• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kyne

so if I understand this correctly.. my artifact LL is what's holding me back. I have a skeleton key. I should probably use it on a strike that has a chest where artifacts are dropping, right? Like, I can go in, open it, and just choose the artifact?

so if I understand this correctly.. my artifact LL is what's holding me back. I have a skeleton key. I should probably use it on a strike that has a chest where artifacts are dropping, right? Like, I can go in, open it, and just choose the artifact?

It's a random drop from the strike chests.

LiK

Seriously, how do yiu get keys? I got one from completing Sepiks the first time.

random drops from strikes

strike chests

what purpose are exotic shards even serving anymore other than being painfully annoying and bothersome?

if nothing else then, at least make shards only "break" by being infused x amount of times.

Tjamato88

Working from home and trying to figure out how I can fit in some Destiny grinding too.

I might just do patrols and get the Gjallarhorn quest done.

Yeah, this was confirmed by Bungie before launch. Sprint Lock is the best artifact(they should really just remove the cooldown all together).

Yup. I cant play without it now. The minion maker pisses me off to no end in strikes as you have to wait for your teammates minions to turn so you can clear the area and move on. SO damn frustrating.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah, this was confirmed by Bungie before launch. Sprint Lock is the best artifact(they should really just remove the cooldown all together).

Agreed, what a dumb mechanic. Some of the other artifacts are cool, but not having that sprint lock is such a godsend, oh lawd I'm never switching it off.

Yup. I cant play without it now. The minion maker pisses me off to no end in strikes as you have to wait for your teammates minions to turn so you can clear the area and move on. SO damn frustrating.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way, that thing is more harm than good :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
38 strikes
0 skeleton keys.

I don't even know why I'm still grinding for a Grasp of Malok.

This to me is so bizarre. I've done less strikes than that and I've gotten 2 keys. My friend has done even less than me and he's gotten 5. Yet I'm reading on reddit and here and it sounds like the rates for the keys are absolute dogshit. Is there a condition or is just RNG being RNG.

LiK

This to me is so bizarre. I've done less strikes than that and I've gotten 2 keys. My friend has done even less than me and he's gotten 5. Yet I'm reading on reddit and here and it sounds like the rates for the keys are absolute dogshit. Is there a condition or is just RNG being RNG.

apparently RNG.

also, anyone noticed how dogshit the Strike map rotation is? I've been getting the same 4 strikes over and over. It's awful.

tick221

38 strikes
0 skeleton keys.

I don't even know why I'm still grinding for a Grasp of Malok.

Are you running the correct strike lists, this seems crazy low. My SK drops aren't as good as others here but I got at least 4-5 throughout the week running heroic strikes

You best chance is to grind Eris reputation at the CoO - her rank up package can either be a class item or an artifact, and the chance of an artifact is pretty high.

That said someone ranked her up 5 times and got 5 class items...meanwhile I ranked her up once and get an artifact straight away.

friday

Are you guys forming fireteams to run Archons Forge or you just finding random people? I tried walking in and out repeatedly but I could not spawn into any groups running it.

Foxxsoxx

apparently RNG.

also, anyone noticed how dogshit the Strike map rotation is? I've been getting the same 4 strikes over and over. It's awful.

Mhmm, I haven't gotten the updated Phogoth strike once. Probably done about 30 strikes since Rise lauched, it's crazy.

But you can be sure to know that whether we wanted it or not, we stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars.

LiK

Mhmm, I haven't gotten the updated Phogoth strike once. Probably done about 30 strikes since Rise lauched, it's crazy.

But you can be sure to know that whether we wanted it or not, we stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars.

fuck, so sick of that strike. i just leave it now.

rezn0r

My bad

Stuck at 355, currently light 358

Just got a 360 ghost and boots from a crucible pack, just a helmet to go now.

FWIW if you spam the 320 Sepiks strike straight form the director, with no playlist, it's fast and you will get upgrades. I was at 355 yesterday and now I have 3 363s. It's mindless and not as fast as Omnigul, but I was also watching football and half paying attention, and the runs were down to like 10 minutes or less.

LiK

FWIW if you spam the 320 Sepiks strike straight form the director, with no playlist, it's fast and you will get upgrades. I was at 355 yesterday and now I have 3 363s. It's mindless and not as fast as Omnigul, but I was also watching football and half paying attention, and the runs were down to like 10 minutes or less.

is this the 320 Devil's Lair strike? that sounds good.

DjRalford

Hmmm might run a few later, or might even just run the heroic playlist as they all drop upto 365 right?
I just cracked 359, I'm saving all my exotic engrams for the post 365 grind.

Shito

Feel like I'm stagnating around 345 LL. Whats the best way to get to 350 at least(or higher, preferably)? Omnigul farming?
Marks farming to buy 350 gear and/or Archon Forge are also good ways to reach 350.
I'm 347 and had two Ruin Wake dropping for me yesterday at the forge, one 350 and one 351.
That's where I'm at now, then I'll probably start farming Sepiks Perfected a bit, saving any exotic engram I will get for 365+...

X-Frame

Best way to get a high light Ghost?

I ranked up Faction packages at least a dozen times so far and no Ghost. I've only had 2 drop so far but mine is at 362 with my Light at 366 but all other gear and weapons are 366-369 average.

Yep, that was really fun! Gradually understanding things as they unfold was incredibly gratifying. I'm hoping we'll be able to pick up where we left off sometime later in the week, because I'd still like to run this without any external help. In the meantime, I might as well keep working on raising my LL past 365.

That was a total blast, thanks to the whole crew you guys were great. We immediately worked as a team, finding out the raid on our own was an excellent experience.

The raid itself is clearly easier than kings fall and VoG but I think it hits a sweet spot between not being to obtuse and having good mechanics.

biteren

wow lol, its been a long time in Destiny that i got controller throwing mad. is it me or was there a sudden difficulty spike for the heroic strikes this week? i was having no trouble last week but now im suddently made of crackers. LL50 btw

LiK

wow lol, its been a long time in Destiny that i got controller throwing mad. is it me or was there a sudden difficulty spike for the heroic strikes this week? i was having no trouble last week but now im suddently made of crackers. LL50 btw

doesn't the current Heroic strikes have Arc burn? are you using an Arc subclass?

SgtCobra

That dialog, so good. I used to read that whole intro up in the groupchat just to irritate my friends each time it came up.

20 Strikes. 4 keys. :eek:

is the Grasp only from Omnigul strike?
Gawddamn, are you doing heroic strikes? Yep as far as I know it is.

Seriously, how do yiu get keys? I got one from completing Sepiks the first time.
It seems that you can get one from a strike boss randonly.

The majority of SIVA Fallen use solar weapons, which might be the issue. You also have the Ironclad modifier (more enemies with shield, more like less than a half a dozen more enemies have shields but still).

Top Bottom