• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

todd360

Hey but we still tried.

I didn't get my own account, as well.

That first final boss was so ours. Meh

I wish I would have thought to save our last final boss fight. That was the closest trials match I've ever had. I might look into getting some better steaming gear now that I have good enough internet to stream. Then it will all be recorded anyways.

oSoLucky

Another small thing that made repeat VoG runs so fun. Oracle Breaker. The game rewarded you for completing the hardest content in the game by making that content a slight bit easier(especially if you were forever 29 on doing Atheon) on repeat runs. The pure variation in strategies to do something as simple as portals. An Achlyophage Hunter could solo. Anyone could solo with Found Verdict or Super Good Advice. Atheon's Epilogue and Vision of Confluence made them a good deal easier. Could also solo with the MG. Black Hammer made it so that 1 person could solo stun lock the knights on Hard Crota. Hunger was the second best PvE launcher behind Gally. Oversoul Edict and the Auto Rifle with their shield penetration/wizard stun completely changed large parts of the game as far as frustration went. Having raid gear actually opened up your options for how to do the raid, and made you feel more powerful inside it. Taken are such a small threat in KF, on top of Touch of Malice being so good at the end that those guns don't really change much. Quillim's is the only weapon that really makes a difference with its auto reload. Even faster reload in an aura is invalidated. Oh sweet, I can get bonus armor for the 2% of the raid that I have the relic? Thanks guys.

robo

Just picking up my weekly house of gudgement package from variks and bounties then may get one set if patrols done.

Any golgaroth checkpoints going I can pinch

So decided I wanted to try and get moments of triumph (or at least most of them) for year 2 after a 9 month break (just started the grind again this weekend). The ones that I am most worried about are the challenge mode fragments as I stopped raiding the week hard mode came out. Are the challenges rather easy? What is a recommended light level I should be for these activities without being a hindrance to the fireteam?

I grinded all 3 exotic swords before I quit so that part is done. The other challenges should be pretty easy as I am sure I can find a buddy to run CoE with without too much problem. The crucible one might be challenging as I am in no way geared for competitive PvP but I would like to at least get 7 of them done before it ends. The emblem would be nice but I'd live with just having the shaders honestly.

You literally can't die there though, so the stakes are a lot lower.

That's what you say. I want background checks on some of these people. I'm not sure epicrambo29 is qualified for firearm safety.

Flying Toaster said:
Anyone want to do nightfall or anything... I doubt there are enough people to do a raid but I am down for that.

#foreverbored.

I'm down to run nightfall if you can wait 10 mins while I get a coffee.

Not sure I'm going to be able to run CoE tonight. I think I'm gonna spend some time with Battlefield 1.

I've been planning out my Warlock build and I've decided to run Voidwalker + Nothing Manacles. My Finala's Peril also has Grenadier, so I'm going to be running with that, too. One of the bounties seems to be Shock Trooper, so I'm gonna have to use Stormcaller at some point.

I wish I would have thought to save our last final boss fight. That was the closest trials match I've ever had. I might look into getting some better steaming gear now that I have good enough internet to stream. Then it will all be recorded anyways.

Just change your twitch settings to archive all streams. Assuming you streamed it.

JJShadow

I've just realized that these last days I have collected a good amount of exotic handcannons and I'd like to give them a try since I mostly use rifles. I currently have:

- Eyasluna
- Down and Doubt 00-0
- Imago Loop
- Zaouli's bane

I know perks are what really matters here, but is there any of those specially powerful/useful?

I've just realized that these last days I have collected a good amount of exotic handcannons and I'd like to give them a try since I mostly use rifles. I currently have:

- Eyasluna
- Down and Down 00-0
- Imago Loop
- Zaouli's bane

I know perks are what really matters here, but is there any of those specially powerful/useful?

Depends on perks... I know, not a good answer.

- Eyasluna
- Down and Down 00-0
- Imago Loop
- Zaouli's bane

Eyasluna is the best one there. Imago is a close second. You just need rifled/reinforced barrel for a HC to be good. Zaoulis is garbage tier, only useful for infusion. Down and doubt is meh.

Dez_

- Eyasluna
- Down and Down 00-0
- Imago Loop
- Zaouli's bane

Eyasluna is a very popular pvp weapon. Great base stats all around. If you have perks that extend the range, keep it.

Imago Loop is really good and can have rolls that make it a great pve weapon. List the rolls when you can.

