• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes

Rocketyards has a cracked wall on the right after the first tunnel, go through it and it connects you to the Plaguelands.

Not true.

You can access a few limited areas (Rocketyards, The Divide, the walker section of Devil's Layer, and the first area in the game reached via TD) but not the entire thing and they're entirely separate instances to the actual cosmodrome.

You cannot acces the plaguelands from cosmodrome OG.

MrDaravon

They've been there since day 1, I'm pretty sure.

I think both of those are better than the Last Ditch, I would hold on to both of them.

Well I hope I'm wrong on the vendor thing, but at the same time I honestly think it would be nice if their stock did change weekly. If my Matador and PC are both better than the Last Ditch (thanks for the feedback there!) the only thing I'm particularly concerned about getting before any potential reset is the Palindrome and I'll have more than enough for that, just wasn't sure I'd get enough Marks to buy a second weapon.

Kalamari

I think Archon's Forge is bugged right now, the center dome won't open once reaching 100%, it just keeps releasing waves of enemies and axes.

edit: hmm, it worked fine that time, maybe it's just an intermittent issue. it happened twice in a row before.

CREMSteve

Not true.

You can access a few limited areas (Rocketyards, The Divide, the walker section of Devil's Layer, and the first area in the game reached via TD) but not the entire thing and they're entirely separate instances to the actual cosmodrome.

You cannot acces the plaguelands from cosmodrome OG.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. If you zone into the Plaguelands, you can access the Cosmodrome. I did it last night.

I have no idea if you can access it by zoning into the Cosmodrome, though.

Ranked up FWC 4 times this week and have gotten the same gun (Waltz pulse rifle) in every package. This newest one seems alright though: small bore, steadyhand, armor piercing, third eye, headseeker

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. If you zone into the Plaguelands, you can access the Cosmodrome. I did it last night.

No, you can't. You have access to the divide and rocket yards sections of the cosmodrome (as well as the refinery, blast, and breach) but that's it. You cannot pass from the divide to the steppes and other areas of the cosmodrome.

CREMSteve

No, you can't. You have access to the divide and rocket yards sections of the cosmodrome (as well as the refinery, blast, and breach) but that's it. You cannot pass from the divide to the steppes and other areas of the cosmodrome.

Ah, gotcha. I never bothered to walk outside the Rocketyard/Divide before I headed back to the Plaguelands.

Zakalwe

Banned

It's not the entire nor the actual OG cosmodrome though, just the areas listed above which are entirely separate to the OG.

To be clear: if I'm in Rocketyards on Cosmadrome and you're in Rocketyards via Plagueglands, we won't ever meet.

_Legacy_

Any XB1 Gaffers up for the part of the final boss in the raid? Getting really annoyed with people in LFG claiming they know what to do and then fail miserably.

CREMSteve

It's not the entire nor the actual OG cosmodrome though, just the areas listed above which are entirely separate to the OG.

To be clear: if I'm in Rocketyards on Cosmadrome and you're in Rocketyards via Plagueglands, we won't ever meet.

This makes sense, because the ROI Cosmodrome areas do look different than the OG ones, iirc.

Is there any incentive in keeping year 1 exotics? I haven't played in a very long time so I'm unaware of what's good and what isn't in PVP. Also, can I just decrypt a Y1 exotic to make a Y3 Gjallahorn?

OK then. So I got into a groove with heroic strikes and managed to from 353 to 358. The main sticking point was 353 because it seemed like no matter what I kept getting 353/354 drops. Once I passed that point I started getting drops 2-3 levels above where I was at.

Trying to get back into Destiny, but finding some barriers. Every time I go to Archon's Forge, it's completely empty. And the last three times I've tried to use the Weekly Heroic Strike play list (SIVA Crisis, whatever it's called now), my group repeatedly fails at the last boss and someone abandons ship.

hoggert

Oh neat, I got a 371 Unending Deluge III from Crucible that rolled Spray and Play, Smallbore and Surplus. Apparently this is the only Heavy that was added in RoI that can roll Surplus, and stats-wise the gun seems really solid. Guess I'm using this thing.

Got the exact same roll last week, I have it sitting on an alt and haven't completely leveled it up but it's a fucking beast. I was using it to randomly kill some adds, and was like "wtf, this handles so nice." Only downside to it is the range.

NeOak

I'm 99% sure that they didn't have the Refresh timers before, but I'm not positive on that. If they did they have confused a lot of people with this, just seeing folks scrambling to get Palindromes and whatnot before reset.
Timers have been there since TTK

Is there any incentive in keeping year 1 exotics? I haven't played in a very long time so I'm unaware of what's good and what isn't in PVP. Also, can I just decrypt a Y1 exotic to make a Y3 Gjallahorn?

Keep them for sentimental reasons, but they won't be useful for Y3 content.

Y3 Ghorn is only obtained by quest. It's actually pretty easy to get.

thabiz

If anyone needs a 6th for ps4 final boss in the new raid, I'm 372 and need to finish. Original group fell apart and I'd like to get this done.

Mindlog

Trying to get back into Destiny, but finding some barriers. Every time I go to Archon's Forge, it's completely empty. And the last three times I've tried to use the Weekly Heroic Strike play list (SIVA Crisis, whatever it's called now), my group repeatedly fails at the last boss and someone abandons ship.
When you get to the bottom of the stairs stop. Move as slowly as possible while climbing the stairs to get to the forge. Take ~10 seconds or more. The Forge matchmaking zone is really tight.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, we did it in about an hour and a half. Doable with 360-370s. Four rockets and four scouts. Armor drops are more rare compared to weapons. Only got Titan helm after three runs.

Now I need to grind Eris rep. Got a 384 artifact from last rank up.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, we did it in about an hour and a half. Doable with 360-370s. Four rockets and four scouts. Armor drops are more rare compared to weapons. Only got Titan helm after three runs.

Now I need to grind Eris rep. Got a 384 artifact from last rank up.

Good to know, my friends and I are looking to try at 360 (I'll be around 370 by then, but the majority will be low 60s) next week.

Kyne

been out of the meta for a while, trying to determine if these are good rolls. Advice pls.

beZYXA0.png

JmqS70j.png

Got a blueberry to add me to his fireteam in Archon's Forge so I left my current one and invited a friend and then my previous fireteam added another friend so we had a 6 man Forge rolling. One from each fireteam stayed in the Forge while the others hunted for offerings. Then switched out till we had 6. Then randoms showed up and we did ten offerings in a row.

Bungie. Please let us carry more than one offering. Stack it at 5 or 10, at the least.

The Forge is a fun time... But not with a gimped one offering carry maximum.

Top Bottom