• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zamboni exotic chest checkpoint is open for business...if anyone doesn't care for minor raid location spoilers and wants a guaranteed legendary/sublime engram + chance of exotic drop, can join me on.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

This grind is a nightmare. I played for a few hours last night and only reached 355 from 354. I keep getting 355 gear and nothing higher. I don't want to go the Omni route, but at this point, that might be my only choice.

350-354 was the worst. After I got to 355 it sped back up for me. I hit 365 in the same time I took me to go from 363 to 365.

LiK

Zamboni exotic chest checkpoint is open for business...if anyone doesn't care for minor raid location spoilers and wants a guaranteed legendary/sublime engram + chance of exotic drop, can join me on.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

soon my friend, i will join you again when i'm leveled up.

zewone

This grind is a nightmare. I played for a few hours last night and only reached 355 from 354. I keep getting 355 gear and nothing higher. I don't want to go the Omni route, but at this point, that might be my only choice.

365LL is where the grind really starts.

Draft

No matchmaking for raids is dumb, but whatever, i can see some sense in the reasoning.

None for CoE? It's running around an arena and killing a boss. I've got one friend that plays Destiny and we play it together and if we want to do CoE we need to find some random on a matchmaking site? Bleh.

I'm sure this has been hashed out a hundred times already but many parts of Destiny, a game I love but am finding increasingly irritating, are still new.

I get that it's grindy, but you guys struggling in the 350s might as well stop playing once you hit 365 and run the raid. Almost everything you do in the 350s can drops blues or legendaries that will pull you up to 365. You have it pretty good. Once you hit that platue your grind becomes doubled if not tripled as you are no longer engram farming but faction farming. It doesn't get easier. Just setting expectation.

where do i get those?

You can get a really good Palindrome from the Crucible vendor. Eyasluna is a post-match Crucible weapon. You can only get that from classic 6v6 now, apparently. It's also a mini-Hawkmoon.

Stolen Pride is also really good, but there's a fair bit of RNG when to comes down to the rolls and actually getting the gun. This one comes from Variks rank up packages.

You can also get Her Revenge from the Elder Sigil reward. This is pretty identical to the Eyasluna, too. High impact, low rate of fire.

SpecX

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I'm running Sepiks tonight. I can't wait for Iron Banner to return and it better be rewarding at higher levels too, not this current bs they have set.

Deku Tree

365LL is where the grind really starts.

Once your above 360 just start raiding IMO.

I am 3x 370+. Got there running omnigul for a few hours and spending more time than that donating to factions.

But you can easily run the raid up to the final boss at 360+ and you gain a few LL every time you do it.

A good team of 365+ can supposedly beat the final boss, although I haven't gotten to it yet.

It's only a grind if you need to level up super fast. Otherwise you can take it slower and make it not grindy just by raiding.

noomi

where do i get those?

For PvE?! Really? I thought the Hawkmoon was still pretty damn good outside of the crucible. Or Imago Loop? That's still boss, right?

Crucible vendor and crucible drop. They are decent for PvE as well though.

I don't see many handcannons in PvE these days other than the imago loop with a good roll on it.

Blues stop at 340
Purple stop at 365 ( I think)

Yep, after 365 the only way to continue going up in LL is through NF rewards, Raiding, Faction rank ups, Archon Forge, exotics, and maybe crucible rewards?

i think so altho i watched guides telling me not to decrypt purples or yellows until past 350 for higher LL gear. gonna farm some Heroic Strikes tonight.

Just do Sepiks hard mode (320 LL from the director), the boss will drops blues up to 365. Can get to 365 in no time

Number45

i think so altho i watched guides telling me not to decrypt purples or yellows until past 350 for higher LL gear. gonna farm some Heroic Strikes tonight.
The most reliable way of getting to 365, although the Sepiks Perfected 320LL strike is also currently giving blues up to 365 (you need to select it from the director rather than enter the playlist).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's only a grind if you need to level up super fast. Otherwise you can take it slower and make it not grindy just by raiding.

If I've learned anything during my 2+ years with Destiny, it's that there's nothing to be gained by rushing to reach max light level.

LiK

alright, i'll try Sepiks as well. altho i will also do Heroic Strikes to use the Skeleton key on Omnigul for that gun everyone loves.

Deku Tree

345 is already hell for me. the fuck with Cryptarch not having anything above 340.

All the drops in the raid are 365 or higher. If you can find a team to take you up to the final boss then you'll probably gain 6-10 LL in one run.

