• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I haven't been on GAF in awhile, but I must say, the Heroic Raid is a hoot, however I think it's odd that the encounters on this raid go from most difficult to easiest.

Some of my (lame) predictions for challenge mode:

• Vosik - Must get to damage phase during captain bomb throw phase (all 6 have to hit 3 times)
  • Zamboni - Cannot shoot the core to reduce time during engine parts phase.
  • Vosik part 2 - Empowered but not jumping on Aksis has to activate supers each time.
  • Not including Vosik part 1 and Aksis part 1 as those didn't have challenge mode in the last raid. My prediction is weak for Zamboni but I can't think of anything else.

They weren't 'SUPER DUPER' hard, they were just pushing the raid team to play the encounter in a specific way.

GhaleonEB

Cant disagree with the broom. To bad it's only for the duration of the event.
This Reddit post explains Bungies aggression with micro transactions well and the differences between FoTL 2016 and 2015. It's a good read.

I'm not sure about the hoot with quests since they're pretty standard small stuff like super standard. Remember last years jumping off the tower with Atheon's mask? I feel like the fun was taken out of this years FoTL.
The broom and the raisin quest are my highlights and only one can stay with you.

I thought they updated the humor appropriately. Donning Saladin's mask and having him lose it when you approached him had me laughing pretty hard.

Am I reading right that you can only get new mask from Eververse? Or are they still in the grab bags via candy? Are the masks permanent, or is permanence still granted with glue via Eververse?

I thought they updated the humor appropriately. Donning Saladin's mask and having him lose it when you approached him had me laughing pretty hard.

Am I reading right that you can only get new mask from Eververse? Or are they still in the grab bags via candy? Are the masks permanent, or is permanence still granted with glue via Eververse?
You can only get Y2 masks from eve. So you get 1 free chest per character for a chance. Problem is Y1 masks are mixed in. The masks are permanent and duplicates give 3 silver dust when dismantled.

There are no more rare masks or glue so once you complete the couple quests, get the chests, and get the shaders. Unless you desire to buy more chests the event is essentially done for you. They have a 2 week event that doesn't even last for more then a couple hours.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ok so it's just a damage buff and allows all weapons to proc critical functions regardless or area of enemy hit... makes more sense now.
Lol yes and no. It just appears as yellow text, but you are only doing 35% more damage. That said it will interesting to see if black spindle perk proc or not.

For example, my sniper does around 8k damage to aksis on body shots. It does 20k damage on headshots. With tether my body shots top out at around 10k. They appear as yellow hits but they do less damage than headshots.

With weapons of light 35% bonus it does 27k headshot damage and with weapons of light and tether i do 34k headshot damage. That adds up to 70% extra damage.

FinKL

Interesting numbers here. Also, is the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle in the same damage class as the Event Horizon? Was surprised to see how that ranked sixth for damage.

Could you link the list you are looking at? I'm very curious on Sniper DPS, even though I believe the Raid Sniper at BS Impact and 4 shots on next reload seems the best.

EDIT Were you talking about that Heavy List a few posts back?

Lol no. It just appears as yellow text, but you are only doing 35% more damage.

For example, my sniper does around 8k damage to aksis on body shots. It does 20k damage on headshots. With tether my body shots top out at around 10k. They appear as yellow hits but they do less damage than headshots.

With weapons of light 35% bonus it does 27k headshot damage and with weapons of light and tether i do 34k headshot damage. That adds up to 70% extra damage.

lol wait i'm super confused.

I understand the damage thing... a simple damage bonus all around still not technically a critical shot; however, any weapon you use that has a precision shot perk (crit shot) WILL proc anywhere on the bosses body while tethered.

^^ added

Ewww for got your a west coaster...

7pm EST HM raid

Pandora
Nico
Light
Gib

I would if it was earlier. G'luck... and make fun of Light for me if he still can't slide underneath doors ;P

I'll be on playing crucible running the Shaxx bounties for the nightfall-tier rewards if anyone wants to roll but doesnt have time for a full raid.

CREMSteve

The ultimate troll. Spent $50 on silver trying to get the Ghost Ghost and never got it.

Goes and does the quest that results in a Treasure package and gets the Ghost Ghost.

I've got no one to blame but myself.

I would if it was earlier. G'luck... and make fun of Light for me if he still can't slide underneath doors ;P

I'll be on playing crucible running the Shaxx bounties for the nightfall-tier rewards if anyone wants to roll but doesnt have time for a full raid.

No prob, we are supposed to do a raid tomorrow too. It's at 3pm, that any good?

And I will definitely get on his case. I refuse to spend 2 hours there.

SlimySnake

lol wait i'm super confused.

