saving for that chest lol typical. It's been just over two days of solid work.

The rotation for the new ones is way of.

HMD

Phogoth Strike never comes up, got 1 Skeleton key I'm saving for that chest lol typical. It's been just over two days of solid work.

The rotation for the new ones is way of.

I played the 320 version on the moon and got 371 gauntlets from the chest.

I spoke with Dan Miller from Bungie earlier today (before i kicked him out of my party lol) and he mentioned that this was going to be a muuuuuuch slower grind than before, so ya'll mofos already hitting your head against the soft caps barely a week nto it are making me roll my eyes more than the gunsmith used to reroll perks

I for one look forward to spending the next year casually grinding Vanguard packages for an LDR.

Toki767

I spoke with Dan Miller from Bungie earlier today (before i kicked him out of my party lol) and he mentioned that this was going to be a muuuuuuch slower grind than before, so ya'll mofos already hitting your head against the soft caps barely a week nto it are making me roll my eyes more than the gunsmith used to reroll perks

Sounds to me like they're going to nerf the Omnigul farm lol

I'm only up to 355 without farming. Tempted to do it though just to raid. -_-

I mentioned this on Discord the other day -

This is the first time in Destiny that this game truly feels like an MMO to me. I don't know if it's just the medieval vibe given off by some of the new areas and gear or what but I feel like Destiny finally knows what it wants to be.

darkwing

I for one look forward to spending the next year casually grinding Vanguard packages for an LDR.

with maybe Destiny 2 at least a year away, I don't mind, 1 year to 400 :D

Interesting

At this rate i look forward giving the raid a shot next month

XAL

Feeling that burn right now. I'll share my current strategy:
-Farm 3oC on "The Iron Tomb" (Pop 3oC and kill one boss, Pop another 3oC while hammer is reforging, kill second boss, wipe. I've been getting 2-3 engrams per 15 or so 3oC [Thanks Kadey!])
-Buy heavy ammo from Xur, and Variks (250 Glimmer + 1 Ether Seed) for faction rep.
You get TONS of House banners and Ether seeds from the bosses.

Went from 365 to 369 today.

Farming exotics to get LL increase.

Well alrighty then.

Thanks for the tip.

Guess I'll spend all 90 strange coins i have left on 3oc

Zocano

I do think people are just too focused on getting shit done asap and wanting to force the progression faster than it was designed for. It is a bit frustrating in some regards but I don't think the slow pace is inherently flawed.

darkwing

I do think people are just too focused on getting shit done asap and wanting to force the progression faster than it was designed for. It is a bit frustrating in some regards but I don't think the slow pace is inherently flawed.

me too, I went 2 LL in two days , and just doing strikes plus normal stuff like patrols, don't want to be burnt out lol

Top Bottom