• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

U2NUMB

So I was away from Destiny for a while... had 2 max characters around 230 light, nothing fancy. Bought the Rise of Iron and it seems I can not even play the story without getting my light to 280.. so as someone who has no friends who play and forgot how things "work" in the game what is the best way to get up to 280 so I can play the content I bought?

Any tips would be awesome..

Ugh I hate my schedule. Everybody here does everything the second it's available/figured out. Is anybody teaming up for the full monitors/raid/exotic quest line? I'd love to join on 380 Warlock

I'm probably going to do it Friday but, early in the day if I can get a team. But, I'm also planing a raid on Saturday with 2 others, and we will most likely do the quest then too.

So I was away from Destiny for a while... had 2 max characters around 230 light, nothing fancy. Bought the Rise of Iron and it seems I can not even play the story without getting my light to 280.. so as someone who has no friends who play and forgot how things "work" in the game what is the best way to get up to 280 so I can play the content I bought?

Any tips would be awesome..

Did you not get a level up item?

Man, after playing overwatch for 3 months and now jumping back into the crucible for bounties, I remember why I had a bad taste in my mouth from Destiny PvP for so long.

Everymatch is filled with people who have the scarab emblem and the new raid exotic. Lag is everywhere, especially with the hunter dodge roll. I litereally spawned into someone shooting at my head. Like he was shooting at my teammate, missed and hit me twice in the face before I had control of my character.

I think after I finish this weekly shaxx bounty I'm going to call off crucible for good. I might get the stamp in my book for the trials card completions, but that'll be it. I'm just not having fun with this part of the game anymore.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, wanted to ask if Destiny is worth playing if I don't have PS+. Mostly a casual shooter player and would only be interested in running through the story. Is the single player content compelling enough (with all expansions) if I can get the complete edition fairly cheap?

JJShadow

Anyone down for Archons Forge guys? Got a Perfected offering to be used as soon as we gather a group of 5-6 inside the Forge

PSN is JJShadow77

EL CUCO

Man, after playing overwatch for 3 months and now jumping back into the crucible for bounties, I remember why I had a bad taste in my mouth from Destiny PvP for so long.

Everymatch is filled with people who have the scarab emblem and the new raid exotic. Lag is everywhere, especially with the hunter dodge roll. I litereally spawned into someone shooting at my head. Like he was shooting at my teammate, missed and hit me twice in the face before I had control of my character.

I think after I finish this weekly shaxx bounty I'm going to call off crucible for good. I might get the stamp in my book for the trials card completions, but that'll be it. I'm just not having fun with this part of the game anymore.
Welcome back, Guardian lol
We won, but the pulse is not an OP pvp gun.
Can it be bought back from the Kiosk, if I use it to infuse something?

Hey guys, wanted to ask if Destiny is worth playing if I don't have PS+. Mostly a casual shooter player and would only be interested in running through the story. Is the single player content compelling enough (with all expansions) if I can get the complete edition fairly cheap?

Nope.

You'll be kept out of a very large portion of the game.

LiK

i think you'll quickly get bored with the main campaign solo.

oSoLucky

The most substantial portions(and why everyone loves the game so much) are MP. The story content is okay, not great, but even then a lot of the lore/backstory is lost if you don't do the raids/strikes/crucible and get the grimoire cards.

Try a shotgun. Wreck some fools.

Zakalwe

Banned

If you can afford it, I'd spring for a 3 month ps+ pass to see if you like the game. You really do need it to get the most out of Destiny, it would be an incredibly frustrating experience running into the ps+ wall all the time.

Try a shotgun. Wreck some fools.

It's not that I can't play:

c6jZtJF.png

It's that it just isn't fun. Losing feels terrible, and Winning doesn't feel good enough to cancel out the negativity from losing. It's the exact same reason I stopped playing smash bros.

LiK

It's not that I can't play:

It's that it just isn't fun. Losing feels terrible, and Winning doesn't feel good enough to cancel out the negativity from losing. It's the exact same reason I stopped playing smash bros.

I played some PVP for the Marks and after OW, this game feels so slow especially in PVP. I also don't know what guns to use anymore because they tweaked them to a point that they don't feel right to me now. Makes me sad.

I played some PVP for the Marks and after OW, this game feels so slow especially in PVP. I also don't know what guns to use anymore because they tweaked them to a point that they don't feel right to me now. Makes me sad.

I'm literally going full douche right now.

All I need is the stupid B-line medal, and I've dropped out of the past 4 matches because I can't get it.

Trakan

How difficult is this new quest? Seemed kind of overwhelming just by reading the steps.

It's not difficult at all. It's incredibly time consuming though. I jumped in late and it still took me 5.5 hours. Took the rest of the group 8+ hours. If you can beat the raid, nothing is really hard. You need 2 of each class and need to stick with them throughout the quest as you will always need a fireteam of a hunter, warlock, and titan. You cannot complete the quest alone.

LiK

making people use all 3 classes is so fucking great at forcing people to do teamwork and be diverse with their groups. i think that's good idea. wish it didn't take that huge amount of time.

Can someone tell me what exactly is being tested of us during the Archon's Forge?

Like, when we see the message we just kill all the SIVA nodes and that seems to spawn the axes, but I don't feel like I'm getting the full picture because sometimes there will still be nodes up and we still get the axes.

Can someone tell me what exactly is being tested of us during the Archon's Forge?

Like, when we see the message we just kill all the SIVA nodes and that seems to spawn the axes, but I don't feel like I'm getting the full picture because sometimes there will still be nodes up and we still get the axes.

You only have to kill the node that spawns in the "orb" or spawn point. At which point the orb on the opposite side will open with the axes.

DjRalford

Half way to 364, decided at 362 to decode my legendary engrams, got an artifact boost which was nice.

Still holding onto my exotic engrams until I hit 365!

It's not difficult at all. It's incredibly time consuming though. I jumped in late and it still took me 5.5 hours. Took the rest of the group 8+ hours. If you can beat the raid, nothing is really hard. You need 2 of each class and need to stick with them throughout the quest as you will always need a fireteam of a hunter, warlock, and titan. You cannot complete the quest alone.

Wow. Hopefully later on people will figure out a simpler/faster way.

Born2Live

i was thinking you liked to say Thank You after every post. But now I know the truth and I'm very disappointed in you.

I gathered that's what it looks like. I really should get my Gaf name changed to something that resembles my PSN name.

Ty

Dw, they come pretty thick and fast. I'll let you know when we're starting a proper AF group.

Sorry we couldn't make it, they're no joke, even with a group of 5 it's pretty tough.

No worries. It was a good effort hopefully another one drops for me in the not to distant future.

thabiz

What a run. WHEW

Top Bottom