• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I didn't know Crucible gave out end-game rewards based on your LL.

Over the course of 10 matches last night I got three 380+ weapons, three Exotic engrams, and a 380 Monte Carlo (from Weekly Crucible Bounty). Also got a Crucible rank-up package over that time.

Is there a chance of a Ghost dropping as an end of match reward or is it just weapons in Crucible?

In any case for those who might not know of the LL-based end-of-match rewards in Crucible you might want to give it a go if the other options (strikes, etc) are becoming stale/too grindy.

X-Frame

CtcyuWdUsAA-tsW.jpg

Ruthless, how much longer would you estimate going for the exotic pulse rifle adds to a normal raid clear now?

Specifically just getting the initial quest to start, not the whole thing.

LiK

I gathered that's what it looks like. I really should get my Gaf name changed to something that resembles my PSN name.

Ty

oh, was that the reason? yea, get it changed!
i got some Gaffers to change to their PSN IDs in the Overwatch OT
:p

Having done a few perfected and many fused and enhanced siva AF runs, I don't think there is any difference in drops between them. The two times I've used (and completed) perfected I got zero drops, whereas I've gotten drops from (other peoples) fused and enhanced offerings a few times.

For now I just keep a perfected in the vault and toss any that drop since they are very difficult to finish without everyone being 370+

for those going in solo to AF, its way better to just jet in the front, if no one is around head into the warrens (behind the big middle orb), wait until you are in the warrens load screen, then slowly crouch walk back to AF. The "backdoor" doesn't lock and it seems to matchmake much better.

Also is the weekly crucible PVP quest supposed to give you fuck all? I got like 2 blue engrams and a mote of light out of it. I haven't played in a while but I thought it was supposed to give better rewards :( I did the main quest last week and it only gave me a 320 legendary.

Having done a few perfected and many fused and enhanced siva AF runs, I don't think there is any difference in drops between them. The two times I've used (and completed) perfected I got zero drops, whereas I've gotten drops from (other peoples) fused and enhanced offerings a few times.

For now I just keep a perfected in the vault and toss any that drop since they are very difficult to finish without everyone being 370+

for those going in solo to AF, its way better to just jet in the front, if no one is around head into the warrens (behind the big middle orb), wait until you are in the warrens load screen, then slowly crouch walk back to AF. The "backdoor" doesn't lock and it seems to matchmake much better.

I can tell you that the Perfected counts as 4 completions for the bounty. So if I had to guess, Fused counts as 1 and Enhanced counts as 2.

This is the only known difference I can spot.

Though I will say because of how many enemies will spawn during a perfected, the odds of someone getting an offereing during the fight goes way up, and thus your group can stay in there longer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Carry me? lol JK I don't need to be carried but wait for your boy?

Also, do you guys thing the Bolt-caster is the best heavy for the final boss fight in the raid? I just infused a 383 exotic into it for the fight

You have Mal and brook. They are top tier players.

Toki767

So for the Outbreak Prime quest, do the other people in your fireteam need to be doing the quest too? Or can you do it with people who haven't done it or have already completed it?

Lima

namikaze1 can you please enable the clan feature for Sir Gjallarhorn again. I feel like it is appropriate to set that up again cause the horn is back.

I didn't know Crucible gave out end-game rewards based on your LL.

Over the course of 10 matches last night I got three 380+ weapons, three Exotic engrams, and a 380 Monte Carlo (from Weekly Crucible Bounty). Also got a Crucible rank-up package over that time.

Is there a chance of a Ghost dropping as an end of match reward or is it just weapons in Crucible?

In any case for those who might not know of the LL-based end-of-match rewards in Crucible you might want to give it a go if the other options (strikes, etc) are becoming stale/too grindy.

as a 70% Crucible player, I can vouch for Crucible >>>>> Strikes for getting stuff

the only time I got ghosts was during Iron Banner

SCB3

Wow, so I played the VoG for the 1st time with LFG and no mics....

I totally see why matchmaking for Raids isn't a great idea, damn those Oracles, and I was using a mic to direct

1 Day these Raids will be completed for me....

Anyone need to do the last phase of the raid boss? I have no idea if the group I was playing with want to finish it, so I might as well ask here.
I still haven't done it and I'd really like to on PS4 in about an hour or so.
And I've never done it before either, so yeah. If that's fine let me know.

LiK

Wow, so I played the VoG for the 1st time with LFG and no mics....

I totally see why matchmaking for Raids isn't a great idea, damn those Oracles, and I was using a mic to direct

1 Day these Raids will be completed for me....

Dude, you're here.

GunnerZ

So is the raid exotic pulse rifle worth your exotic slot (would be replacing an exotic sword or using gally) in the raid?
I think so the gun has good CC and it's good for bosses. I changed my raid loadout to have the Outbreak as a permanent gun with the raid rocket launcher and a sniper.

Deku Tree

I think so the gun has good CC and it's good for bosses. I changed my raid loadout to have the Outbreak as a permanent gun with the raid rocket launcher and a sniper.

Good to know. I got two of those raid RL and infused both. Need another one, or a HMG.

Does the Outbreak do high DPS on bosses?

According to Reddit, you can beat any raid boss 3 times for the final step. This means you can do the first boss 3 times and it will still give you all the items for the final step.

Anyone on Xbox looking to run WoTM fresh at 7PM EST? Spot for one more, let me know if interested. GT: ThingontheFloor

1. ThingontheFloor
2. GoodCoffeeJoey
3. bobbyrawlins
4. Geist
5. Geist friend
6. MythicReclaimer

Edit: full for now

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times, but which of the old raids are do-able with 3 people these days (I play with 2 other friends)?

I understand not getting any decent gear - we just want to run through it and experience it. Haven't done any of them yet. Sitting at 345 light, if it matters.

GunnerZ

Good to know. I got two of those raid RL and infused both. Need another one, or a HMG.

Does the Outbreak do high DPS on bosses?
The Outbreak is the Hawksaw type of pulse rifle but it has a perk that spawn seeking siva swarms for after landing repeated hits (9 burst on 1 target).

Toki767

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times, but which of the old raids are do-able with 3 people these days (I play with 2 other friends)?

I understand not getting any decent gear - we just want to run through it and experience it. Haven't done any of them yet. Sitting at 345 light, if it matters.

Well people have solo'd Crota's End...

AEREC

Crota for sure...dunno about VoG though.

Top Bottom