• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Servers or Comcast pls...

Oh snap top page. Drizz took me through trials my first, and only time, playing it. Was a fun night. Sweaty but fun. Will always remember those power plays in Anamoly. Miss you bro.

darthbob

I just hit rank 25 with my first faction, like a year behind everyone else >_>

I don't think either of my alts even has a faction at 10. Spreading out my faction levels back in vanilla kinda screwed me.

Now you must grind to get that Exotic class-armor.

l2SpQcwDNbjru3Hji.gif

Nice collat victim ;)

MrDaravon

WOW the Crucible is way way way laggier than the already normal shitshow it is tonight. Been in multiple lobbies now where half the teams are redbar and people are invincible randomly.

Crucible servers/netcode continue to be the absolute worst thing about this game.

I wish I saved my wrecking ball from first round of final boss as wild_whiskey. But I went to check how long duration was of saved video settings, pressed O and it backed out completely, meh.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone willing to carry me through the NF before reset, please? I'd like to grab the rewards, but I'm only 280 light. ;_:

PSN: astropoff

Pretty please? :3

Obviously I'm assuming this isn't a huge headache, NF should be easy mode for most of you higher levels right?

AEREC

Man, RNG has been weird for me lately...last two exotic drops have been duplicates of what I aready have (Incentive and No Backup Plans), and I don't even have that many exotics.

Also the last 4 purple heavy weapon engrams Ive gotten all decrypted as Ruin Wake..the crucible Machine Gun.

darthbob

Man, RNG has been weird for me lately...last two exotic drops have been duplicates of what I aready have (Incentive and No Backup Plans), and I don't even have that many exotics.

Also the last 4 purple heavy weapon engrams Ive gotten all decrypted as Ruin Wake..the crucible Machine Gun.

That's the way she goes.

milkham

I"ve decoded so many Ruin Wakes and Deidris's retorts and that freaking orange rocket launcher

oSoLucky

Servers or Comcast pls...

Oh snap top page. Drizz took me through trials my first, and only time, playing it. Was a fun night. Sweaty but fun. Will always remember those power plays in Anamoly. Miss you bro.

Hey what time are you available tomorrow? Can try to get a group to get your HM kill and the CM done. I need the CM(last MoT) and definitely will be down to do it on Hard, especially since a lot of people think that's the easiest way to kill Oryx to begin with. I'm down to run the whole raid on Hard. If I get a group before you're on I'll try to save a checkpoint also.

Is there anyone running Trials that has room for a third? Been having terrible luck today and just can't seem to find teammates that are willing to work together. PSN is HazardousHalo.

So how is anyone supposed to increase their light level without doing raids? I must have decrypted over 200 engrams in the last 3 days and 90% of them are 270-290 items while I've been stuck around 300 for weeks.

rezn0r

So how is anyone supposed to increase their light level without doing raids? I must have decrypted over 200 engrams in the last 3 days and 90% of them are 270-290 items while I've been stuck around 300 for weeks.

Rank up factions/cryptarch (will get you to 330) & Challenge of Elders (will get you to 335). And Iron Banner when it is going is a great way for up to 335.

Hey what time are you available tomorrow? Can try to get a group to get your HM kill and the CM done. I need the CM(last MoT) and definitely will be down to do it on Hard, especially since a lot of people think that's the easiest way to kill Oryx to begin with. I'm down to run the whole raid on Hard. If I get a group before you're on I'll try to save a checkpoint also.
The whole morning I'm available. Gotta be to work at 3pm so the earlier the better.

Deku Tree

Yeah decrypting engrams stops at LL 300. By ranking up factions you can get stuff that is up to LL 330. Playing IB can also get you up to LL 335. Basically do everything. It's not just raids.

Dez_

Rank up with vanguard, factions and crucible will give guaranteed items that are higher level than your max LL. It will be slow but steady, but don't expect regular engrams to drop anything higher. You might get a few at +300 light, but the rest will need to be acquired through packages if you're not able to raid, do NF and Coe. Forgot to mention, exotic engrams decrypt at higher LL too.

Mindlog

When TK released I reached ~334 on all of my characters without a raid. However, most of my initial progress was because of the exotic engram hoarding I had been doing. Slowly creeping up one item at a time and using my highest LL character to power my other characters. Challenge of Elders, Nightfalls, Crucible Weeklies, Faction Packages and Iron Banner are enough to get you where you want.

SRL also helped me a lot. Happy to see that's only a once a year mode...

After having been away from the game even though it is much more forgiving now than it was I strongly dislike the LL system. The system largely seems like a backstop reward and obviously another grind. All of the mostly middling to terrible King's Fall weapons were made more acceptable because they served as infusion fodder.

Yay, 335 Hung Jury.
Exactly the same as my 280 Hung Jury...

(ellipses)

Any pros up for some community service? I'd really like to get to the lighthouse in year two. It would most likely take an expert, and an equally good friend of said expert.

Zen Mu

Cat Emblem #32 and #33 hype for RockMu (myself) and androo2300 (xplicit)!!

Both were mergins too!

You guys are gods! Thank you so much!

I'm only decent at PVP, so not a ton I can do to pay it forward there, but will def pay it forward helping out with PVE stuff for peeps.

Top Bottom