• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lnkn52

images

maxiell

Starting up a hard raid, 4 spots. In this easy and clean run we will be killing Aksis, Vosik and possibly some fallen.

1. arya41
2. arya41's friend
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

shoot me a psn message or fr if you want in

Starting up a hard raid, 4 spots. In this easy and clean run we will be killing Aksis, Vosik and possibly some fallen.

1. arya41
2. arya41's friend
3. captscience
4. Strangelove77?
5. ?
6. ?

shoot me a psn message or fr if you want in

I'm down. Looks like Strangelove above is looking as well.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Came so close to hitting 400 last night. Got a 400 class item from archon forge after a week of grinding it. Then trials dropped a 400 helmet and a leg engram turned into 400 boots.

All i was missing was a chest piece and the last trials game dropped my second exotic chest engram since i hit 390 on Tuesday.

It decrypted as a 399 chest.
I spent four weeks stuck at 334 last summer and three months stuck at level 29 in year 1.

I know its only been a week, but unlike helmets and gauntlets that can drop from strike chests, there is no guaranteed way of getting high level chests. Three hard mode runs didn't drop a single chest last week either.

I am mentally prepared for Forever 399.

They can easily cover it by adding your LL max so the game know what you are at all times

How hard can it be to be go 399 (399)
If I put on the FoL Mask for quest or whatever 359 (399)

A boring answer :) but it could be pretty hard - you'd have to:-

1. Design the UI and check it works in multiple languages and screen resolutions
2. Create a Max Light and Current Light value in the code
3. Find every reference to light level in every piece of code - a lot of the code probably untouched for 2-3 years.
4. Work out which light level should be used in each instance, and update the code base
5. Do a lot of testing and bug fixing on this
6. Create the new code to monitor current light and update max light whenever current light changes and becomes larger than max light
7. update the documentation and references to reflect the new code
8. a long the way have lots of update meetings, cross-area meetings etc to make sure everyone knows what they need to know

The game already has lots of quirks where perks from one gun or armour can reset the perks from another. I suspect the "damage logic" that works out how much damage is done to a specific enemy, by a specific gun, under a specific set of perks, for a specific light level is overly-convoluted and not amenable to change.

Kyne

is all of the gear/masks/etc from the even purely aesthetic? And does it infuse to a higher LL so you can actually wear it?

Ruze789

4 shaders

Superblack: reward from raisin quest (guaranteed reward)
Candle light (pink): from Strike Chest drop (possible drop, RNG)
Unquiet (green): from Crucible drop (possible drop, RNG)
Sea of Tears: from Candy Bag drop (possible drop, RNG)

4 shaders

Superblack: reward from raisin quest
Candle light (pink): from Strike Chest drop
Unquiet (green): from Crucible drop
Sea of Tears: from Candy Bag drop

So Superblack you just follow the quest...

Candle light... is this a guaranteed or possible drop in every strike chest now?

Unqiet is a possible PvP drop..

Sea of Tears is possible, not guaranteed, right?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
FINALLY BEAT HEROIC WOTM! I don't care if I never beat Aksis phase 2 again!

Haha congrats! I know the feeling. I bet it once and will probably never run that raid ever again. There's no point.

Anyway, I want a broom sparrow and I want to be able to use it forever. Gimme bungie plz.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Haha congrats! I know the feeling. I bet it once and will probably never run that raid ever again. There's no point.

Anyway, I want a broom sparrow and I want to be able to use it forever. Gimme bungie plz.

It's challenging, its fun, rewarding and exhilarating. I can understand the frustration if you get stuck for an hour or two, but after doing it three times this week in just 2-3 tries each, i can say that it's not a hard fight at all.

you can finish him off in two phases with three dark drinkers. if you mess up one of the jumps that's ok, you have four pillars which give you a total of 5 damage phases. even if your team takes three phases to bring his health down to 5% you have enough room for at least two fuck ups.

it's also pretty much impossible to die here since you are just fighting shanks and ganging up on a single captain. but even if you do, you can easily have two people throw the bombs.

i guess it stil depends on having a good team, but its one of the easiest encounters in the raid.

Wait, how do you get superblack? Please tell me I dont need the raisins from last year that I just discarded...

edit: well I shouldnt have discarded them but I see I'm not screwed.

JJShadow

Anyone down for a (hopefully) quick HM WotM run? We would be starting at 18:30 BST (roughly 1.5 hours from now)

1. JJShadow77

JJShadow

I'm in. PSN is Vincentgrey
I also got a friend who will want to do it.

I'm up for it, 399 hunter.

PSN: Talos_AI

Count me and a friend in!

SilvardCT

You're all in guys

In!

Edit: oh noes...

Sorry buddy! I'll put you in the reserve list in case someone drops

WotM HM PS4
1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1
4. Talos_AI
5. SilvardCT
6. SilvardCT +1

Reserve: Ambitious,Zakalwe

See you all in 1h and 20min!

Ambitious

You're all in guys

Sorry buddy! I'll put you in the reserve list in case someone drops

WotM HM PS4
1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1
4. Talos_AI
5. SilvardCT
6. Ambitious

Reserve: Zakalwe

See you all in 1h and 20min!

No, you missed Silvard's friend

Silvard

Oh that's true, didn't notice the ninja edit :p Silvard, I'm afraid we only have space for you and one of your friends, is that ok?

It's alright, my friends kept popping up as soon as I expressed my interest in going on the raid...

I'll just start a separate run around that time, luckily it seems there's quite a few people that also want to go. Thanks though!

LiK

I dismantled it after the kiosk came out and I can't access it again. I got it out the 1 free package from last year and never cared for it anyway, but that's pretty lame.

uh wut, you can't access it again at the Kiosk? I dismantled it too...

JJShadow

It's alright, my friends kept popping up as soon as I expressed my interest in going on the raid...

I'll just start a separate run around that time, luckily it seems there's quite a few people that also want to go. Thanks though!

No worries, good luck with that run! So then Ambitious and Zakalwe, you're both in

WotM HM PS4 - 18:30 BST
1. JJShadow77
2. Strangelove77
3. Strangelove77 +1
4. Talos_AI
5. Ambitious
6. Zakalwe

Ambitious

Oh, when I first saw your post I think it mentioned only one friend. Well, thanks for the spot, then! Finding more people should indeed be pretty easy on reset day. Have fun!

Avari

Finally have unlocked the outbreak prime quest on my warlock. Do all three team members need to have the quest active for every stage of the quest? Can I complete the first step (Nightfall strike,3 Public Events in the Plaguelands, 3 Crucible matches or Heroic strikes, 50 kills with a pulse rifle) with any titan and hunter? I know the other two need the quest active when I am entering the codes for the siva engine.

Top Bottom