• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Simbo

Neo Member
Well I can't seem to get Superblack.

I went to see The Speaker, got my raisins and took them to zavala, traded them for the sweet candy, went to rahool and swapped with him, visited Amanda, traded with Cayde and then went back to Eva. That's where the trading ended and there's nothing to swap with her.

Am I missing a step? Do I have to get the 150 kills in crucible first?

Trakan

I went to see The Speaker, got my raisins and took them to zavala, traded them for the sweet candy, went to rahool and swapped with him, visited Amanda, traded with Cayde and then went back to Eva. That's where the trading ended and there's nothing to swap with her.

Go to Eris after Cayde.

Toki767

Is it in your postmaster?

Silvard

Oh, when I first saw your post I think it mentioned only one friend. Well, thanks for the spot, then! Finding more people should indeed be pretty easy on reset day. Have fun!

Yeah, initially it was only me, but then a friend wanted in, and then another friend...they rely on me to find them groups and I rely on DGAF.

Dalek

Is there something up with Crucible today? I'm just seeing worse than normal performance...I hit a guy 3 times in the head with a shotgun and he just keeps going.

vin-buc

Finally have unlocked the outbreak prime quest on my warlock. Do all three team members need to have the quest active for every stage of the quest? Can I complete the first step (Nightfall strike,3 Public Events in the Plaguelands, 3 Crucible matches or Heroic strikes, 50 kills with a pulse rifle) with any titan and hunter? I know the other two need the quest active when I am entering the codes for the siva engine.

Nope - they only need to have (or have had) the engine quests

Mindlog

So uh, we MTs now?
A boring answer :) but it could be pretty hard - you'd have to:-

1. Design the UI and check it works in multiple languages and screen resolutions
2. Create a Max Light and Current Light value in the code
3. Find every reference to light level in every piece of code - a lot of the code probably untouched for 2-3 years.
4. Work out which light level should be used in each instance, and update the code base
5. Do a lot of testing and bug fixing on this
6. Create the new code to monitor current light and update max light whenever current light changes and becomes larger than max light
7. update the documentation and references to reflect the new code
8. a long the way have lots of update meetings, cross-area meetings etc to make sure everyone knows what they need to know

The game already has lots of quirks where perks from one gun or armour can reset the perks from another. I suspect the "damage logic" that works out how much damage is done to a specific enemy, by a specific gun, under a specific set of perks, for a specific light level is overly-convoluted and not amenable to change.
DIM already has a max light feature. Just borrow that value :]

Eilt

Neo Member
Good day,

Looking to fill 3 spots in a HM raid tonight at 9EST. Looking for 390+ that will be available at that time. Let me know if interested!

Here are some hidden quest :-
Go to the room below jolly holiday ,near the place where xur spawns ,looks for a broom up on boxes .this will be new sparrow.

Take or buy ur ascended raisins to zawala to start a quest.

Avari

Finally have unlocked the outbreak prime quest on my warlock. Do all three team members need to have the quest active for every stage of the quest? Can I complete the first step (Nightfall strike,3 Public Events in the Plaguelands, 3 Crucible matches or Heroic strikes, 50 kills with a pulse rifle) with any titan and hunter? I know the other two need the quest active when I am entering the codes for the siva engine.

Nope - they only need to have (or have had) the engine quests

Thanks! So I can do the missions with people who have already completed the quest, and then have them help me with the code parts by having them pick up the replacement siva engine from Shiro?

hydruxo

Spent $5 on two boxes and got a SIVA mask and a Ghost mask + 3 consumables. I wanted that Ghost Ghost but I can just tell it's not going to happen so I'm not going to spend anymore.

Kyne

so the only thing that's actually viable in the entire update I'll need to spend $$$ on and pray to the RNG gods? (infusable ghost)

Ghost Ghost's sheet doesn't show up when you summon him in third person, it's just a plain ghost shell :/

What is the point?

I was just in Patrol during my lunch break and the sheet was on my ghost. I’m not home to take a pic now but very certain because he was talking underneath it and it looked cool. Maybe just a bug but it’s intended to be there.

Edit: oh, misread 3rd as 1st person. that's a bummer!

vin-buc

Thanks! So I can do the missions with people who have already completed the quest, and then have them help me with the code parts by having them pick up the replacement siva engine from Shiro?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You can do the missions (NF, AF, etc.) with a group of each class even if they don't have the quest. Only when it's time to input the engine codes - the group has to have the Siva engines.

I just got the Outbreak Prime on Sunday. You're gonna love it. And use LFG - you'll get a group very quick (if you can't get gaffers).

I can't even initiate the trade with Zavala. Anyone know if you need the Rise of Iron expansion to do this?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got 400 gloves and artifact, candlelight shader and thorn all in one shot.

sUNZUZC.png

Oof, had some silver in my account still, so I bought 4 festival boxes, nothing but lame consumables. On the last one I at least got the sparrow. Ghost Ghost is what I really want, but I should probably just settle for the sparrow and save my money. I was one of the lucky ones who got the flaming skull on my first box last year, so I can't complain to much.

Is the quest line where you do the specific things to get the speaker mask just the same as last year? I probably have all those masks.

God I hope the whole CSGOLotto fiasco calls out video games that allow gambling for items with microtransaction and RNG.

Terrible practice. Activision has no shame.

Top Bottom