My group did that last week with a 344. Was pretty smooth run actually.

Archon Forge is a fucking waste of time. At least Court of Oryx guaranteed you a 310 artifact at the start of year 2 and then 335 artifact towards the end.

Archon Forge keeps giving out class items. So many class items. Or very rarely drops legendary engrams which are useless after hitting 365. That combined with the hilariously low rate of drops ensures that it is one of the most pointless activities to do in year 3. took me a whole week to do the weekly bounties as well. i can run two strikes in 30 minutes to get 600 xp, why would waste away hours trying to do the weekly archon forge bounties?

I also dont understand why everything drops marks and not ghosts and artifacts. Class items have their own engrams. Artifacts and Ghosts do not. Instead of archon forge dropping marks, they should be dropping artifacts and ghosts. same goes for faction packages. Crucible has only dropped class items but even though thts just bad luck, i dont know why its even in the loot table in crucible??? i have gotten over a hundred legendary class items in the last week.

this is Bungie's way of halting progress. typical year 1 mentality. is there anyone here who isnt being held back by their ghost and artifact? i still remember the year 1 grind to get raid ready. When crucible and vaguard marks were separate and you could only earn 200 a week. you couldnt buy any items from factions until you hit rank 2 or 3 with them. i remember how the vanguard strikes gave only 25xp and how you could only run the heroic strike once a week. then they made it next to impossible to get armor drops from the normal mode raid. i remember being stuck at 29 for 3 months because no one would take me to the hard mode raid and despite 15-20 normal runs i was stuck at 29 despite running it with three characters.

Bungie has shown that they want to limit progress just for the sake of limiting progress. they think people will stop playing the gme after hitting max level. the funny thing is that i came back after the april update and had a blast playing for months despite hitting max level.

Agreed. I've already given up on raid because people are asking for 365/370+ in the first fucking week itself. At least VoG normal mode was somewhat doable with a group of lvl 27 guardian, and no one refused to take a 28 with them. Good thing FH3 unlocked today so I'll be spending most of my time there.

alright, i'll try Sepiks as well. altho i will also do Heroic Strikes to use the Skeleton key on Omnigul for that gun everyone loves.

The Sepiks chest has a chance to give you the Devils Dawn sniper, which a lot of people here really like. I have 3 of them each with a different element. Also there is a really cool looking Warlock bond if you're into that.

But yeah heroic strikes are also good because you can get like 260 rep per strike with a vanguard booster and the normal strike bonus, plus chance at skeleton keys. Just be prepared for Valus and Malok and Rasputin over and over again.

Mœbius

Is it just me or is there a bug with the Daily Combined Arms not showing as complete after completion and continuing to give Legendary Marks (unless that's intended)??

(Sorry if it's been posted already.)

EDIT: Okay seems like it's intentional, my bad. I've been out of Destiny since TTK...

oSoLucky

Agreed. I've already given up on raid because people are asking for 365/370+ in the first fucking week itself. At least VoG normal mode was somewhat doable with a group of lvl 27 guardian, and no one refused to take a 28 with them. Good thing FH3 unlocked today so I'll be spending most of my time there.

People are asking for those LLs because the raid goes from 350 to 380 by the end. You're likely not going to kill the final boss with many people in the 350s unless you have a couple really high LL carrying. Up to the final boss can easily be done lower(I ran a 346 and 352 friend easily in the same group), but when you group with those, you're basically resigning yourself to having to find another group for the final boss.

The raid should have been 350 - 370 IMO since the gate is at 365.

hoggert

After all the pain and suffering of climbing the mountain in previous attempts, I got bored and attempted it again on a whim. Got up with zero falls or any serious trouble. What the fuck.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is the vendor Palindrome still top tier?

I ended up with one as a drop, but I'm unsure on the roll.
rikoNUE.png

SpecX

What you guys are talking about I solo'd the Ghally quest with sub 230 character without cheese (well Sunsinger is not considered cheese :p) after 4 months without play Destiny.

Did it in my low 340's. It was tough at first, but Black Spindle definitely helped clear out those snipers and slowly worked my way into the parts room. This is probably cheesing it, but I stayed in the room and shot everything as it came for me.

Deku Tree

Try the100 if you want to raid and are tired of silly LL demands on LFG.

Check this out

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...pop_up/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

I know solofatty who posted that, he's a good guy and it's all true.

Top Bottom