• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LTWood12

Yeah, I've changed my build in Crucible so I now roll with two envenomed smoke bombs, with maxed strength so I always have one on hand. I tag charging shotgunners and drop a couple taps with the scout and they're done. I still get baited/ambushed too often for my own good though. :\

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pray to the drop gods as I work through these Crucible quests. I'm doing the "Factions" one now. It goes on forever....

The Matador will find you.

Do most of you guys clear the vosik challenge pretty quick and easy? Spent about 70 minutes today in a pug and we finally got it but it took a long, long time. 1 shot everything else including aksis. From people dying to adds to captain shenanigans to bombs not activating the doors something always seemed to go wrong. It definitely relies heavily on two players (the door bomb throwers) carrying the rest of the group, which I am not a fan of.

I did it once for the emblem but at this point doubt I'll do it often again unless maybe just people getting used to it this week and in future weeks it'll go faster. At this point I am 399 on every char though and don't really see much point in running the raid, and don't really care at all about the challenge ornaments - woo, a few things turn from white to red on my hunter, big whoop.

E92 M3

Salty much?

It's a fine game mode. Git gud and all that.

BEoxe0G.jpg

Doing Nightfall and getting coins... this shouldn't be a thing. Should always get an item.

I've always thought Nightfalls should reward what the current patrol public event gives * 5.

You should get all of the below:
8-12 Strange Coins
10-20 motes
3-4 Legendary Engrams
1,500 Glimmer
Current Nightfall legendary/exotic
Maybe even some planetary mats of the current nf location.

Something along those lines. It should rain rewards.

LiK

I honestly think Inferno Trials should be a separate mode so players who prefer it can play it. Maybe even reward different loot as an incentive.

Atkison04

Anyone up for heroic raid in about 3 hours (6pm est)? I posted up on the100 this morning and have received zero interest. I'll make a list if anyone on Gaf wants to run it.

1) the7thAssassin-
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
This is ps4 btw. Could do challenge as well if there is interest.

platocplx

I honestly think Inferno Trials should be a separate mode so players who prefer it can play it. Maybe even reward different loot as an incentive.

Yeah I think they should co-exist I loved the element. Def is easier in the sense of you just having good awareness of surroundings etc, Also loud ass titans shoulder charging lmao.

Made me appreciate some of the sounds and directions for people.

Salty much?

It's a fine game mode. Git gud and all that.

Thanks for the well thought out response!

Just so you know Igor is one of the best PvPers here on DGAF. He's also helped tons of folks here get to the lighthouse because he cares about this community.

It also looks like you didn't even play Trials over the weekend so excuse me if I'll take Igor's opinion over yours. But thanks again for the quality post!

Edit: My bad. You DID play. But just for the emblem. I guess it was so much fun you just stopped there. My mistake.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do most of you guys clear the vosik challenge pretty quick and easy? Spent about 70 minutes today in a pug and we finally got it but it took a long, long time. 1 shot everything else including aksis. From people dying to adds to captain shenanigans to bombs not activating the doors something always seemed to go wrong. It definitely relies heavily on two players (the door bomb throwers) carrying the rest of the group, which I am not a fan of.

I did it once for the emblem but at this point doubt I'll do it often again unless maybe just people getting used to it this week and in future weeks it'll go faster. At this point I am 399 on every char though and don't really see much point in running the raid, and don't really care at all about the challenge ornaments - woo, a few things turn from white to red on my hunter, big whoop.
my group (collection of random gaffers) nearly 1 shotted him but then two people died to shanks on the last phase and we were left with 4 to finish off like 20 percent of his health. then a third somehow died to Vosik and we were left with three. When the bombs dropped, he had like 5% health left. The sign appeared on my right but it turned me around and was actually on my left. by the time i got there and threw it he had recharged his shield.

Same thing happened on the second run. We got to the third phase with only 20% health left but three people died to shanks. I just dont get it.

We got it on the third try and one shotted him on our alts but its bizarre how people keep dying to shanks and still have trouble with captains. Bring your dark drinker people!

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Thanks for the well thought out response!

Just so you know Igor is one of the best PvPers here on DGAF. He's also helped tons of folks here get to the lighthouse because he cares about this community.

It also looks like you didn't even play Trials over the weekend so excuse me if I'll take Igor's opinion over yours. But thanks again for the quality post!

Edit: My bad. You DID play. But just for the emblem. I guess it was so much fun you just stopped there. My mistake.

Haha, you're really going to judge my enjoyment of the mode due to my playtime? I'm in my mid-30s with a family and no real life friends who are remotely competitive at Destiny. That doesn't exactly make for an easy way to play games of Trials due to lack of time and a fireteam.

Let's be clear here:
1) People are shitting on the past weekend of trials for various reasons.
2) Trials/Elimination was not an originally intended PvP mode for Destiny or at least not in the original design of the game.
3) People like Igor are saying they never want to see it back with complete disregard for other people's opinions.

I was simply pointing out that just because someone pours a lot of time into a mode that is changed and wants it to revert back doesn't make it bad at all. Are there some design flaws in Inferno Trials? Sure. There are also flaws in regular Trials too. It doesn't mean one should stay or go. It's good to have variety.

Melchiah

Finally got the Rise of Iron headpieces, and I love how the Hunter one looks like it's nothing there with Superblack shader.
I'm definitely not going to use the flame ornament on that one.

