• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

NM rewards drop on HM as well, so you get to double dip.

If all you need is the fragment from the T3 boss try going into the Hall of Souls/Court bubble slowly and it should matchmake you with others in that area. I usually just walk through the loading zones instead of sprinting and this seems to help.

Good luck!
I've killed the Tier 3 boss twice now doing that. I don't think you get the Calcified Fragment if you don't use the Antiquated Rune yourself. Am I mistaken? Should I check the website and find out I'm fretting for nothing?

darthbob

I've killed the Tier 3 boss twice now doing that. I don't think you get the Calcified Fragment if you don't use the Antiquated Rune yourself. Am I mistaken? Should I check the website and find out I'm fretting for nothing?

As mentioned above, yeah I was incorrect. :/

Acquiring the rune should be possible if you're willing to grind CoO for a while, and you'll get Eris rep too.

Yo Rich, I just got through this hell. And yes, you need to use the rune to get the fragment.

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
So I don't suppose one of you kindly folk have a Golgoroth checkpoint to share with a neighbor? I wanna help my cousin get the fragment but I doubt anyone I normally play with would wanna go through Totems and Warpriest to get there. Thanks Dgaf :)

So I don't suppose one of you kindly folk have a Golgoroth checkpoint to share with a neighbor? I wanna help my cousin get the fragment but I doubt anyone I normally play with would wanna go through Totems and Warpriest to get there. Thanks Dgaf :)

We'll be doing it at 3 if you wanna help and have the checkpoint on ps4 :)

blamite

So is the 2.4 update on Thursday expected to be the main RoI update with all the UI changes and stuff, or more of a smaller, pre-HoW wolf patrol type deal? Wondering where I should set my hype levels at for this week.

darthbob

So is the 2.4 update on Thursday expected to be the main RoI update with all the UI changes and stuff, or more of a smaller, pre-HoW wolf patrol type deal? Wondering where I should set my hype levels at for this week.

I'm guessing the bulk of the update will contain the new assets and content, might bring about some world changes but that seems unlikely given how Bungie's mentioned that the Taken world events are still going to be occurring.

Keeping my own hype in check.

How many slots do you have open? Because that sounds great :)

Okay so confirmed for 3pm EST KF Raid Golgoroth CM the list looks to be:
1. Myself (Japanmanx3)
2. Ninja Kn1gh
3. deafmedal1 (Has checkpoint)
4. Trakan
5. SuperSonic1305

So we have one slot open.

For those ready feel free to join up on either myself or deaf since he'll have the CP.

raindoc

I really need to complete the KF raid in order to progress in some quests. Wasn't lucky with GAF or LFG this week, but tomorrow's reset day, so:

Please, please, please, pretty please: keep me in mind in case you're trying to set up a raid group at some time that's manageable for a working man in central europe.

The patch we download will contain all the assets for RoI. I wouldn't expect many of the changes to happen until the following reset and we will likely get the new Splicers invading parts of the cosmodrone (taken / wolves / sword bearer style). Then the the rest of the content will go live on 20th.

Edit - Raindoc, check out the raid list above your post. Does that timing fit in with you?

Japanmanx - Raindoc may be interested in that 6th spot

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
Okay so confirmed for 3pm EST KF Raid Golgoroth CM the list looks to be:
1. Myself (Japanmanx3)
2. Ninja Kn1gh
3. deafmedal1 (Has checkpoint)
4. Trakan
5. SuperSonic1305

So we have one slot open.

For those ready feel free to join up on either myself or deaf since he'll have the CP.

Yeah I can help you out if you don't mind me loading up the checkpoint on an alt so I can take my cousin through later. Psn is ProfessorBonkle. Thanks!

MrDaravon

Got the Imprecation headshots done! Gonna grind a bit on some of the BS crucible quests on my alt characters (main crucible questline, the subclass quests etc) but will be down for CoE or Aetheon later if anyone's down for that.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh my, the Exotic Sword grind took me back: chest running on the moon, it's like I never left!

Now I have all mats I just need to complete 50% more ability kills. After that, I have to wait till Wed for Armsday? Is that right?

Also, first time KF raider looking for a group tonight. Ps4. UK. Let me know if anyone's willing to run with a relative newbie!

PSN: astropoff

Oh my, the Exotic Sword grind took me back: chest running on the moon, it's like I never left!

Now I have all mats I just need to complete 50% more ability kills. After that, I have to wait till Wed for Armsday? Is that right?

Yeah, just make sure you have those kills done before reset on Wednesday or you'll have another full week to wait.

WizzNARD

Anyone on Xbox looking to do KF Golgoroth challenge at some point today? Won't be home for a bit but pretty much anytime after 6 EST and I'm down. My GT is same as GAF name, WizzNARD. Haven't done the challenge but have beaten the raid plenty of times.

Also into doing CoE, or if by some chance someone want to do VoG(still gotta get that damn eye!) or whatever, just let me know. Thanks!

SpecX

At the old Hive door now. Going full retro. Won't be a problem.

Thanks.
I found Siege of the Warmind to be better. Kill everything but the knight and jump off the ledge, repeat. Were woken the hive requires you to get killed unless you run back towards the ledge and I think it has less enemies

At the old Hive door now. Going full retro. Won't be a problem.

Thanks.

We've woken the hive door? There is a better quick kill grind. It's from the dark below missions. I think it is called Siege of the Warmind. Head down there and kill all the thralls and knights. Just don't kill the final yellow bar knight. Jump off the edge and repeat.

