• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

They nerfed it at the end of Y1, so I'm glad to hear it's still good on solar burns. Was also considering dusting off my swords or sleeper for this week's heroics.

Even though it's solar burn it's also small arms.
Primary dmg is increased but secondary/heavy is reduced with small arms.
Solar burn increases dmg so will bring secondary/heavy back to normal dmg numbers.

For example
Let's say sleeper did 1k dmg.
Small arms reduces it by 50% being a heavy so 500 dmg.
Solar burn adds 100% so brings it back to the 1k dmg.

Shito

Did about 22 AF completions, and I got quite a few legendaries already from it.
Mostly (ugly) cloaks, but I got two hunter helmets, and even one sniper (which I sharded, because the roll sucked: come at me!).
I would say the drop rate is not that bad, you have to have some good luck to find people there with offerings to chain though...

Shito

By the way, just randomly thinking about it but: since we'll never get a Cabal raid in Destiny 1, where is my perk to shoot through phalanx shields Bungie?

I got this from a Sepiks box, I kind of like it, but I don't keep up with the stats and such for whats good anymore. So basically, I'm asking if this thing is good or not?

4dvnpc8.jpg

Number45

I got this from a Sepiks box, I kind of like it, but I don't keep up with the stats and such for whats good anymore. So basically, I'm asking if this thing is good or not?
The stats are identical, the only thing that can change is the element. I REALLY like it (have an arc and solar version).

Scope is apparently the same zoom (or thereabouts) as shortgaze.

Seibmoz

Yo, good run last night, our Hunter / Titan combo was doing work! Had a fun time as well (380 ghost hype). Down for another run tonight if we can get a group going, I'd be free around the same time, should go even faster now that we have the strats down.

What time were you guys thinking. Xbox player here I finished the Raid last night wouldn't mind clear the raid with GAF members!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Archon Forge is a fucking waste of time. At least Court of Oryx guaranteed you a 310 artifact at the start of year 2 and then 335 artifact towards the end.

Archon Forge keeps giving out class items. So many class items. Or very rarely drops legendary engrams which are useless after hitting 365. That combined with the hilariously low rate of drops ensures that it is one of the most pointless activities to do in year 3. took me a whole week to do the weekly bounties as well. i can run two strikes in 30 minutes to get 600 xp, why would waste away hours trying to do the weekly archon forge bounties?

I also dont understand why everything drops marks and not ghosts and artifacts. Class items have their own engrams. Artifacts and Ghosts do not. Instead of archon forge dropping marks, they should be dropping artifacts and ghosts. same goes for faction packages. Crucible has only dropped class items but even though thts just bad luck, i dont know why its even in the loot table in crucible??? i have gotten over a hundred legendary class items in the last week.

this is Bungie's way of halting progress. typical year 1 mentality. is there anyone here who isnt being held back by their ghost and artifact? i still remember the year 1 grind to get raid ready. When crucible and vaguard marks were separate and you could only earn 200 a week. you couldnt buy any items from factions until you hit rank 2 or 3 with them. i remember how the vanguard strikes gave only 25xp and how you could only run the heroic strike once a week. then they made it next to impossible to get armor drops from the normal mode raid. i remember being stuck at 29 for 3 months because no one would take me to the hard mode raid and despite 15-20 normal runs i was stuck at 29 despite running it with three characters.

Bungie has shown that they want to limit progress just for the sake of limiting progress. they think people will stop playing the gme after hitting max level. the funny thing is that i came back after the april update and had a blast playing for months despite hitting max level.

What time were you guys thinking. Xbox player here I finished the Raid last night wouldn't mind clear the raid with GAF members!

What's your GT? There's nothing arranged yet but working on getting something together for maybe around 6:30PM EST, will send you a message once it's solidified.

Bungie has shown that they want to limit progress just for the sake of limiting progress. they think people will stop playing the gme after hitting max level. the funny thing is that i came back after the april update and had a blast playing for months despite hitting max level.

Bungie's gonna Bungie. This seems like their M.O. with Destiny really. Gotta stretch it out until the next bit of Destiny. In this case... Destiny 2 next year lol.

Seibmoz

What's your GT? There's nothing arranged yet but working on getting something together for maybe around 6:30PM EST, will send you a message once it's solidified.
My GT: Dr ChadMan fell free to add me. 6:30 might be to early since I'm not off from work till 9pm est. but if you guys get stuck and need help or wanna run a second time I'm down for anything

Archon Forge is a fucking waste of time. At least Court of Oryx guaranteed you a 310 artifact at the start of year 2 and then 335 artifact towards the end.

Currently the only reason to do it is for fun (and the unique armour and weapons), not for LL increases. It's an absolute blast when it's full of people. Given the paucity of content to play through while chasing 365, and the rush to do it for the raid, it would be nice if it rewarded time spent having fun vs grinding the same strikes in a loop.

lt519

I believe it drops with the same stats for everyone except the element. I have a solar one I plan on trying out for the Heroic Strikes this week. I'm curious as to what people think about it as well. My new favorite sniper is But Not Forgotten but excited to try this one.

Archon Forge keeps giving out class items. So many class items. Or very rarely drops legendary engrams which are useless after hitting 365. That combined with the hilariously low rate of drops ensures that it is one of the most pointless activities to do in year 3. took me a whole week to do the weekly bounties as well. i can run two strikes in 30 minutes to get 600 xp, why would waste away hours trying to do the weekly archon forge bounties?