I also got 393 Red Death pulse rifle (with heal on each kill perk) and No Land Beyond primary sniper with ToC from CoE. Both seem very intriguing weapons.

E92 M3

Haha, you're really going to judge my enjoyment of the mode due to my playtime? I'm in my mid-30s with a family and no real life friends who are remotely competitive at Destiny. That doesn't exactly make for an easy way to play games of Trials due to lack of time and a fireteam.

Let's be clear here:
1) People are shitting on the past weekend of trials for various reasons.
2) Trials/Elimination was not an originally intended PvP mode for Destiny or at least not in the original design of the game.
3) People like Igor are saying they never want to see it back with complete disregard for other people's opinions.

I was simply pointing out that just because someone pours a lot of time into a mode that is changed and wants it to revert back doesn't make it bad at all. Are there some design flaws in Inferno Trials? Sure. There are also flaws in regular Trials too. It doesn't mean one should stay or go. It's good to have variety.

Having a discussion is fine, but you said to "git gud."

If you actually stated the reasoning like you just did, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got the Rise of Iron headpieces, and I love how the Hunter one looks like it's nothing there with Superblack shader.

I'm definitely not going to use the flame ornament on that one.

I also got 393 Red Death pulse rifle (with heal on each kill perk) and No Land Beyond primary sniper with ToC from CoE. Both seem very intriguing weapons.

Only thing intriguing about NLB is deciding what weapon to infuse it into :(

Hzoltan69

What am I supposed to get for Vosik challenge? I could swear I saw two things pop up on the screen, but I only got one emblem. I only had one emblem spot before - is it possible that I have lost something because I had no space? (Checked postmaster as well - nothing there.)

What am I supposed to get for Vosik challenge? I could swear I saw two things pop up on the screen, but I only got one emblem. I only had one emblem spot before - is it possible that I have lost something because I had no space? (Checked postmaster as well - nothing there.)
Ornament.

Haha, you're really going to tell someone to "git gud" when you don't even know them? It works both ways.

Having variety just for the sake of variety is not always a good thing. I feel that Bungie made a mistake by taking the staple that is Trials and messing with it. They could have easily made a separate playlist for FoTL. There's no reason why they needed to take something away just experiment.

For the record i am completely fine with that mode coming back or being a permanent thing like LiK said. But as something different and separate than Trials, don't turn Trials into that.

E92 M3

It's fine if you want to jump all over me, but please do so equally on Igor for mocking people who enjoyed the mode.

Next time I will include the /s to adequately convey my tone.

Not jumping all over you. Just understand that Igor is among the people that help folks from this community. In fact, he and Xplicit were helping people get the emblem last weekend.

Admit that you jumped the gun with "git gud" and we will be gucci.

Jafku

Not jumping all over you. Just understand that Igor is among the people that help folks from this community. In fact, he and Xplicit were helping people get the emblem last weekend.

I think you need to set your afterburners to neutral. "git gud" has an implied sarcastic tone.
I think we all need to take a breath and listen to what Mr. G has to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2RnjFHmNY

agreed

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For the record i am completely fine with that mode coming back or being a permanent thing like LiK said. But as something different and separate than Trials, don't turn Trials into that.
I'd like that, I'm glad tho pros are not universally against it coming back in any form. It was enjoyable for me as someone of lower skill (moreso than standard Elimination as well) and I definitely understand not wanting it to replace the established version of Trials at all. I'm also super curious how it would feel on other maps and hope Bungie doesn't just dismiss the notion of it existing in the future in some way because of the negative reaction.

LiK

Man, thought he wasn't carrying people. Guess I'm not special enough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What I mean is: I had two popups when Vosik died - I was in the back, so it wasn't drops or loot from the chest - what could it have been?
You do get the perfected ornament directly as a loot popup on complete. I'm 99% sure that's what you noticed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Go get your free tacos.

I would be fine if Inferno were a permanent thing but not without reviving. They obviously did not think things through when designing certain aspects of the game.

Trakan

Some of you guys are really overreacting about this Trials thing. They did something different for an event, that changed Trials for the first time in 18 months. I get it, you don't like it. Be happy it's not like other playlists such as Mayhem or Freelance than can disappear for weeks or months at a time.

One thing is for sure though, get those stupid horror noises/screen effects out of there. Trials is already your most "competitive" gametype and you turn it into an even bigger joke than it currently already is.

Atkison04

repost...
Anyone up for heroic raid in about 1.5 hours (6pm est)? I posted up on the100 this morning and have received zero interest. I'll make a list if anyone on Gaf wants to run it.

1) the7thAssassin-
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
This is ps4 btw. Could do challenge as well if there is interest.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's the calm before the storm. Anything before Destiny 2 is whatever. They just want to create any kind of excitement whether good or bad to pass the time.

Dalek

Can anyone help me finish my Exotic Sword quests? I have 2 ready to go at "Sealing the Blade" where you have to kill the wardens within 30 seconds of killing Alak-Hul.

Because I have two though-I'm hoping to do it in one shot. is it possible?

PSN: MDavis360

Shiv47

Will there be any incentive to play SRL beyond novelty when it returns? The only reason I played it last year was to get helmets and class items at 320. This time, everyone will likely be maxed out who cares to be by then, so that's not an incentive to play. Can't see grinding any of that again for nothing more than shaders or emblems.

Top Bottom