• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Whether this D2 stuff is actually fake or not, I'm curious to know how people are confirming it's fake. Is Bungie saying it's fake?

The Bungie developer whose name was in the first screenshot tweeted that it wasn't real. Don't know about the video because I don't care— of course Bungie is playtesting the game coming out in the fall. This 'leak', fake or real, isn't tantalizing.

FyreWulff

TylerDurden from DGAF got in early on the April Update on PS4 and it said he was playing "Private Test Build."

So was I, and you can't hide it because the PS4's privacy options are completely broken. You aren't required to hide your status for PTBs on either platform.

Trakan

The Bungie developer whose name was in the first screenshot tweeted that it wasn't real. Don't know about the video because I don't care— of course Bungie is playtesting the game coming out in the fall. This 'leak', fake or real, isn't tantalizing.

I'm not saying it is. Do you really think that Bungie developer would tell you it's real even if it was?

Deku Tree

So was I, and you can't hide it because the PS4's privacy options are completely broken. You aren't required to hide your status for PTBs on either platform.

You can hide it by going into appear offline mode on PS4. At least you can now. I forget when they introduced offline mode.

Another possibility is that the developer who reveled it made a mistake and is now trying to cover it up. Just saying...

Wouldn't really be a big surprise if they were playtesting D2 story missions at this point.

I'm not saying it is. Do you really think that Bungie developer would tell you it's real even if it was?

Exactly maybe they messed up. They would never admit it.

GlamFM

Banned
You can hide it by going into appear offline mode on PS4. At least you can now. I forget when they introduced offline mode.

Another possibility is that the developer who reveled it made a mistake and is now trying to cover it up. Just saying...

Wouldn't really be a big surprise if they were playtesting D2 story missions at this point.

Exactly maybe they messed up. They would. Ever admit it.

I highly doubt this is tested on anything but a locked down, internal network.

Either way - it does not really matter.

Raybunny

I'm a 375 warlock btw. How many hours away is this?

Sent invite. Gonna start very soon. If you cannot do it we can get someone else and ill make sure to do it again this week with you if you are interested.

1 Spot for NM WotM + CM + medallions. Ready to go

This group:

MDnbQhS.png

up for a reset-raid tomorrow?

If anyone cant make it, i'll be online glam. 3 raids lets go.

How does Light Level (Dis)Advantage work since RoI dropped?
Should I even bother with IB this week with a 370 character?

I'm almost always under leveled (compared to everyone else) for these things, but if you're competent enough in the Crucible, you won't have too much trouble. Last month I was in the 350s, while most of the folks in Iron Banner were 385s. I did fine.

I just hit the 385 mark this weekend.

Ghazi

Whether this D2 stuff is actually fake or not, I'm curious to know how people are confirming it's fake. Is Bungie saying it's fake? If it were 100% real, there's no way Bungie would ever confirm or verify that. "Oh, that unannounced game we're making? Yep, the test build must have leaked on Xbone. We were going to wait for E3, but yeah, confirmed." The Taken King, Eververse, and Rise of Iron were all leaked ahead of time. I'm more inclined to believe it nowadays.

Well, in the case of the video I quoted, the creator of that video came out and said it was fake.

It was also super easy to debunk, apparently, because the gamertag in his video is his own that's also in other videos by him.

Mindlog

Let me know when. I need a HM + CM run.
Team first tried everything last raid so I quit after the first wipe.

520 Titan with 520 Gjallarhorn Regime.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Bungie ain't releasing Destiny II this coming fall
RDR2 sucked out all of the hype for September & October releases for 2017
I'm still pegging for a March 2018 drop

In between we'll get one last magical DLC again that somehow they stitched together
Will be $29.99 like ROI, just give us the Cabal Raid everyone wants
Will be the swan song, DLC at least keeps you going until release of sequel

Press Sneak Fuck said Destiny and Bungie look shaky for September release (I think Deku tweeted to jschrier for reply)
So we are getting into lullaby state

Once Iron Banana leaves everyone and their mother will be stockpiled with 400LL gear and weapon sets
Then its just accumulation

SRL December, Crimson Days February, April Spring time for 0.04% buff to weapons, then E3 announcement
If 2018 release Cabal Raid in September
They'll just reuse art assets of Dreadnaught Canal ship crash and create a hub that extends way more or adjacent to it

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ours was Boyz II Men "End of the Road"
Ridiculously old

Well I'm 36 now, so this is 17-18 years ago...

