• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just curious, what exotic weapon do you all use for the first and second phase of Aksys on heroic?

Unless you are firing the Cannons, you shouldnt be using anything over dark drinker.

B6w2jbV.jpg

Numbers are from Datto.

I did 2.7 million damage to him on heroic the other day with my dark drinker and some sniper shots on the first two teleports. Zocano did all of his damage with Cannons and ended up at 3.5 million and that was without Weapons of Light since we had the Weapon Bubble right next to Aksis.

So Cannons are still the best source of damage that you simply must use, but the rest should be using dark drinkers.

SlimySnake

I don't have Dark Drinker doe.

Unless you are firing the Cannons, you shouldnt be using anything over dark drinker.

;p If you dont have it, pick the next item on the list or just use the cannons. If you are not on cannon duty, ask everyone to dump the cannons in the middle for the last DPS phase.

Black Spindle does more damage than Raze Lighter but with the Raze Lighter you dont have to be precise enough to land every precision shot on a guy having a seizure and with heavy ammo dropping like mad in this raid along with the memory of radegast artifact, you should have 88 Sword Ammo for your Raze Lighter pretty much every DPS phase.

You can also use the Raze Lighter to one hit captains.

Zakalwe

Banned
8 strikes, no keys. The drop rate on these things is ridiculous.

Edit: 9 strikes 1 key, no shader. Why am I doing this to myself?

Number45

Man, seems I've been really lucky with keys. I've done quite a few strikes for various reasons (exotic faction quests) but it's definitely less than 40 and I've had... at a guess around 12 or 13? Seemed to have more luck with normal mode tough.

I get fuck all of value from the chests though, obviously.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raid on Saturday at 12:00 noon Eastern kinda filled up rapidly without signups this week, but it looks like I have 1 spot.

1. Hawk
2. optimus
3. optimus' friend.
4. rasengan's friend
5. Taiste
6. ___

Min light 363, feel free to quote this if you want that spot. It would be great to also have an alt or two available in case anyone can't make it, if anybody else knows they'll be around at the time...

Early version of Destiny's UI

Man... i realllllllly want that Titan armor set!

Also - look how much more "stuff" there is for armor etc on the left!

Also - Also - Titans used to have SCARFS (or shemagh) instead of BUTT-TOWELS! Can we please have scarfs/shemagh in Destiny 2 please!?

Also - Also - Also - Look at the amount or item rarity classifications! There's gotta be 9 or 10 levels of item rarity.

Lothars

Whatever clearly I'm in the minority. I hope Bungie just goes all the way then, cause clearly mostly everyone is fine with it right now. Well just keep making excuses after excuses. Until it's far to late.
Your in the minority because overreacting about something doesn't make it so. It has only been cosmetics which is exactly what they have always said. Both the boosters and leveling don't give an advantage at all.

If it changes than that's the time to show the outrage but being outraged about everything they do is not the way to handle this. Microtransaction isn't ideal but they have handled it fine so far and until they step out and actually make it game affecting than that's different.

SlimySnake

Man, seems I've been really lucky with keys. I've done quite a few strikes for various reasons (exotic faction quests) but it's definitely less than 40 and I've had... at a guess around 12 or 13? Seemed to have more luck with normal mode tough.

I get fuck all of value from the chests though, obviously.

8 strikes, no keys. The drop rate on these things is ridiculous.

Edit: 9 strikes 1 key, no shader. Why am I doing this to myself?

What playlist are you guys playing?

In my experience, i get a key every 4-5 strikes in the heroic playlist. Every 7-8 strikes in the regular playlist they have you do for the record book. Out of the 20 strikes, three keys dropped for me which is a pretty decent rate. I did five strikes yesterday during an unusually dry spell of exotic engrams where i went 11 crucible games/strikes without a drop. Got two keys in those five strikes.

Exotic Engram also drop at an average of 5 pvp games/strikes. The only reason why i went 11 games/strikes last night was because the night before i had gotten two engrams on back to back crucible games. I know its all RNG but i find it hard to believe people are getting so few keys from heroic strikes.

LiK

;p If you dont have it, pick the next item on the list or just use the cannons. If you are not on cannon duty, ask everyone to dump the cannons in the middle for the last DPS phase.

Black Spindle does more damage than Raze Lighter but with the Raze Lighter you dont have to be precise enough to land every precision shot on a guy having a seizure and with heavy ammo dropping like mad in this raid along with the memory of radegast artifact, you should have 88 Sword Ammo for your Raze Lighter pretty much every DPS phase.

I just use Gally with WoL and i'll grab a cannon if i see it droped by someone. i'm usually on bomb duty. only had one raid session where i was forced to do cannon duty.