It's fun? Not everything has to be a streamlined source of light level or XP. I think limiting the offerings is a bit of a hint to the players, don't sit here and grind this like you did CoO, play other things as well and come back when you've got another offering or are passing by.

I have a question about the raid boss. Whats the deal with recharging peoples super? I read about it briefly, something to do with the squares that the floating 8 balls hover to after killing the captains?
How's the nightfall this week?
Last week's nf boss was a pain.

Pretty easy. Only thing you have to watch out for is the boss because the Berserk modifier makes it so no enemies flinch, so you won't be able to stagger him.

jdstorm

Banned
I've been pretty lucky with Forge. It could just be RNG, but it could also be a sub 350 thing.

If it's a sub 350 thing, then Smurfing in the forge might be a viable strat to get lots of rolls/engrams .

Devil's Dawn is essential! Absolutely use it, highest impact sniper around. As long as you're a decent shot because there's only 3 bullets ;-)

We started at 6:30 PM Eastern last night, and both Thing and I are available at the same time today. We'd need a couple more folks but should be able to organize it.

Mindlog

Spoilers everywhere just in case.
I have a question about the raid boss. Whats the deal with recharging peoples super? I read about it briefly, something to do with the squares that the floating 8 balls hover to after killing the captains?
When the boss teleports one of the other platforms (where the servitors enter) will light up with the aura. If an empowered player slams that aura it will restore everyone's super.

I'd like to know the correlation between which platform lights up and where the boss moves or if that's random as well.

RickD

I also dont understand why everything drops marks and not ghosts and artifacts. Class items have their own engrams. Artifacts and Ghosts do not. Instead of archon forge dropping marks, they should be dropping artifacts and ghosts. same goes for faction packages. Crucible has only dropped class items but even though thts just bad luck, i dont know why its even in the loot table in crucible??? i have gotten over a hundred legendary class items in the last week.

this is Bungie's way of halting progress. typical year 1 mentality. is there anyone here who isnt being held back by their ghost and artifact? i still remember the year 1 grind to get raid ready. When crucible and vaguard marks were separate and you could only earn 200 a week. you couldnt buy any items from factions until you hit rank 2 or 3 with them. i remember how the vanguard strikes gave only 25xp and how you could only run the heroic strike once a week. then they made it next to impossible to get armor drops from the normal mode raid. i remember being stuck at 29 for 3 months because no one would take me to the hard mode raid and despite 15-20 normal runs i was stuck at 29 despite running it with three characters.

Yeah, I agree.

We really want to run the raid, but are plugging away on 340-355 Light levels.At this point i'm fed up with gating content behind Light levels. i'm not even sure what difference Light levels Vs enemy levels has either. It's a mess. Don't mention the Ghost or the artifact.

They don't need Light Levels. It's pointless. The higher tier content is already gated behind difficulty and lack of Matchmaking. Now we have to chase RNG to get 1 more light level.
So even if you are a good player, just because you can't play as much, you are locked out of content until blessed by RNG.
I have Gear I use now that i'd be using at 385, It has all the rolls on it i want. But i'm still stuck behind this light level Brick wall .

It should just be character level. Let us chase gear based on what perks we want. It's not like the game isn't fun!

Spoilers everywhere just in case.
When the boss teleports one of the other platforms (where the servitors enter) will light up with the aura. If an empowered player slams that aura it will restore everyone's super.

I'd like to know the correlation between which platform lights up and where the boss moves or if that's random as well.

I thought that was over after a week?

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

LiK

Now do the Khovstov quest. That one is good too

I watched a complete video guide and just started it last night. The boss fight appears to be tough solo. I do not know if anyone will join me to take him out. I've been doing everything solo since everyone else is doing raids.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I watched a complete video guide and just started it last night. The boss fight appears to be tough solo. I do not know if anyone will join me to take him out. I've been doing everything solo since everyone else is doing raids.

Post here and someone will jump in for sure

Number45

Any recommendation on which to user between Compensator, Ballistics, or Choke?
I haven't done any extensive testing with the different scopes yet - they all seem to have much the same benefits (+range/impact) and drawbacks (-recoil). I did watch a TrueVanguard video the other day (where he talked about this and But Not Forgotten) and I'm pretty sure he said he preferred Field Choke without giving any real reason for it.

It's not particularly tricky solo, I found it much the same as Gjallarhorn in that respect.

Mindlog

I thought that was over after a week?

I see. Thanks for the explanation.
It's only been 4 days!
I honestly have no clue about these things. Just erred on the side of caution.
Yeah, I agree.

We really want to run the raid, but are plugging away on 340-355 Light levels.At this point i'm fed up with gating content behind Light levels. i'm not even sure what difference Light levels Vs enemy levels has either. It's a mess. Don't mention the Ghost or the artifact.

They don't need Light Levels. It's pointless. The higher tier content is already gated behind difficulty and lack of Matchmaking. Now we have to chase RNG to get 1 more light level.
So even if you are a good player, just because you can't play as much, you are locked out of content until blessed by RNG.
I have Gear I use now that i'd be using at 385, It has all the rolls on it i want. But i'm still stuck behind this light level Brick wall .

It should just be character level. Let us chase gear based on what perks we want. It's not like the game isn't fun!
I dislike the LL system as well. Really unsatisfying to go from 3 shotting to 1 shotting an enemy while using the same weapon.

Top Bottom