I didn't know you are that old. Always thought you were in early 20s. I grew up not liking b2m and they are from my hometown. New edition and pm dawn.

Raven117

In between we'll get one last magical DLC again that somehow they stitched together

Press Sneak Fuck said Destiny and Bungie look shaky for September release (I think Deku tweeted to jschrier for reply)

Once Iron Banana leaves everyone and their mother will be stockpiled with 400LL gear and weapon sets

SRL December, Crimson Days February, April Spring time for 0.04% buff to weapons, then E3 announcement
They'll just reuse art assets of Dreadnaught Canal ship crash and create a hub that extends way more or adjacent to it

This is exceedingly reasonable and a likely scenario. Though I doubt it has much to do with RDR2 and more to do with the fact that they just can't get it done for a Sept. 2017 release.

After this week...and the challenge modes...I'll be hangin it up for awhile.

We just...we would have just heard more about this if indeed Destiny 2 was coming in Sept. 17.

Nicodemic

Calling WeTa-San! Don't do all your raids tomorrow! I will schedule another one for next saturday if everyone is up for it. In fact, here are the culprits list (decypher it you fools!):

-Traitorman
-Pandy the panda
-Light Up the Sky
-Wet4ya
-DarkAndNotSoFamous
-Rob The Dragon (if we didn't traumatise you too much)

Bring your swords, someone needs a little dose of teabagging! ;-)

GraveRobberX

I think I might sell off my ps4 and ps3 and grab a ps4 pro

Contemplating Thursday for swap, so wanna to get everything done on Tuesday/Wednesday

SpecX

:( I'm hanging onto some hope Destiny 2 will finally show itself come December's Playstation Experience, but what you wrote here may be the honest truth. I have yet to reach 400 LL, but the game is getting old for me at this point. WotM while fun, wasn't enough to keep me going and now i must find a new addiction after this round of IB rolls through.

GraveRobberX

:( I'm hanging onto some hope Destiny 2 will finally show itself come December's Playstation Experience, but what you wrote here may be the honest truth. I have yet to reach 400 LL, but the game is getting old for me at this point. WotM while fun, wasn't enough to keep me going and now i must find a new addiction after this round of IB rolls through.

I'm going back to WaifuWatch and Paragon

Once I have Pro, might grab Pro Enabled games for the time being

Looking for a good 4K TV
Either 75" Sony or 65" LG OLED
Black Friday, if not wait for CES for refresh
Then see what gets slashed and the new model prices

Ambitious

Pretty much all of the time when I switch to my Warlock, I get a bunch of Grimoire notifications at the bottom of the screen. I think all of them are SIVA cluster Grimoire entries.

WeTeHa

Calling WeTa-San! Don't do all your raids tomorrow! I will schedule another one for next saturday if everyone is up for it. In fact, here are the culprits list (decypher it you fools!):

Saturday is good for me. Won't be doing any raids during the week.

Can't wait for aksis challenge mode "supercharge guardians during each teleport"

Rip everyone

SpecX

I'm going back to WaifuWatch and Paragon

Once I have Pro, might grab Pro Enabled games for the time being

Looking for a good 4K TV
Either 75" Sony or 65" LG OLED
Black Friday, if not wait for CES for refresh
Then see what gets slashed and the new model prices

Yeah, it's almost time for us to get a TV upgrade as well. As much as I want an LG OLED, I think I'm ready to venture into the 70"+ realm.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Same. I was really hoping for a sequel next fall but I dont want another vanilla Destiny experience. I want some meaty, both in terms of content and weapons. I want a campaign that is more like Halo Reach than whatever the hell we are used to getting from Destiny. I want an engine that looks next gen. If DICE can do BF1 at 60 fps then Bungie should be able to produce a next gen looking game at 30 fps.

It's crazy we might have to wait until 2018 for Destiny 2 but thats what happens when you have to release 3 DLCs instead of just working on the sequel.

Dez_

Would love to see some Destiny 2 info at PS experience thing, but I honestly doubt we won't see or hear anything about it until E3 next year. If it's true that the sequel is still going through development issues, that's honestly concerning. I hope we get some leaked details behind the scenes, because this whole successful mess of a game has really been fascinating to learn about.

Top Bottom