Zakalwe

Banned
I found Siege of the Warmind to be better. Kill everything but the knight and jump off the ledge, repeat. Were woken the hive requires you to get killed unless you run back towards the ledge and I think it has less enemies

We've woken the hive door? There is a better quick kill grind. It's from the dark below missions. I think it is called Siege of the Warmind. Head down there and kill all the thralls and knights. Just don't kill the final yellow bar knight. Jump off the edge and repeat.

I'm here now. :p

Using Simmering Flames + Melting Point + Grenades + The Armamentarium - and it's going very quickly.

shermas

Oh God, finding a decent group of people for raiding in LFG is such a nightmare, and I don't mean decent in terms of being experienced at the game but rather people who aren't complete jerks by just making fun of others or making bad taste jokes. Just had this fireteam leader who kicked out someone who just joined because "he seemed to be a black guy based on his PSN ID". Repulsive

Fortunately I found a semi-decent group of people later on and got Oryx done pretty fast, but this has showed me that is not a good idea to LFG with randoms

I've done 30+ KF raids and each time it's been LFG. Or the companion app (which is basically the same thing). It's not always great, but it's not always a racist shitshow, either.

You can kill the knight.

raindoc

Anyone down for some CoO? Got some runes and need some T2 calcified fragments

PSN is JJShadow77

I need those too, but today I won't be able to go online. If you're online tomorrow round this time (maybe an hour or two earlier) I'd be glad to help you. Got a couple of T1 runes, one activated T2 and another T2 that needs some more love.

Deku Tree

Back during the Titan balancing they updated Catapult to try to make a viable option other than Focused Control. I wonder if they'll ever do the same for the Warlock's jump options. Focused burst is the only decent option and that really isn't saying much.

I've been using balanced glide like a pro since TTK launched. Much better than focused burst in PvE IMHO. I never fall at the ships, I love when I get picked at Daughters, and Warlock is my favorite class to use running relic at Oryx too. All with balanced glide.

Yeah, I've done a couple of stolen runes but none dropped. I'm dry on reciprocals also, and I'm only Tier 3 on Eris, so I can't buy either. I've been farming chests in Hull Breach to get Reciprocal Runes.

I'm LL 309 so I can run the Raid, even the Hard one. Should I run it once on Normal and then on Hard to have more chances to roll runes?

Keep farming ultra knight I believd he drops them and or wait for the cabal and hive to go nuts on each other in starting area along with calling for hive search team and cabal champions and they'll drop. If not saving your three of coins ultra knight usually has a good drop rate on exotics to. Kill him go to orbit pop another one right before heading back into room he is in and repeat. Usually can get 5 or so exotics an hour that way with chance of rune dropping.

Could also save engrams for cryptarch rep in RoI to if not planning on saving coins. I haven't seen anything from bungie regarding the 3 of coins but wouldn't suprise me if they didn't work to get year 3 exotics at least at the start of the expansion. Seems it may br to easy to get em then because I'm sure others are like me and have like 100 or more of em stocked.

If you're on X1 I'm getting on in awhile to mess around. I have a bunch of stolen and antiquated runes I could use to maybe help you get some to drop as well just let me know.

JJShadow

I need those too, but today I won't be able to go online. If you're online tomorrow round this time (maybe an hour or two earlier) I'd be glad to help you. Got a couple of T1 runes, one activated T2 and another T2 that needs some more love.

That'd be perfect! I got like 15 T1 runes and and one T3 which needs one more Lieutenant kill, so with a bit of luck we can get some good stuff as well. I'll be online tomorrow around 6-7pm UK time, I'll throw you an invite once you're in

shermas

Keep farming ultra knight I believd he drops them and or wait for the cabal and hive to go nuts on each other in starting area along with calling for hive search team and cabal champions and they'll drop. If not saving your three of coins ultra knight usually has a good drop rate on exotics to. Kill him go to orbit pop another one right before heading back into room he is in and repeat. Usually can get 5 or so exotics an hour that way with chance of rune dropping.

Could also save engrams for cryptarch rep in RoI to if not planning on saving coins. I haven't seen anything from bungie regarding the 3 of coins but wouldn't suprise me if they didn't work to get year 3 exotics at least at the start of the expansion. Seems it may br to easy to get em then because I'm sure others are like me and have like 100 or more of em stocked.

If you're on X1 I'm getting on in awhile to mess around. I have a bunch of stolen and antiquated runes I could use to maybe help you get some to drop as well just let me know.

Bungie said (I think I saw it on Reddit) that 3oC are going to work the same way in ROI... I have about 100, as well, and you're right... It'll be easy to get a lot of ROI exotics if the new ones drop the same way, unless they nerf them.

Bungie said (I think I saw it on Reddit) that 3oC are going to work the same way in ROI... I have about 100, as well, and you're right... It'll be easy to get a lot of ROI exotics if the new ones drop the same way, unless they nerf them.
That's cool I wasn't saving em for anything other than shards then. Kind of sucks in a way to I guess though. Just hope it doesn't make getting all the new exotics to easy. Hopefully they'll have a few like spindle and sleeper as long as it doesn't involve the mats collecting the swords did. It wasn't even the time that bothered me it was how boring it was collecting them. Cutting the time down by finding a spot where multiple mats spawned close to an area change then running back and forth didn't take but an hour but was incredibly boring.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train later.

fgfg993cc.gif

I have around 20 exotics not yet decrypted because I want to see if they'll convert to new ones. Might get a couple more this week.

After I finish Deus Ex.

Top Bottom