Dalek

Newbie raid on Saturday at 12:00 noon Eastern kinda filled up rapidly without signups this week, but it looks like I have 1 spot.

1. Hawk
2. optimus
3. optimus' friend.
4. rasengan's friend
5. Taiste
6. ___

Min light 363, feel free to quote this if you want that spot. It would be great to also have an alt or two available in case anyone can't make it, if anybody else knows they'll be around at the time...

I'd love to play. Will be my first time.

MDavis360 light level 389

Will you be able to help me start the exotic quest with all the monitors and what not.

I just use Gally with WoL and i'll grab a cannon if i see it droped by someone. i'm usually on bomb duty. only had one raid session where i was forced to do cannon duty.

Here's the Aksis heavy damage chart...

Cannons(Charged): 338966
Dark Drinkier: 232064
Sleeper: 166635
Raze: 161530
Spindle: 158160
Event Horizon: 133731
Bolt Caster: 124350
Nemesis Star: 120143
Gally: 106236
Qullim's: 100260
Thunderlord: 88795
SGA: 80006
Truth: 75366
Dragons Breath: 55671
Young Wolf's Howl: 55531

Sleeper still the best for me personally ( i detest swords )

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd love to play. Will be my first time.

MDavis360 light level 389

Will you be able to help me start the exotic quest with all the monitors and what not.
Yeup, monitors is on the docket. Unless we have a ton of trouble such that time becomes a concern, we will definitely do it.

You are hilariously overleveled and will make the bosses weep.

Detesting swords is blasphemy to me but I recently got my sleeper to high light and using it during dunks 1 and 2 then a cannon for the main DPS may be my favorite way to do it so far. Many big numbars.

Finally getting my dark drinker tonight though so I can hop off cannon duty and see what that's like. I very much love the cannons though so I may settle onto the above when it's a matter of preference.

Lima

Here's the Aksis damage chart...

Outbreak Prime: -5

😂

SlimySnake

Yeup, monitors is on the docket. Unless we have a ton of trouble such that time becomes a concern, we will definitely do it.

Detesting swords is blasphemy to me but I recently got my sleeper to high light and using it during dunks 1 and 2 then a cannon for the main DPS may be my favorite way to do it so far. Many big numbars.

Finally getting my dark drinker tonight though so I can hop off cannon duty and see what that's like. I very much love the cannons though so I may settle onto the above when it's a matter of preference.
Cannons are kind of tricky though. I usually hold it until I hear the charged sound (same as I would when taking down servitors) and then release but someone said you dont have to hold it for that long to do max damage. I feel like I am supposed to let go before it's fully charged?

What kind of damage do you do with Weapons and Tether? I havent shot many cannons recently but i top out at 120k.

I use the raid scout then switch to either cannon or dark drinker duty. If none are there, I continue with raid scout.

BTW did you see our new clan name?

Yeah idk... i just feel like swords are awkward and out of place in Destiny. Maybe it's the 3rd person switch or the animations... but regardless i wont touch one unless i have to lol.

I've made it this far with other stuff. Maybe they'll sort out melee combat better in Destiny 2. I would love me a space katana that i could jump around and use in 1st person like Genji! XD

Zakalwe

Banned
What playlist are you guys playing?

In my experience, i get a key every 4-5 strikes in the heroic playlist. Every 7-8 strikes in the regular playlist they have you do for the record book. Out of the 20 strikes, three keys dropped for me which is a pretty decent rate. I did five strikes yesterday during an unusually dry spell of exotic engrams where i went 11 crucible games/strikes without a drop. Got two keys in those five strikes.

Exotic Engram also drop at an average of 5 pvp games/strikes. The only reason why i went 11 games/strikes last night was because the night before i had gotten two engrams on back to back crucible games. I know its all RNG but i find it hard to believe people are getting so few keys from heroic strikes.

320 currently, but I think I'll switch to Heroic (book completed now).

Thanks.

Outbreak Prime: -5

😂

Outbreak Prime does the highest DPS out of any primary to Aksis. It's a very decent option depending on your roll and if you run cannon.

I use the raid scout then switch to either cannon or dark drinker duty. If none are there, I continue with raid scout.

BTW did you see our new clan name?

We know you love dat scout...

And we know you leave ammo in the cannon ;P (jk that's usually never you lol)

I saw that... my brother was like WTF happened to your clan name... i look at my name and was like " Pete... cat... huhhhhhh?!" lol what is that

Zakalwe

Banned
People telling others they're doing it wrong if they don't use weapon x are funny.

Unless you're struggling it really doesn't matter. The raid is pretty much easy mode now we all have the strats down.