The raid hand cannon is just not good at all. You can get rid of that. Never really used Down and Doubt, so I can't really comment on that.

Arrrammis

Anybody willing to explain what Sterling Treasure are? Should I wait to open them? Just reached 30

They're basically cosmetic armor packages. They can give you armor with 3 defense, which you can infuse up to usable levels, as well as Chroma (neon lights, basically) that you can apply to that armor. Occasionally, they also give you reputation boosters for vanguard, crucible, or House of Judgement, which are pretty useful for grinding ranks. It doesn't matter what level you are when you open them AFAIK.

T.O.P

Banned
They're basically cosmetic armor packages. They can give you armor with 3 defense, which you can infuse up to usable levels, as well as Chroma (neon lights, basically) that you can apply to that armor. Occasionally, they also give you reputation boosters for vanguard, crucible, or House of Judgement, which are pretty useful for grinding ranks. It doesn't matter what level you are when you open them AFAIK.
Thanks a lot :)

Another thing, are Strange Coins still relevant? I moved the stuff from my old character to the new one and I had 50 stored lol

Remember that there was a vendor that appeared something like once a week?

Another thing, are Strange Coins still relevant? I moved the stuff from my old character to the new one and I had 50 stored lol

Still the same as before. Strange coins are used to buy stuff from Xur who appears every weekend.

NastyBook

Yes, Strange Coins are still as relevant as ever. With the new expansion dropping in September, you'll want to have more. And that's just for any potential new Exotic chance. They're also good to have to purchase Heavy Ammo synths, 3 of Coins, and Glass Needles (should you feel the need to gamble on changing certain aspects of your exotics) from Xur.

Wait! Winter's Run is a new Strike?! How did I not run into this yet? I thought I saw it already, but I just saw the one with the new Hive guy and not the Taken Archon Priest. I guess it wasn't connected to a Quest.

Now I gotta get my Exotic Arc Sword and do the two Challenges for Golgoroth and Oryx and my Year Two Triumphs are done!

Yea it's all subjective. Soulless got it done via LFG, which is really nice and not to take away from that, but it's just keeping a tally of who we've (DGAF) helped.

I haven't even gone flawless on my own account this whole weekend so it's nice to see all that we've helped, and those that were able to get it done "by other means" as well.

If someone did it with other gaffers, then that would also count. Normally, if they didn't specify who they went with, the default assumption would be through other means not from DGAFFers.

Or I guess an alternate solution would be to include them if they were done with dgaf otherwise just remove them if it wasnt dgaf.

If it doesn't bother noomi and/or shoes, then it doesn't matter. It just seemed... wrong to separate them from everyone else like that. They're community members too, we should be happy they got it regardless of how they did it. I'll leave it alone, though, it's not a big deal.

We're always happy when they're able to get it no matter how, and I've stated that it helps us since the list is so big.

It's just is a count of who DGAF has helped.

Just catching up on the OT - no worries for where I am on the list! It was some DGAFers that helped me along for my Cat Emblem. I just unfortunately don't know their GAF usernames as I don't think think they post heavily (just like me, oddly enough)

Edit: Actually BurritoBear is the same on PSN as he is on GAF. He helped me get there, but because we weren't using the same card, he still needs a trip to the Lighthouse.

vctor182

So today I created my Titan in memory of Drizz and while I'm running to reach the cosmodrome I start shooting the cars and...wait a minute... was I supposed to have a weapon??

io2sVsI.jpg

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I know this is slightly off-topic, but how do you guys make such great gifs to post here of your exploits? I have a few recordings on my ps4 that would be terrific to share but I am not sure how. Thanks!!

Dez_

So today I created my Titan in memory of Drizz and while I'm running to reach the cosmodrome I start shooting the cars and...wait a minute... was I supposed to have a weapon??
Ha ha what? How did that happen. Out of curiosity, what kind of weapon was it? It kind of looks like Red Death.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but how do you guys make such great gifs to post here of your exploits? I have a few recordings on my ps4 that would be terrific to share but I am not sure how. Thanks!!

Trim the moments from the clip and upload to youtube, then use a gifyoutube site to convert them into gif.

Try to keep the gif size reasonable though :)

Alright thanks. So I'm probably better off trying LFG then?

You should be able to find a group here but most players stopped running KF a while ago; but some are back to complete the triumphs and raise their light levels for the upcoming expansion.

Top Bottom