• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Wow, I just spent more money buying boxes than Rise of Iron cost, all I got was a single skin for bad juju and a ton of worthless fucking paper masks. I didn't even notice until I bought the boxes that nothing is guaranteed in them.

This has been a pretty big kick in the ass, and while I generally have no problem supporting bungie (and have bought quite a few in game boxes and emotes), I don't think I'll be buying anything else from them again.

It would be one thing if any of those masks could be infused, but they are just fucking worthless.

PuMa

Wow, I just spent more money buying boxes than Rise of Iron cost, all I got was a single skin for bad juju and a ton of worthless fucking paper masks. I didn't even notice until I bought the boxes that nothing is guaranteed in them.

This has been a pretty big kick in the ass, and while I generally have no problem supporting bungie (and have bought quite a few in game boxes and emotes), I don't think I'll be buying anything else from them again.

It would be one thing if any of those masks could be infused, but they are just fucking worthless.
It's an optional cosmetic purchase in a fun seasonal event. Chiiiiill.

Got all Festival shaders first try. Kinda hilarious.
Got everyone aside from the pink strike on in about 45 mins lol. First crucible match dropped the green one too. Now to run some strikes tomorrow. Then I just need the sparrow and ghost ghost and I'm done.

FyreWulff

Fuck gambling MTs. I really wish they'd just sell cosmetics directly. I can't wait until the games industry gets regulated on that shit.

PuMa

The RNG does kind of hurt though when all you want is the ghost. Especially if it's just a cosmetic purchase.
True but it is what it is. It's like buying a pack of trading cards or a scratch off lotto ticket. You know what you're getting into.

Exactly. The items have no ingame worth and can't be traded for anything.

Also every previous event and specialty box sold had items that were guaranteed and then "extra" you could get. This one has 2 columns of "possibles".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bungie made it clear what it is. And you know from last year. It's just a little distraction for the Destiny population. Take it for what it is. I didn't buy anything because of the fact I can't really wear it all the time. When Chroma first came out I spent a lot to get the ones I want and still use to this day.

We need a sixth for hard raid. Anyone? Need to be at least 390 and have done it before.

Mindlog

Siva engine solver for the last step of the Outbreak Prime quest.

Warlock is now 4 points away from 400. Boots need 3 and Artifact needs 1.

The official top secret metric for judging raid encounters.
As people die the encounters get better.
:]

Golgy was the only TTK encounter that really excelled in this category.
Vault of Glass is full of these encounters.
WotM does the same.

Very fun raid. Thank you to everyone that was there.

CREMSteve

I've never spent money on micro transactions before. For whatever reason, I really wanted that Ghost Ghost, so I took the plunge and bought 50 fucking dollars worth of silver.

Didn't get the Ghost, in fact, didn't get anything of value.

Needless to say, I regret finally dipping into micro transactions. Won't be doing it again. Don't mind supporting Bungie with this one-off though, this game has given me literally thousands of hours of playtime. Still a bit bitter with the repetitiveness of the packages I picked up though. That's not cool.

QUESTION

How many shaders are there to get during this event? I know of:

1. superblack
2. pink shader from treasure key
3. green shader from crucible

Are there any others?

QUESTION

1. superblack

Are there any others?

Sea of Tears in the loot bag at Eva Levante. Get a full bag of candy and buy it instead of one of the masks she has on offer. It took me like 6 trips before I got it.

LiK

QUESTION

1. superblack

Are there any others?

Sea of Tears in the loot bag at Eva Levante. Get a full bag of candy and buy it instead of one of the masks she has on offer. It took me like 6 trips before I got it.

Yup, just 4. Not sure if here are any others beyond that.

Did that Eva quest that gives the treasures for each character and still only got paper masks and consumable crap.
I really wanted that green sparrow or one of the ghost shells.

Top Bottom