• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
People talking about the grind in the 350's being bad scares me. I'm in the mid 40's and I'm seriously feeling the grind. Is there something else I should be doing besides grinding faction packages/using 3 of coins? I've done the gjallarhorn quest and have a 350 artifact. Unfortunately I'm low on legendary marks and can not buy 350 gear at the moment.

I didn't find the grind to 365 to be bad at all. Almost everything will reward you with something relevant:

320 strike
Heroic Strikes
Nightfall
Omnigal Farm

CoE
CoO
AF

ToC farming.

There really is plenty to do to negate the feeling of grinding.

jacobs34

I didn't find the grind to 365 to be bad at all. Almost everything will reward you with something relevant:

320 strike
Heroic Strikes
Nightfall
Omnigal Farm

CoE
CoO
AF

ToC farming.

There really is plenty to do to negate the feeling of grinding.

Duh. I didn't even think about doing the legacy activities. Thank you sir, this should make things much easier.

Dez_

I think they craziest thing about the new exotic pulse rifle quest is the thing STARTS at 390 LL.
Here's hoping that the LL was intended and we don't have another Black Spindle roll back moment.

Black Spindle originally dropped at 310, but was not supposed to be that high according to Bungie, so they reduced the LL down to the intended 290 for everyone.

Though with the current infusion system, I guess that won't be as much of an issue.

2real4tv

I still need to complete 2 full raid runs and a final boss kill if anyone is down in 1h15min.

2:30pm EST

1.) Bigmanny287
2.) soultron
3.) hoggert
4.)
5.)
6.)

Three more.

Here's hoping that the LL was intended and we don't have another Black Spindle roll back moment.

Black Spindle originally dropped at 310, but was not supposed to be that high according to Bungie, so they reduced the LL down to the intended 290 for everyone.

Though with the current infusion system, I guess that won't be as much of an issue.
That's why I want to get one on each character ASAP so I can infuse two of them into other guns, which they can't roll back. :p

Though it won't matter in a few weeks anyway haha

That's why I want to get one on each character ASAP so I can infuse two of them into other guns, which they can't roll back. :p

Though it won't matter in a few weeks anyway haha

Wonder what LL they come out of the kiosk at? I love the idea of this dropping at a level that matches the difficulty of the quest, but it has the potential to really unbalance IB and trials.

stn

Just got the TKK bundle for the first time. I'm thinking to run through vanilla and all of the expansions solo, then join up a GAF clan. Is there a clan playing on XBO? How long will the campaigns take?

What exotic pulse quest?

CtcyuWdUsAA-tsW.jpg

PuMa

We do need a title for OT43. Since the tribute will remain, it can be Drizz-related, or have something to do with Rise of Iron or Wrath of the Machine. Feel free to post your contenders!

Personally, I've been reallllllllllly enjoying the new raid. I kinda feel like Drizz would've liked it a lot, too. While not perfect of course, it does a lot of the things I heard him talking about liking in other raids and basically avoiding the stuff he lamented in CE and KF.

I can't wait to get in again and again, and start helping people through it- honestly it and playing with you all again has reignited my love for the game in more ways than one after becoming pretty stagnant. So I don't know if it's presumptuous but my offering is:

Destiny |OT♦43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Great title.

For anyone working on Y3 thorn quest, telesto is a fantastic void weapon to use for it, as void grenades sticky to your target, I got a ton of post mortem kills with that. It only seems to count actual kills, not assists too. I equipped my word of crota as well although its hard to get a kill with it. Still, without a death penalty like the Y1 thorn bounty its pretty easy, I'm already at 50% after an hour or so of crucible.

That reminds me, does anyone know the general effect LL differences will have on players? Will the damage you do to someone be significantly impacted if you're say 10 to 20 LL lower?

Unless they changed it in RoI light level has minimal difference in trials. The difference between a 290 and a 335 was like 5% more damage done/taken, if the light level is within 20 its closer to 1%. Same for Iron Banner. Obviously between equally skilled players the higher light person is going to have a tiny advantage, but in general the difference is minimal.

LiK

We won, but the pulse is not an OP pvp gun.

well, that's disappointing. at least it won't get nerfed to hell like with the Vex.

For anyone working on Y3 thorn quest, telesto is a fantastic void weapon to use for it, as void grenades sticky to your target, I got a ton of post mortem kills with that. It only seems to count actual kills, not assists too. I equipped my word of crota as well although its hard to get a kill with it. Still, without a death penalty like the Y1 thorn bounty its pretty easy, I'm already at 50% after an hour or so of crucible.

Death penalty was the only bad thing about that quest. It made the quest a chore and made you play differently. I'm liking this change. Heard the thorn is identical to Year 1. NMaybe I should just infuse the one in the Vault.

PuMa

How difficult is this new quest? Seemed kind of overwhelming just by reading the steps.

Yeah it seems majorly complicated. All of this stuff requiring mixed fireteam steps and multiple raid completions....ugh. I keep hearing how people think it's so much better than the Sleeper quest, but I'd that that over this any day.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
We do need a title for OT43. Since the tribute will remain, it can be Drizz-related, or have something to do with Rise of Iron or Wrath of the Machine. Feel free to post your contenders!

Personally, I've been reallllllllllly enjoying the new raid. I kinda feel like Drizz would've liked it a lot, too. While not perfect of course, it does a lot of the things I heard him talking about liking in other raids and basically avoiding the stuff he lamented in CE and KF.

I can't wait to get in again and again, and start helping people through it- honestly it and playing with you all again has reignited my love for the game in more ways than one after becoming pretty stagnant. So I don't know if it's presumptuous but my offering is:

Destiny |OT♦43| Just What the Doctor Ordered
Great title!

stn

Just got the TKK bundle for the first time. I'm thinking to run through vanilla and all of the expansions solo, then join up a GAF clan. Is there a clan playing on XBO? How long will the campaigns take?
Sorry to quote myself, this thread just moves so fast and I don't want my question to get lost in the shuffle. Again, apologies!

Ryuuga

Banned
The outbreak prime quest be like:
giphy.gif

Aint nobody got time for that. I'll just hold out until the next streamer (read: marketing arm) finds a less time consuming piece of weaponry

Dthomp

Ugh I hate my schedule. Everybody here does everything the second it's available/figured out. Is anybody teaming up for the full monitors/raid/exotic quest line? I'd love to join on 380 Warlock

vin-buc

Unless they changed it in RoI light level has minimal difference in trials. The difference between a 290 and a 335 was like 5% more damage done/taken, if the light level is within 20 its closer to 1%. Same for Iron Banner. Obviously between equally skilled players the higher light person is going to have a tiny advantage, but in general the difference is minimal.

Gonna have to run that artifact that strips your super and gives you extra nade and boost to stats. Maybe that'll help?

I'm expecting higher LL's to run around with no sprint cooldown artifact and with matadors/quasi's.

Silvard

Ugh I hate my schedule. Everybody here does everything the second it's available/figured out. Is anybody teaming up for the full monitors/raid/exotic quest line? I'd love to join on 380 Warlock

There's been a couple of runs that I haven't been able to partake in, but count me in for anything going further. PSN: SilvardCT. Only 367 but I've done the raid several times.

Top Bottom