• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Trakan

Bungie really needs to address these raid bugs. It's much better than the days of Crota's End, but we ran into a bunch of them last night that just made me want to stop playing the game altogether.

During the challenge mode, I threw a bomb right at the panel and it didn't shut the door, so I died and we failed the challenge mode. I couldn't have thrown it more dead on than I did, I even made a clip of it. We also had someone die when they were inside the safe room. (I know you're not supposed to touch the back wall or whatever, but that's no excuse.) We also had a captain get stuck inside the wall during the Aksis fight. Just a frustrating raid experience last night overall.

Here's the clip of me throwing the bomb at the panel and it not closing the door. (I wasn't late on throwing it either because afterwards you can see my teammate closes a door.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaA9wQQ8sNA

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie really needs to address these raid bugs. It's much better than the days of Crota's End, but we ran into a bunch of them last night that just made me want to stop playing the game altogether.

During the challenge mode, I threw a bomb right at the panel and it didn't shut the door, so I died and we failed the challenge mode. I couldn't have thrown it more dead on than I did, I even made a clip of it. We also had someone die when they were inside the safe room. (I know you're not supposed to touch the back wall or whatever, but that's no excuse.) We also had a captain get stuck inside the wall during the Aksis fight. Just a frustrating raid experience last night overall.

Here's the clip of me throwing the bomb at the panel and it not closing the door. (I wasn't late on throwing it either because afterwards you can see my teammate closes a door.)

You didn't hit it :(

The impact point of your bomb is clear from the marks on the wall. That needs to be on the circle with three dots.

The way you were aiming would have been perfect if you had gone further in toward the back of the room before throwing. To hit it from the distance you threw it, you'd need to aim down and to the right (get the center of that "impact" texture on the circle).

May be stupid that the blast radius doesn't work on the console and worthy of complaint, but not a bug.

Number45

Wait what? This is news to me - we had three people die while in the safe room last night, though we've never had that happen previously.

We also got booted (all of us) as we were about to take down Aksis after getting the monitors. :'(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I don't know anything about people dying in the clean rooms or not touching the back wall (I have certainly done that many times). I've had the captain teleport right into the wall geometry on the right side of Aksis too. Those are definite glitches.

LTWood12

For all intents and purposes, you'd expect a bomb to hit anything remotely close to where it detonates, given that you can take out an entire group of adds with one. The fact that to activate the door, it all of a sudden is now supposed to be this precision thing, is a pretty obtuse.

Trakan

You didn't hit it :(

The impact point of your bomb is clear from the marks on the wall. That needs to be on the circle with three dots.

The way you were aiming would have been perfect if you had gone further in toward the back of the room before throwing. To hit it from the distance you threw it, you'd need to aim down and to the right (get the center of that "impact" texture on the circle).

May be stupid that the blast radius doesn't work on the console and worthy of complaint, but not a bug.

Okay, call it what you will, but my crosshair (for a BOMB!) was dead center on the panel. If that doesn't count as a hit, I don't want to do challenge mode anymore, lol.

You've never ran into people dying in the saferoom? Rumor was if you were touching the back wall it caused it to bug out, and staying away from it seems to have worked for us for the most part.

I think the game registered the hit at the top left of the control. Since you threw it from the left and not dead on, it exploded at a different spot than your reticule showed. I've found that the hit radius on the control panel is pretty small and splash damage doesn't count.

I agree though that it's really dumb that it requires such a direct hit when in other areas the bomb damage radius is so much larger

I did a run earlier today where the bomb hit right above the circle and it didn't counter either. If they are going to make this the challenge mechanic, ideally they should make it a bit easier to actually register the hit on the panel.

Edit: I believe this image shows where the game registered the bomb hit.

g8GRb1u.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, call it what you will, but my crosshair (for a BOMB!) was dead center on the panel. If that doesn't count as a hit, I don't want to do challenge mode anymore, lol.
The way your crosshair was positioned is perfect if you have enough room- I just go all the way into the room and put my back on the wall before throwing, and aim just like you did. The thing is that it is thrown in an arc, and yours hit the wall while still on the "upswing." It totally should count if the blast radius gets the button at all in my opinion, but it has to be a direct hit. I consider this the only actually tricky part of the challenge for what it's worth, and I was also frustrated by it last night before figuring it out. It happened to me a number of times, so definitely not random/gltich, that exact throw will never trigger the door (unless they update the hitbox to be more generous).

Once you do it correctly once with this in mind, a hit is easily reproducible though.
You've never ran into people dying in the saferoom? Rumor was if you were touching the back wall it caused it to bug out, and staying away from it seems to have worked for us for the most part.
That I have never seen personally and has to be a glitch, I've definitely put my back against that wall a dozen or more times now as well.