I understand the damage thing... a simple damage bonus all around still not technically a critical shot; however, any weapon you use that has a precision shot perk (crit shot) WILL proc anywhere on the bosses body while tethered.

right i reread your post and edited mine but it was too late.

I am curious to see if black spindle perk procs. If the raid machine gun procs, black spindle should as well.

FyreWulff

Everything on the right side of the Festival Treasures preview, like Ghost Ghost, etc, are MT only , yes, plus the Firewolf Mask (sigh).

And the boxes don't guarantee uniques so you can spend a hundred dollars like a streamer did and not get Firewolf or Ghost Ghost.

This is versus SRL last year where you were guaranteed a new sparrow with each purchase and couldn't buy any more boxes once you had all the sparrows.

It's a bit shit.

No prob, we are supposed to do a raid tomorrow too. It's at 3pm, that any good?

And I will definitely get on his case. I refuse to spend 2 hours there.

Hmmm i'll mostly likely be playing Titanfall 2 all this weekend with a tiny bit of Destiny sprinkled in. I'd recommend TF2 to anyone looking for a super fun, new shooter!

right i reread your post and edited mine but it was too late.

I am curious to see if black spindle perk procs. If the raid machine gun procs, black spindle should as well.

I'm 100% positive it does. I've used tether and the spindle on strike bosses. Any weapon you choose that has a precision perk will proc on any tethered enemy.

Nicodemic

I think we're also looking to run tomorrow at 3 pm EST. Want in?

I think I gave everyone the rights to change the name :p Stupid move or brilliant move?

I can't tomorrow. Working, weekend included.

And don't worry guys, I won't abuse admin powers
much

SlimySnake

Hmmm i'll mostly likely be playing Titanfall 2 all this weekend with a tiny bit of Destiny sprinkled in. I'd recommend TF2 to anyone looking for a super fun, new shooter!

I'm 100% positive it does. I've used tether and the spindle on strike bosses. Any weapon you choose that has a precision perk will proc on any tethered enemy.

Black Spindle sure didn't seem like it proc'd on tethered body shots on War Priest for me.

right. i dont remember it proc'ing on warpriest.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I still don't get why they won't let us earn the old masks

Seriously the Loot Bags should hold 1 or at least a 50% chance, 25% for the new one

You can keep Ghost Ghost and Devil Ghost behind your paywall, but make it a little fair

Shit as I stated why not make it that 5 loot bags, hell 7 (Bungie loves that #) for 1 Treasure Box
This way you can't earn them quick

Can even lock out to only 3 bags per Guardian per day, so 9 total
Over 2 weeks that's 18 boxes total if you grinded all 3 toons with 3 bags a piece
Sounds reasonable no?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Superblack is about the only thing I was interested in anyway. I've become physically allergic to quests on any scale in this game.

Are masks infusable now? Nearly useless unless so.

Nope. They're still a god damn stupid idea lol. At least make them somehow not affect the light of the helmet you have on... make it a skin Bungie. It's a PAIN IN THE ASS to keep having to take it off at the end of a Crucible match to get back to your light level for drops. And screw that mission to decrypt engrams wearing an engram mask... that would totally screw you over!!!! lol

CREMSteve

Nope. They're still a god damn stupid idea lol. At least make them somehow not affect the light of the helmet you have on... make it a skin Bungie. It's a PAIN IN THE ASS to keep having to take it off at the end of a Crucible match to get back to your light level for drops. And screw that mission to decrypt engrams wearing an engram mask... that would totally screw you over!!!! lol
You don't have to decrypt them. Just wear the cryptarch mask when you pick engrams up off the ground.

I still don't get why they won't let us earn the old masks

Seriously the Loot Bags should hold 1 or at least a 50% chance, 25% for the new one

You can keep Ghost Ghost and Devil Ghost behind your paywall, but make it a little fair

Shit as I stated why not make it that 5 loot bags, hell 7 (Bungie loves that #) for 1 Treasure Box
This way you can't earn them quick

Can even lock out to only 3 bags per Guardian per day, so 9 total
Over 2 weeks that's 18 boxes total if you grinded all 3 toons with 3 bags a piece
Sounds reasonable no?
Why would they do that? Less money for them. The community has already validated Bungie's microtransaction method.

CREMSteve

Sod raids I want my ghost ghost :(

Seriously I have to buy the RNG boxes for a chance to get them? Utter shit, why can't I grind them like last year?
I got one from the package she gives you for completing the strike and court of oryx.

Shitty thing is the Ghost doesn't actually wear the sheet when you spawn it. Just looks like the standard Ghost. :(

Wondering if it's a glitch.

Top Bottom