• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mr Rivuz

I recall reading somewhere that it's an artifact when infusing from an item with a light level ending in 1. (371, 381, 391)

The first Youtube video I found supports this theory. Unfortunately it's unlikely that infusing your 399 chest into others will give you that last bit of light you need.

Now that you make me think about it, the couple of times it happened to me was when i infused an item with a light level ending in 1...
Well, thanks for the info, saved me from wasting time and materials. Let's just hope the raid is going to be more generous this week ^^

Good day for exotics today. Got 3 from blue engrams. Perfect captain at the forge (Thanks for the run Kurt. Lots of people there this morning, managed to chain lots of offers) gave me 2 on one kill. 2 more from 3oC. Can't remember ever having so many exotics drop in such limited time

Jabronium

Probably going to be away from the game for a month (between NaNo and travel, not going to have much free time, and kind of fatigued already with everyone 395+), but looking forward to seeing what they did for challenge mode.

Anyone know the difference between CM Vosiks concerning rewards for Normal vs Heroic?

I'm not concerned with gear or LL rewards as I have everything I want/need but rather the ornaments.

Bad Juju isn't a terrible option— arguably the best exotic pulse rifle you could use. Best ones are legendaries with good rolls. Rift might be the best option, and don't play the objective.

Don't think any of the vendors have a great PR for sale right now. FWC, Crucible, and Gunsmith (PDX45) could provide good rolls on rank-up/armsday, and Hawksaws still drop from engrams.

Oh yeah, Rift is probably a great choice, since I can probably just camp the spark and pick off people in the confusion! Good call, thanks! I do already have one of the four required matches done, and my Juju is fully upgraded. I bet I can get it if I really try tonight.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God fucking dammit

I did 2 Raids already and they drop Challenge mode, grrr...

No bombs miss... Lolwat?

Either 6 perfect throws every time, or do 3 by 2 and really set up the throws

noomi

Speculation that you can only use 2 rooms... speculation.

It's all speculation until someone beats it... no one has.

GraveRobberX

Seriously that's a Perfect Run requirement for Challenge Mode Vosik

So adds, captains, seekers, bombs all connect, so 3 cycle
No one dies

So either you DPS hard and 2 cycle him or 3 cycle and hope no one misses

He moves so fucking much too...

Fake Edit:
Oh if its 2 rooms only, then you get 3 cycles, that sounds more fair I think

GraveRobberX

Hmmm...

Some on reddit are speculating that you have to burn all 4 rooms before killing Vosik

So first cycle, do 2 rooms
Next damage cycle, 2 rooms

Then last damage cycle burn him down

So yeah, prolonged fight it looks like

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What do you get by doing Challenge mode? Is the cap still 400? If it's just epeen, then no thx.

*looks around*

*shuffles feet*

*turns around*

*goes back to BF1*

That is the only known supposed reward, if KF CMs are anything to go by then Bungie will include a second reward as well but it won't be anything new gear wise that is not already readily available (or will it?).

Frostburn

Anyone know the difference between CM Vosiks concerning rewards for Normal vs Heroic?

I'm not concerned with gear or LL rewards as I have everything I want/need but rather the ornaments.

Yeah I guess we'll find out but I'm wondering this too, doing the Challenge Mode on Hard get you anything else exclusive to Challenge Mode drops (More ornaments per successful challenge mode completion?)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You'll be back
They always come back!

I'll never leave Destiny :) I have fun just doing strikes because I love the gunplay. That said, I won't bother with challenge mode just for kicks. The first time a captain falls off the edge during Vosik and then comes back to wreck my team might push me away from Destiny forever. Drives me crazy :)

Shiv47

Yeah I guess we'll find out but I'm wondering this too, doing the Challenge Mode on Hard get you anything else exclusive to Challenge Mode drops (More ornaments per successful challenge mode completion?)

Didn't KF challenge mode guarantee at least one max level gear drop?

I'm having doubts about Perfected ornaments being a reward for Normal as that really wouldn't make much sense considering they're only for HM gear but we'll see.

Didn't KF challenge mode guarantee at least one max level gear drop?

Initially it was a max LL weapon/gear drop depending upon which CM boss it was and a max LL artifact as well.

GraveRobberX

Maybe Challenge forces the NM gear piece not to stay at 385, bumps it up to 400?

So if you do it on HM

Get HM piece + Ornament + NM piece (400 LL possible) + Emblem

AlexBasch

Okay, I'm a bit lost so help me out.

I bought Destiny TTK about a month ago and I play solo only, but I did manage to play the PVP modes.

Now that Lords of Iron or whatever is out, am I locked out from playing PVP? Everything is behind a lock. :/ Isn't there a playlist with TTK players or something? Do I have to buy that addon?

ch4fx_

Any confirmation of what CM is? There are a few posts on reddit that state hitting all the bombs does not work, same thing for activating all the safe rooms.

Best of luck to those currently trying to figure this out, you are much appreciated.

Top Bottom