• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

spyder_ur

Anyone else get 2 new quests for patrolling the Plaugelands today? Wonder if they will be doing this once a week for a bit.

I totally messed up and bought a weapon from the Dead Orbit vendor on accident. Meant to just check it out but hit the wrong button not paying attention damnit. They need a refund option lol. It's the Scout Rifle he's selling atm. Anyone know if it's any good or should I just dismantle it lol?

Also how do I get Skeliton Keys? I've done atleast 10 heroic strikes and haven't gotten 1 other than the first one you get doing the story. The drop rate is horrible for those. I get tons of Siva offerings and advanced siva offerings but no one does those missions.

You actually bought a pretty good gun for making that mistake.

As for Skeleton keys, Heroic (and other levels?) strikes drop them, but yeah the droprate seems very low.

I used to want Destiny on PC. But now that I've played PvP on both console and PC, I dont stand the chance against Great PC snipers. Plus, so many cheaters.

Please leave Destiny on console only!

I got mine from turning in a Shiro bounty yesterday. I did 12 across all my characters and I believe it dropped from the 10th.

What do you mean by turning in a bounty? You mean you just clicked it once it was finished a quest prompt popped up?

Or were you near Shiro, and when you finished the bounty, he had a quest icon over his head which started the thing?

Rehsa

I used to want Destiny on PC. But now that I've played PvP on both console and PC, I dont stand the chance against Great PC snipers. Plus, so many cheaters.

Please leave Destiny on console only!

Yeah that was my thought as well, my already low PvP K/D will drop to a donut

I don't have a strong stance on whether or not I think the game should have raid matchmaking. That being said, you are kidding yourself if you think that the inclusion of matchmaking will not have an impact on how the raid is designed, at least to some extent.

It doesn't stop WoW raids from having usually more dense mechanics than Destiny raids.

If they make it optional, a 'Click here if you want to enter matchmaking for your party/rest of party', then that should be standard tbh.

neoism

CtYkzO7WIAA_AZd
giphy.gif

X-Frame

It doesn't stop WoW raids from having usually more dense mechanics than Destiny raids.

If they make it optional, a 'Click here if you want to enter matchmaking for your party/rest of party', then that should be standard tbh.

They talked about this in the GameInformer article about the new raid. I remember reading that in contrast with PC where there can be lots of text and stuff to click or hover over on screen to see information, that is unavailable mostly to players on console. They didn't want tons of stuff on the screen for players to look at.

For those reasons I agree. I mean this new raid I am was constantly communicating to the team and requiring communication to complete encounters. Maybe those same communication requirements can be accomplished with text on PC, I have no idea.

They talked about this in the GameInformer article about the new raid. I remember reading that in contrast with PC where there can be lots of text and stuff to click or hover over on screen to see information, that is unavailable mostly to players on console. They didn't want tons of stuff on the screen for players to look at.

For those reasons I agree. I mean this new raid I am was constantly communicating to the team and requiring communication to complete encounters. Maybe those same communication requirements can be accomplished with text on PC, I have no idea.

yeah, I can see that. At the same time though, Raiding in WoW, a mic is usually required for the same reason.

Adding in the option of matchmaking...it's easier to communicate that on PC. "LF1 Defender Titan, have mic." and then getting applicants, that stuff is easier to parse on PC than on console. Not only that, but there's just the higher chance that people have a mic on PC than on console. Even if they don't, they could communicate "I know how to do this fight, tell me where you want me" while at the same time being able to hear their party even without a mic, it's just easier to communicate on PC.

And 60 fps, gib 2 me.

But, this isn't WoW, though. You can't really compare the two: what works on there won't always work on Destiny. You're also comparing a game with years of installments to a firm with only one installment so far, so I'd say to give it time.

I agree with no matchmaking, I just don't see how there would be more pros then cons. You'll have to deal with undergear'd randoms (just being the light level isn't always enough), people going in with no mics which you should know wouldn't work for certain mechanics in KF & WotM, the AFK'ers, etc...

They could implement an LFG system with apparently is in the Xbox Preview, but I mean you might as well use DestinyLFG.

In the end, there's no real one-shoe-fits-all solutions, but I believe in something that best holds integrity to this raid and to me it's at least knowing you can speak to everyone in the party, and not have to worry (at least, not too much more) about people going into raids with a different motive than others.

spyder_ur

Like I said I'm open to the idea. But Destiny isn't WoW, though I'm not that familiar with WoW raids.

Two problems I foresee - 1. that does change the dynamic of Destiny and "The Raid". 2. I have no faith Bungie is going to be able to develop 4 interesting levels of raids (and accompany loot/level progression). Nothing has given me the indication that they can so far.

Either way, your statement kind of proves mine. They could do that, and they'd be changing at least some element of how they design the raids. Whether that's good or bad or they're capable, we'll see. I'm skeptical, but I could be wrong.

How did you guys make out after I left? Did you find an alt?

We picked up Ryck, but I had to leave 45 minutes or so after. We were
on second phase of final boss.

Top Bottom