• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Bold One

I can appreciate those people who want to burn through the content asap, "world first" and people who like to keep at the head of the wave. For those people I understand that limiting progress will be frustrating.

And I also understand that releasing the raid a a week after release of the DLC seems contradictory to the limited progress as it makes it seems as if the delay was intended to allow people to get ready, but to get ready in a week you need to either game the system or grind like hell.

So the design of the game is contradictory which will inevitably lead to frustration, I get that.

I agree that Bungie should have catered to both types of players. If they left in a way to grind out hard to reach raid level in a week then they obviously intended for it to be possible (Omnigal farm aside), so they absolutely could have included a variety of ways that were as efficient as the others to reduce the feeling of grind.

However, there is no need to rush for the raid. And if you don't rush, you can play a large variety of content and achieve steady enough progression that it always feels like what you're doing is worthwhile.

So yeh, if you rush for the raid you are forcing the grind on yourself. At this point when we understand the system especially.

I'm glad I didn't rush for the raid day one. I have friends who are taking it slower and looking forward to a blind raid sometime over the next few weeks. It really isn't difficult to avoid spoilers (this forum and the discord are the only places I frequent that talk about it, and even then it's easy to spot posts and just skip them) and I'm feeling no burnout.

I do get your frustration though, don't get me wrong.

XifttGv.gif

I will never understand the pathological desire to burn through content ASAP and then spend the rest of the cycle moaning about lack of content.

Edit: I know ROI is anaemic but I have noticed something since OG Destiny launched, there is no amount of content that will satisfy the "The World First" crowd.

RdN

So, after grinding for a couple days, I finally got a Skeleton Key and got a 367 artifact from Sepiks chest.

Now, how do I keep advancing?

All loot that I get from Heroic Strikes has been a max of 365. Is it really possible for blue drops to be above 365?

Deku Tree

Reddit says you can join on your friend who beat a raid boss and open the loot chest and get a raid drop if you have a siva cache key and get a loot drop. But the chest does despawn on a timer.

XAL

Are those public event gold legendary engrams capped at 365 to?

All blue engrams are capped at 340.

All purple engrams are capped at 365.

All decrypted blue pickups are capped at 365.

All decrypted purple pickups are +/- 2 of your current LL on that particular item (anywhere in that range) (opening hoards with a treasure key yields much better stuff than faction packages)

Exotic engrams are usually ~ +3.

Clunker

Got a blueberry to add me to his fireteam in Archon's Forge so I left my current one and invited a friend and then my previous fireteam added another friend so we had a 6 man Forge rolling. One from each fireteam stayed in the Forge while the others hunted for offerings. Then switched out till we had 6. Then randoms showed up and we did ten offerings in a row.

Bungie. Please let us carry more than one offering. Stack it at 5 or 10, at the least.

The Forge is a fun time... But not with a gimped one offering carry maximum.
What was your best method for finding Siva offerings? I have a few banked but still unsure how to find them reliably.

If Xboxen folks are around tomorrow in early evening (say 4 to 6pm Eastern), I have two purple Siva offerings and one green one to use if I can get a crew together.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, after grinding for a couple days, I finally got a Skeleton Key and got a 367 artifact from Sepiks chest.

All loot that I get from Heroic Strikes has been a max of 365. Is it really possible for blue drops to be above 365?

No, blues cap at 365.

Nope. Blue drops max out 365, as well as Legendaries only decrypt up to 365. You'll have to do Reputation Packages, Exotic Engrams, Crucible drops and Raid drops.

All blue engrams are capped at 340.

All purple engrams are capped at 365.

All decrypted blue pickups are capped at 365.

All decrypted purple pickups are +/- 2 of your current LL on that particular item (anywhere in that range) (opening hoards with a treasure key yields much better stuff than faction packages)

Exotic engrams are usually ~ +3.

That would be nice. My last 3 exotics have all been -1.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anyone doing nightfalls or the raid? I havent done the raid at all but would be nice if I can tag along...

Arrrammis

Woop, hit 365 finally. Anyone want to run nightfall + CoE? I'm not sure of any other way to level up past 365 besides 3oC, skeleton key drops, and packages.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, need 3 people for the raid, 360 LL minimum, experience of at least running it once. More of a "we want more loot" run, so if you have an alt that needs to run the raid, you can join up with us. Not really expecting to finish it fully, and we've only got about two hours to do it (so enough to get through most of the raid).

