• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

God I hope the whole CSGOLotto fiasco calls out video games that allow gambling for items with microtransaction and RNG.

Terrible practice. Activision has no shame.

Its scummy but shouldn't we, the audience, be smart and responsible enough not to waste our money on stupid shit like that?

I find it incredibly easy not to waste my money on MTs.

We just had a thread about this in gaming. There won't be much done about it. Enjoy!

No, she's just at the last step of the Thorn 'quest' bounty

Mind linking the thread? And I think there could be something done since the ruling on video game gambling is still up in the air.

Legislation that would stop "Online video game gambling targeting minors" would go far. If some politicians cared enough I would expect this to happen within the next few years.

Its scummy but shouldn't we, the audience, be smart and responsible enough not to waste our money on stupid shit like that?

I find it incredibly easy not to waste my money on MTs.

If you were to classify RNG micro-transaction as gambling then it is predatory because this game is aimed at minors. Now if this was CoD then I don't have a good argument since it is rated M. Paying real money for a chance at an item can easily be argued as a predatory tactic when aimed at children.

Zocano

Mind linking the thread? And I think there could be something done since the ruling on video game gambling is still up in the air.

Legislation that would stop "Online video game gambling targeting minors" would go far. If some politicians cared enough I would expect this to happen within the next few years.

Here you go

If you were to classify RNG micro-transaction as gambling then it is predatory because this game is aimed at minors. Now if this was CoD then I don't have a good argument since it is rated M. Paying real money for a chance at an item can easily be argued as a predatory tactic when aimed at children.

That is a fair point. I forgot about the younger audience.

Deku Tree

200_s.gif

Avari

Anyone can join the non-code entry stages, they don't need to have ever done the quest.

Otherwise yeh.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You can do the missions (NF, AF, etc.) with a group of each class even if they don't have the quest. Only when it's time to input the engine codes - the group has to have the Siva engines.

I just got the Outbreak Prime on Sunday. You're gonna love it. And use LFG - you'll get a group very quick (if you can't get gaffers).

Excellent- thanks! My group has a bad split of class types so I needed to determine the easiest way to ensure everyone gets the gun.

Three of our group have already completed the quest to the point where they have to go back to the raid. Can I have the titan and hunter from that group do the code parts with me? (I want to make sure I wouldn't somehow screw their quest up)

desgrafx

Neo Member
Is anyone looking to run a WoTM NM raid this week with monitors? Myself and a friend are looking to get the quest for the OP. I have ran the raid, but have not done the monitors.

ch4fx_

Do we know anything about the "Midnight Hunt" Trials emblem? I know it's a FotL thing, but will it be a flawless reward? A scarab type drop? Or an end game drop?

KodaRuss

Trying to decide if I should stay up late tonight and attempt a normal raid. I am 382 LL now (Yes, I know I am slow), how long does the raid normally take?

I have watched a video or two so I am not completely going in blind.

Zocano

Trying to decide if I should stay up late tonight and attempt a normal raid. I am 382 LL now (Yes, I know I am slow), how long does the raid normally take?

In a group entirely of newbies? At least 2-3 hours.

Getting carried? Like 30 min.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

1 hour if everyone is 380+. maybe 1 hour and 15 minutes if you do the monitors and have someone explain the encounter to the newbie.

ch4fx_

Is anyone looking to run a WoTM NM raid this week with monitors? Myself and a friend are looking to get the quest for the OP. I have ran the raid, but have not done the monitors.

I can help with this, grafx. I have some friends that can join as well, so getting a full fire team together shouldn't be a problem.

Are you looking for any particular night?

desgrafx

Neo Member
I can help with this, grafx. I have some friends that can join as well, so getting a full fire team together shouldn't be a problem.

Any night this week is good actually. Just let me know when and we will be there.

Mindlog

If minors are allowed to RNG real money for loot I should be allowed to play Poker tbh.

Another NIghtfall. Another Emote.
I have 3 400 Dread Explorer ghosts now. Don't need anymore of those. Remove ghosts from the Nightfall loot table please.

Dez_

Any night this week is good actually. Just let me know when and we will be there.
Hey guys! If you need any extra people, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I can probably bring my buddy along too if he's available.

vin-buc

Excellent- thanks! My group has a bad split of class types so I needed to determine the easiest way to ensure everyone gets the gun.

Three of our group have already completed the quest to the point where they have to go back to the raid. Can I have the titan and hunter from that group do the code parts with me? (I want to make sure I wouldn't somehow screw their quest up)

It just has to be any hunter/warlock/titan - not necessarily someone you did any of the steps with. I did pretty much everything with complete randoms.

When I put the final codes for the unstable siva engine (step 9?) - i did it with someone who was helping his friend out (he already had it).

Top Bottom