SlimySnake

so during damage phases, you can just go right up to him and just spin like a maniac?
he cant damage you during any of the damage phases so yes. ideally you would want to wait until the last teleport since you get around 15-20 seconds to damage him and can better coordinate weapons bubbles and tethers to max out the damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30N2f7NixJw

We took him out in a little over two phases. it would've been two if we had tether on first phase. for some reason one of our hunters was using golden gun lol.

oh and i dont like people using heavies to damage him during the first two teleports. people get caught up in trying to do max damage and forget to get in position for the dunking phase.

People telling others they're doing it wrong if they don't use weapon x are funny.

Unless you're struggling it really doesn't matter. The raid is pretty much easy mode now we all have the strats down.

Someone asked what weapons are best to do max damage. We literally just answered the question. The numbers are all there and Gally is all the way at the bottom. we are just discussing numbers.

Wait, where did these numbers come from?

Edit: I'm assuming it's this Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...weapon_damage_tests_on_aksis_by_badassgaming/

This right here. Use whatever you want as long as it works. Who cares how other folks do it? It doesn't affect me. Go nuts!

Edit: Unless you're just the type of person that needs to come on a community message board just try to make people upset. Then carry on.

AaronMT86

I wonder what the differential is with a 400 Dark Drinker hitting white damage (I seem to do that more than critical hits) on a number of twirls versus my 400 Sleeper hitting critical hits each time. I find Sleeper more fun to use and I don't have to run across the arena if I'm on the opposite side.

LiK

Yes, I know damage phase he doesn't hurt you. I already beat the raid multple times. I just didn't know Dark Drinker did that much damage to his body. I thought everyone concentrated on his head for max damage.

Oh, that explains it. No one ever explained that aspect of the fight to me. Thanks.

Sure thing, no prob at all! The warlocks can do the same thing with fusion grenades and viking funeral i believe (sorry not positive i never play warlock anymore lol) and it will bum him at the same time and do up to 3x damage i believe it is... combined with tethers, cannons, sleepers etc. you can melt his spider ass with efficiency lol.

E92 M3

Early version of Destiny's UI

Man... i realllllllly want that Titan armor set!

Also - look how much more "stuff" there is for armor etc on the left!

Also - Also - Titans used to have SCARFS (or shemagh) instead of BUTT-TOWELS! Can we please have scarfs/shemagh in Destiny 2 please!?

Also - Also - Also - Look at the amount or item rarity classifications! There's gotta be 9 or 10 levels of item rarity.

They look like Titanfall Pilots - I love it.

LiK

Sure thing, no prob at all! The warlocks can do the same thing with fusion grenades and viking funeral i believe (sorry not positive i never play warlock anymore lol) and it will bum him at the same time and do up to 3x damage i believe it is... combined with tethers, cannons, sleepers etc. you can melt his spider ass with efficiency lol.

Yea, I just thought tethering would make him weaker overall, didn't know it affected the crits. Of course, I never really leveled up my NS subclass so I didn't really know some of the advantages of tether outside controlling adds and annoying me in PVP. Heh

They look like Titanfall Pilots - I love it.

Now that you mention it it totally does like shoulders up! Love it.

Yea, I just thought tethering would make him weaker overall, didn't know it affected the crits. Of course, I never really leveled up my NS subclass so I didn't really know some of the advantages of tether outside controlling adds and annoying me in PVP. Heh

Yeah the NS Hunters a some powerful little dudes! Annoying as shit in PvP with shadestep and the tethers as well lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How else are you supposed to be an elitist if you aren't belittling others over their personal preference? ...In a video game, nonetheless.

Which shader you use is personal preference. If you are using a weapon that does 20,000 damage instead of a weapon that does 200,000 damage, then yes, you are doing it wrong. That's not to say the encounter cannot still be beaten - we can all carry weaker group members. But if everyone decided to use the 20,000 damage weapon, then it's going to be hard to do the boss.

I don't care what weapon someone uses as long as enough people are using high DPS weapons so that the fight is won. I have to say, though, that if I am willfully using a low DPS weapon instead of a high DPS weapon, simply out of personal preference, then I think I come off as a bit selfish :) I mean, the fight is like 5 minutes long. I can use whatever I want the other 99.9999% of the time I play, but if I am working together with 5 other people to get the job done, then I want to help as much as I can. I don't understand why everyone wouldn't want to help out the team as much as possible, but then again, I also don't understand why people join strikes and just go AFK.

Interesting numbers here. Also, is the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle in the same damage class as the Event Horizon? Was surprised to see how that ranked sixth for damage.

Top Bottom