• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Spades

I've not find it grindy at all.

Heroic Playlist
Nightfall
CoE
CoO
DF
PvP
And any activity that helps raise faction rewards.

I've been spreading out play time over the above and I'm progressing steadily.

Same. I don't understand the complaints. This is probably the least grindy that Destiny has ever been.

LiK

All the drops in the raid are 365 or higher. If you can find a team to take you up to the final boss then you'll probably gain 6-10 LL in one run.

My group did that last week with a 344. Was pretty smooth run actually.

invite me to a raid next time. i'm game for a carry and learning the ropes.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys...

Which are the best guns to keep right now??? Of course I'm talking about Legendaries... because I want all Exotics.

And the best rolls for these guns.

Zakalwe

Banned
Guys...

Which are the best guns to keep right now??? Of course I'm talking about Legendaries... because I want all Exotics.

And the best rolls for these guns.

There's no Hung Jury, there's lots and lots of good-great types. be more specific and I can list the ones I've used (ie: SR, or HC, etc..).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Since I still see the struggle posts pretty frequently...

Information on Current Farms and Progression Activities

Updating right now to include some additional notes like the fact that Sepiks Perfected is the best route for solo players and tips on being successful at Omnigul, and stuff about progression via the raid itself.
Now updated as described.

The raid info is particularly relevant IMO. I strongly believe that players should be encouraged to run as much of they raid as they can on their available characters as soon as they can- even and especially if that means starting without any hope of completing it. Raid drops begin at LL 365.

People are asking for those LLs because the raid goes from 350 to 380 by the end. You're likely not going to kill the final boss with many people in the 350s unless you have a couple really high LL carrying. Up to the final boss can easily be done lower(I ran a 346 and 352 friend easily in the same group), but when you group with those, you're basically resigning yourself to having to find another group for the final boss.

The raid should have been 350 - 370 IMO since the gate is at 365.
Though I generically disapprove of the notion of difficulty being tied to being underleveled, in this particular case I will have to disagree with you, because a group of 380s will be able to make an absolute mockery of
Aksis

Spades

345 is already hell for me. the fuck with Cryptarch not having anything above 340.

Completing one public event daily (per character) will award you with legendary marks and at least one purple engram (up to 365).

There are so many ways to get to 365. Honestly, you've just got to play the game. Strikes are your friend as they'll drop smart loot blues up to 365; so is CoE if you want to mix it up.

Get one of the new artefacts and class items as they're both 350.

Even crucible end-game rewards are up to 365.

Etc, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone know if AF drops cap at 365? I'm finally 366 and want to know if it's worth doing, outside of weekly bounties for it.
I believe the unique legendary drops will go higher, but I'd love confirmation (I'll add it to the above post if I get it)

LiK

any other ways to get Sterling Chests other than waiting for it to show up weekly? I really want the Desolate Legs to complete the set.

ethomaz

Banned
There's no Hung Jury, there's lots and lots of good-great types. be more specific and I can list the ones I've used (ie: SR, or HC, etc..).
I can't say exactly what I want because after 4 months I get lost of the perks that where good for each weapon type.

But I can list what I got yesterday...

Hex Cast Arc with Outlaw + Feeding Frenzy
Matador 64 with Final Round + Performance Bonus
20/20 AMR7 with Hidden Hand + Life Support
20/20 AMR7 with Multigan + Unflinching
Stell Oracle Z-11with Tracking + Tripod

These are the guns that have the RoI symbol in my vault.

Anyone know if AF drops cap at 365? I'm finally 366 and want to know if it's worth doing, outside of weekly bounties for it.

I believe the unique legendary drops will go higher, but I'd love confirmation (I'll add it to the above post if I get it)

I am curious about this too.

AF Gear & Class items can drop above 365.

Yes, I can confirm that they do. I had the Cloak @ 367 on my alt last night.

AF caps at 365, except class items which can drop according to your light or higher.

Also, Warlocks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Completing one public event daily (per character) will award you with legendary marks and at least one purple engram (up to 365).

There are so many ways to get to 365. Honestly, you've just got to play the game. Strikes are your friend as they'll drop smart loot blues up to 365; so is CoE if you want to mix it up.

Etc, etc.
Crucible endgame legendaries can go well beyond that (I got a pretty great 368 Matador last night). The drop rates are also quite reasonable and even generous now in my opinion. Most matches see a legendary drop for at least someone on each team. Since you can also use 3oC in the Crucible, I am going to go ahead and mention it as a viable source of progression in its own right and add it to the post above.

LordofPwn

had a great time last night. got 9 legendary engrams during the raid, finally beat the full raid. of those 9, 1 turned into the Dunemarchers. Then i decided to do some patrol. back to back exotics from Taken Champions on Venus. went to plaguelands and did archon forge was able to do 3 offerings in a row. got a 372 scout from a shiro bounty, got "But Not Forgotten"during my time in the forge. went to the tower to pick up packages. nothing great from the exotics, but i did have a blue turn into an exotic. got a 370+ ghost from Dead Orbit. and when i went back to the plague lands first chest i opened had a sublime engram.

RNGesus shone brightly on me, i am forever thankful. started raid at 368, finished raid at 369, did patrol for a couple hours and now my Warlock is 371.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AF caps at 365, except class items which can drop according to your light or higher.

Also, Warlocks.
Ah so that's contradicting information. The legendary AF weapons cannot drop above 365, you're positive?
had a great time last night. got 9 legendary engrams during the raid, finally beat the full raid. of those 9, 1 turned into the Dunemarchers. Then i decided to do some patrol. back to back exotics from Taken Champions on Venus. went to plaguelands and did archon forge was able to do 3 offerings in a row. got a 372 scout from a shiro bounty, got "But Not Forgotten"during my time in the forge. went to the tower to pick up packages. nothing great from the exotics, but i did have a blue turn into an exotic. got a 370+ ghost from Dead Orbit. and when i went back to the plague lands first chest i opened had a sublime engram.

RNGesus shone brightly on me, i am forever thankful. started raid at 368, finished raid at 369, did patrol for a couple hours and now my Warlock is 371.
What did the But Not Forgotten drop at?

Ah so that's contradicting information. The legendary AF weapons cannot drop above 365, you're positive?

What did the But Not Forgotten drop at?

None of the weapons I got were above 365.

The gear, I'll admit I'm not too sure because I didn't get too many as I went above 365.

Class items for sure drop above 365.

The weapons that I got were never above 365. All engrams were capped at 365.

That's all I know.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The ornamental special effect for Hawkmoon is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

flames on proc? Bungie, you always know how to please me.

Etc, etc.

PVP is a great spot to get higher LL loot as well once you hit that 365 soft cap. Pop some 3oC for even more chances.

edit: beaten by Hawkian

Crucible endgame legendaries can go well beyond that (I got a pretty great 368 Matador last night). The drop rates are also quite reasonable and even generous now in my opinion. Most matches see a legendary drop for at least someone on each team. Since you can also use 3oC in the Crucible, I am going to go ahead and mention it as a viable source of progression in its own right and add it to the post above.

Top Bottom