We also had someone die when they were inside the safe room. (I know you're not supposed to touch the back wall or whatever, but that's no excuse.)

Wait what? This is news to me - we had three people die while in the safe room last night, though we've never had that happen previously.

Not sure about the single death, but saw an explanation that if anyone's console doesn't think a room is closed then the people inside die; it's usually a function of lag and last second door closing.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hopscotch is my new favorite gun. I don't care if it's in the meta or not, that weapon is a beast!

Been rocking a roll with full auto, btaced frame and head seeker. So good.gif

I think the only thing bad about the Hopscotch is that it takes a couple of minutes to get used to not having to correct your aim after recoil. I have a counter balance/braced frame/rangefinder one that moves so little it feels like a laser rifle.

LiK

Hopscotch is really good in Rumble and 3v3. Altho it's not super good in Trials due to everyone else using harder hitting PRs which can out damage you in 1v1. But it's a fun PVP weapon.

GhaleonEB

Oh yeah that shit was dirty. It wasnt me that killed them, teammate. It was a damn mat(p)ador 64

just damn well dirty ass shotty. (also not sure if it had a bonus with final round)

Yeah if you go into testing you can see just how far shotguns can OHKO. Like I'm shell shocked by them I wont even go through doorways or indoors on maps anymore. you will die.

I was getting reamed by shotguns yesterday and today in similar fashion. I checked their load outs and yep, everyone was using the Matador. Where do you get it? Might as well join the club. :lol

I was getting reamed by shotguns yesterday and today in similar fashion. I checked their load outs and yep, everyone was using the Matador. Where do you get it? Might as well join the club. :lol

Pray to the drop gods. I got what I thought was good, but a sliver missing from range makes it "trash" apparently.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Doing Nightfall and getting coins... this shouldn't be a thing. Should always get an item.

Number45

You get one guaranteed from the PvP quest Shaxx gave out with RoI but it's not a good roll. I've had one other drop from normal crucible but it also wasn't great. My drops from crucible are almost always trash though, and everyone else seems to have one so probably just me.

I really struggle to find the optimum range for shotguns. I either fire off too soon and leave them alive or too late and I'm dead before I get a shot off. I guess once I get a roll worth keeping and use it more I'll get better at working out when to shoot.

platocplx

yeah as others have said playing PVP they drop a lot. Ive gotten a couple of them. I have this disgusting one that has performance bonus, Aggressive Ballistics and Range Finder and rifled barrel.

Ive started to learn how to bait shotgunners now and try to use certain things to my advantage, but most importantly why so many people get shottied to death is because they run around the crucible and challenge doors or stick in corners with no way of escape lol.

Ive seen the range on shottys, and in real life they have even more range to kill someone so its realistic even though in game the range seems insane.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
from one of my fav series the expanse lol. It plays in my head all the time now.

Toki767

yeah as others have said playing PVP they drop a lot. Ive gotten a couple of them. I have this disgusting one that has performance bonus, Aggressive Ballistics and Range Finder and rifled barrel.

Ive started to learn how to bait shotgunners now and try to use certain things to my advantage, but most importantly why so many people get shottied to death is because they run around the crucible and challenge doors or stick in corners with no way of escape lol.

Ive seen the range on shottys, and in real life they have even more range to kill someone so its realistic even though in game the range seems insane.

from one of my fav series the expanse lol. It plays in my head all the time now.

To be fair, in real life you don't regenerate health at quite the same speed.

platocplx

To be fair, in real life you don't regenerate health at quite the same speed.
Lmao yeah yeah. I was curious because i complain about them too and i guess up to 8m = 26 feet away its realistic that someone can be destroyed at that distance. I think issue is how fast people can close on you and there arent many mechanism in certain spaces where you can slide back in a closed area as much as people can slide forward.

Raid?

Fresh HM with Challenge

1. darkistheway
2. StrykerIsland
3. Talos
4. Flipside

I have to help my kids with their paper route this afternoon so don't think I have time for a full run, but would love to get the Challenge mode completed. If that would work for you, let me know.

StrykerIsland

I'm OK with that.

Would love to do a run if it doesn't start too late. Ran NM and HM once before, 397 titan.

PSN: FlipsideXL

We'll start as soon as we have 6

Need 2 more...

GhaleonEB

Yeah, I've changed my build in Crucible so I now roll with two envenomed smoke bombs, with maxed strength so I always have one on hand. I tag charging shotgunners and drop a couple taps with the scout and they're done. I still get baited/ambushed too often for my own good though. :\

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pray to the drop gods as I work through these Crucible quests. I'm doing the "Factions" one now. It goes on forever....

Top Bottom