• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

So does it have to be all 4 rooms? Cant u just do less rooms but activaying them with bombs?

That hasn't been tried/confirmed that I've seen but in all likelihood you have to do all 4. At least you can do 2 clean rooms per cycle which gives you 3 DPS phases making it the most efficient way.

what does that even mean? you have to to throw the bombs in the rooms before you kill him? why would you throw the bombs in the room? that makes no sense.

You have to use a Siva charge to activate the clean room once inside.

Deku Tree

I was gonna skip NF but then Darknyss and Trakan invited me and we did them pretty quick. You just gotta take out the shanks on the tomb ship quick. Then you gotta watch for boomers spawning in Phogoths chamber and kill them quick too.

Afterwards we did a SIVA strike and got Abomination heist again (lol) and it felt harder without the Burn because Phogoth felt like he had more health.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
what does that even mean? you have to to throw the bombs in the rooms before you kill him? why would you throw the bombs in the room? that makes no sense.

When you go into DPS phase, 2 bombs drop
You grab those 2, then run to the room that are lit up
Throw them inside the room

Now you can do 1 room at a time, meaning 5 DPS cycle him...
Or 2 rooms after every DPS phase and 3 cycle him

You have to destroy all 4 rooms with bombs
Makes the easiest and safest sense

Mindlog

Just realized I scrapped an ornamented Exotic and only realized because I was wondering where a duplicate went. The ornament system is dumb, but I didn't realize how meaningless it is to me.

Ony my way Nightfall.

Dalek

Holy hell. The NF is no joke. When you get to the ship before the boss. Damn shanks come out of nowhere.

Super Good Advice:
Jump on the ship to make it move, and then jump right back off.
Go hide behind a pillar and snipe the shanks from far away.
Then ride the next ship safely.

At the boss, my team just walked in and used weapons of light and blasted the hell out of him with Arc rockets. He was dead in no time-it was almost comical.

We 1 shotted Challenge Mode.. WTF?

It's essentially closing the clean rooms by throwing a Siva charge instead of using a weapon. If you can do enough DPS in three phases it should be quite easy, well, most importantly is how efficient a team is against Vosik in the first place.

What's the difference in loot for the completing the CM in NM versus HM?

i.e. Do you still get the emblem and ornament?

No Perfected ornament or Emblem from Normal CM, you do get an extra loot chest.

Zocano

Raid challenges in this game have always been pretty straight forward. Half the time it's already what people had been doing all along.

I hope it stays that way.

That's stupid. It's called Challenge mode. I need a final super hard end game pve activity. Pls bungo giv me ):

That's stupid. It's called Challenge mode. I need a final super hard end game pve activity. Pls bungo giv me ):

They've been easy for years. It'd be weird to make them difficult now.
Not to mention that a lot of players still have trouble with hard raid.

A super hard 3 man raid/mission or something similar would be pretty cool though.
Like Challenge of Elders, but not boring as hell.

BLCKATK

List time. HM raid, including CM.

1 hedera_
2 Strangelove77

Sure. PSN: Azys_

They've been easy for years. It'd be weird to make them difficult now.
Not to mention that a lot of players still have trouble with hard raid.

A super hard 3 man raid/mission or something similar would be pretty cool though.
Like Challenge of Elders, but not boring as hell.

Personally I was hoping for a redesign of what Challenge Mode is about. I've never actually felt "challenged" by a boss during these.

There are ways to make a fight more optionally challenging in a fun way that extends to life of the raid. That's what challenge mode was designed to do, and it barely accomplishes that.

Does anyone know whether the ornament is specific to a piece of armor or a class? Or is it a general ornament like the iron ornaments?
I want to use the ornament on my warlock, but I want to use my Titan since I already raided with my warlock.

Strider

In NM? I think it's just a guaranteed 385 drop.

HM is ornament, emblem, guaranteed 400 drop

wait, Emblem is probably from NM too

I believe it is a Perfected Ornament for your Spliced gear from Wrath of the Machine Heroic Mode.

Edit: A special Emblem as well.

Thanks. Seems pretty good actually. Guaranteed 400 is a big deal for me still given I'm only 386 right now

We 1 shotted Challenge Mode.. WTF?
What? Were you expecting a challenge? :)

I was thinking last week that there wasn't going to be anything to WotM Challenge because the mechanics are not deep. The fact that it is so basic and enforces a three cycle boss kill proves me right.

I'll do it once and then go back to hoping for two-phase kills.

Strider

I don't think this is the case but rather the extra drop is based on your LL like everything else.

Oh

grave.gif

Feorax

Saw a video earlier about elemental primaries and how they should really make a comeback.

Made me think about how much I missed the raid loot in year 1. Some of the weapons/armour from VoG and Crota were absolutely fantastic and so much fun to play with.

Near enough everything that drops from the endgame since Crota has been discardable or infusion fodder. That's incredibly sad to me.

GraveRobberX

You also get an Exotic Engram from the CM chest for your first win

So for my Warlock it was running it fresh:

2 Specials (1 385 Sniper, 1 400 Sidearm)
2 Boots (1 400 Spliced, 1 385 NM)

Did not use Siva cache keys on both extra chests
So yeah

You also get 1 ornament, emblem, 1 exotic engram for first completion

3 weeks, 3 Zamboni HM, 6 If Materia. And of course no boots. I hate this game.

Ummm... Boots are in Vosik
Gauntlets and Chests drop from Zamboni

Challenge mode isn't hard but for pugs it may be a little extra effort. Found a group that had a guy and his friend rage quit after 3 wipes because we couldn't coordinate well the bomb throwing doors, someone would pick up the second bomb and accidently run to the same door as the first bomb thrower.

With two guys who communicate well with each other its pretty easy though, just gotta take that 2 seconds to quickly decide who is going where and the other 4 guys can go to either room.

GraveRobberX

I need to run CM on my 400 Titan and Hunter (already did full Raids on them before CM released)

Anyone interested in running it twice just for the chests?

You also get an Exotic Engram from the CM chest for your first win

So for my Warlock it was running it fresh:

2 Specials (1 385 Sniper, 1 400 Sidearm)
2 Boots (1 400 Spliced, 1 385 NM)

Did not use Siva cache keys on both extra chests
So yeah

You also get 1 ornament, emblem, 1 exotic engram for first completion

Ummm... Boots are in Vosik
Gauntlets and Chests drop from Zamboni

Yeah yeah I know, just wanted to add the boots as a plus

I'm at the boss if anyone wants to join for the NF. I'll hang out for about 10 minutes and if no takers bounce. I can't imagine this is soloable.

Edit: full

Edit 2: Thanks for the help, guys!

Mindlog

1 hedera_
2 Strangelove77
3 Azys_
4 Mindlog (Literally died because he forgot to put on fireborn.)
5 US-Frostburn
6 Z

Thanks for starting it up, Hedera. That was a lot of fun. Even completed challenge-challenge mode. Finish Vosiks challenge mode with three Guardians :]

I want Iron Lord Challenge.
Complete Encounters in Warth of the Machine with 1 Hunter, 1 Titan and 1 warlock.

Top Bottom