Starting the raid in about 2 hours, 5pm EST.

1. HaRyu (PSN: Harlan_Ryudo)
2. deafmedal
3. fox

Zakalwe

Banned
XifttGv.gif

I will never understand the pathological desire to burn through content ASAP and then spend the rest of the cycle moaning about lack of content.

I've played quite a few MMOs in the past, and I've been at the head of that wave a few times.

It's a different kind of game when you play it that way, the contest of finding the most efficient tactics and groups and pushing yourself to be focused can be really fun. The obvious and pretty huge downside being you'll outgrow the content incredibly quickly.

As I mentioned, the contradictory aspects of games like these is what I find most frustrating. For every MMO I've played, the devs have always shown a distinct interest in the niche hardcore player bases. They often blog about the achievements of hardcore players, patch notes frequently reflect the preceding opinions of those with in depth knowledge of the gaming systems so there's good evidence they pay attention to their feedback (honestly, the backlash you read for the majority of patch notes are little more than violent knee jerks), and they understand these groups are incredibly important to MMO style games as their dedication, innovations, and skills contribute a lot to the build up of grassroots interest at the casual player level.

Yet they almost never design their games to actually cater for these groups.

Some games such as the original GWs (I know it's an old example, but its systems remain a great example of innovation within the MMO genre) have systems in place that allow the player base to really dig into the end game content in innovative ways (anyone remember the 55HP monk? Assassin Raptor Farming? M/Wo FoW spider beach?), but these things were inherent to a system that was designed with innovation in mind.

When it comes to a game like Destiny which - while allowing for some innovation in terms of group structure and individual set-ups), the depth isn't enough to allow a wide enough set of innovative builds to keep an extremely limited amount of gameplay instances interesting for too long.

Destiny's absolute main draw is the gunplay. It's easily amongst the best in the genre and possibly the best (on console at least) current example of FPS gameplay. Yet even the most playable game in the world will get old if you're forced to repeat the same few levels over and over.

All they need to do is spread out progression across the main game. Re-purpose all the old content: raids, strikes, missions, patrols. Add harder game modes relevant to end game LL. Add new loot tables for higher chunks of rep, marks, engram and end game loot rolls).

Doing this things like weekly lockouts would sting a lot less. There'd be a huge variety of content to play through, and "grind" would be called "playing" a lot more often.

The content already exists. I know dev time isn't infinite, but the additions to make old content relevant again are extremely minimal in comparison to the development of new content. I almost wish this had been the last major update instead of what we got with RoI (Raid aside, we always needed a new raid!).

I'm aware I'm goingon a bit now, so I'll stop, but tl;dr the contradictory nature of the way Bungie caters to its hardcore fanbase is baffling, especially when the solutions are so obvious.

XenoRaven

Ok, need 3 people for the raid, 360 LL minimum, experience of at least running it once. More of a "we want more loot" run, so if you have an alt that needs to run the raid, you can join up with us. Not really expecting to finish it fully, and we've only got about two hours to do it (so enough to get through most of the raid).

Starting the raid in about 2 hours, 5pm EST.

1. HaRyu (PSN: Harlan_Ryudo)
2. deafmedal
3. fox
Done everything except the final boss, 365 LL. Is that acceptable?

Zakalwe

Banned
Best method for Three of Coins?

Just looking for the easiest to get to boss. I know the cooldown and such.

Dreadnaught Ultra Knight for me. The time it takes to run to the boss each time seems to work with the CD theories/evidence.

Plus you can often take a kill/loot patrol bounty right at the start and complete it on your way (chance of blue/purple drops en route too).

MrDaravon

Recommended to start the Raid per the Director is 370, final boss is higher than that.

As others have mentioned you can do at least the first two chunks of the Raid with a group lower than that, but I wouldn't personally suggest below low to mid 360s for starting the Raid unless everyone else is much higher and doesn't mind carrying etc. I'm 367 and some of the enemies in the next to last encounter straight up one shot me lol. Our group had everyone at 365 except I think two of us were 366 and we did the first two chunks fine.

on Xbox, at 3rd checkpoint
defeat vosik
, and just lost our two people. so we need two more but tricky thing is... we're doing this blind and don't really want everything else spoiled? lol

We do know how to beat this part we think but just need two people.

gt: NotAok if interested

Top Bottom