• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lima

Clever dragon is literally 1000 times better than hopscotch in this meta, so, no. But if hopscotch ever gets buffed thats gonna be good. But does anyone really think Bungie will buff anything.

No but they will nuke the CD/Grasp archetype so then Hopscotch might be viable again.

Anyone around to help a casual get farther in trials? I got 4 wins and 0 losses. I'd settle for one more win for an armor piece, but 7 wins for a weapon would be neat.

ll_J0N_ll

First time I've seen a destiny ot off the first page :( but then I'm new I guess.

Anyway random trials or nightfall for the broken and guilty conscience's that can't sleep... Psn in profile

Raybunny

So returned playing destiny friday and would like to know if some guardians are up to accompany me on the new Raid NM.

At the moment my titan is 368 and I'd be up for it at CEST 6PM

Abylim

So returned playing destiny friday and would like to know if some guardians are up to accompany me on the new Raid NM.

At the moment my titan is 368 and I'd be up for it at CEST 6PM

Sign me up

375 warlock first time as well.

Is it worth doing kings fall as well?

First time I've seen a destiny ot off the first page :( but then I'm new I guess.

This is definitely the fastest it's happened, after a big content drop.

I don't *think* it happened at all during year 1, certainly not for months...Year 2 it happened a couple of times during the really long gaps between content.

Year 3 - I think player numbers are falling off faster than Year 2, and a lot of the regulars on here have switched to discord, both for chat and LFG.

I randomly friend good players from LFG (the100 and reddit) so I probably have 150 or so that have built up over time. After a new content drop I normally have 3-5 pages of the roster being active in Destiny...this usually drops down to a "background" level of around 1 page once people are into the last stages of max level grind and doing their 2nd or 3rd runs of the raid.

This Saturday it was down to only 3 people on the roster!

The people I play with regularly have also fallen off quite quickly, moving on to BF1 and TF2.

All anecdotal I know but it feels about right.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the big holiday splurge of games is over. I have seen people drift back to Destiny in their past as their default, background, game...

How does Light Level (Dis)Advantage work since RoI dropped?
Should I even bother with IB this week with a 370 character?

AFAIKit's the same as year 2.

This post has the charts.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13754/7_Power-Still-Matters

Note that at 370 you'll probably be fighting 400's which is a gap of 30 light. This in turn is a delta of 3 on the chart so you'll be dishing out 5% less damage.

A 350 would be at 10% damage reduction, whilst someone at 300 would be at 25% reduction.

AFAIKit's the same as year 2.

This post has the charts.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13754/7_Power-Still-Matters

Note that at 370 you'll probably be fighting 400's which is a gap of 30 light. This in turn is a delta of 3 on the chart so you'll be dishing out 5% less damage.

A 350 would be at 10% damage reduction, whilst someone at 300 would be at 25% reduction.

Seems reasonable. I'll try it and see how it goes.
I really need to start raiding ASAP...

Raybunny

I'll help you out Ray :)

Sign me up

375 warlock first time as well.

Is it worth doing kings fall as well?

I'd be up for it too!

Just to be sure, 1800 CEST is 1600 GMT?

I'll help you out Ray :)

NM Raid WotM - CEST 18:00 is GMT 17:00

Raybunzy
Ruthless
Abylim
SoulDestroyer

SoulDestroyer you told there is a 5th person on discord can you confirm it?

Trakan

This was also fake, by the way. The thirst is real.

Whether this D2 stuff is actually fake or not, I'm curious to know how people are confirming it's fake. Is Bungie saying it's fake? If it were 100% real, there's no way Bungie would ever confirm or verify that. "Oh, that unannounced game we're making? Yep, the test build must have leaked on Xbone. We were going to wait for E3, but yeah, confirmed." The Taken King, Eververse, and Rise of Iron were all leaked ahead of time. I'm more inclined to believe it nowadays.

Deku Tree

all my characters are 400
All the weapons that I use and some that I don't are 400
All my class items are 400
All my iron lord artifacts are 400
All my ghosts are 400
I have a bunch of 400 infusion fuel sitting around.

I still don't have the wotm HM shader or the ship.

Exotic shards are a major reason why I'm not upgrading other weapons to 400 even though I have a lot of them.

Nothus

I might have been a little hasty in dismissing my Hopscotch Pilgrim before. I tried it again over the weekend and this thing is lethal

Will be interesting to see how it goes in the IB tomorrow.

All my ghosts are 400

Exotic shards are a major reason why I'm not upgrading other weapons to 400 even though I have a lot of them.

the Division is calling you...

All my ghosts are 400

IMHO the ship drop rate is either bugged or put in as a really long-tail thing for people to chase if they really want to.

I assume the lack of HM shader is bad luck on all 3 chars?

Kilau

All my ghosts are 400

But you aren't all Christmas Tree'd up with ornaments, get back out there guardian.

Yup, totally new game, feels a lot like Diablo. It was mostly a Qol update with revamped loot and difficulty, but the reception has been very positive.

I think I left it at around level 15 (30 was max at the time). Is it all end game changes? I saw something about the darkzone changing, which might make it more appealing to me.

What I disliked about the division (and made me realise that I like in Destiny) is that the guns are literally the same all the way up...you just get newer and newer AK47's with bigger numbers and better stability. At least in destiny quite a few of the exotics look and feel quite different, and the legendaries have different skins/flavour text etc.

The Division felt like a really big, complicated, clicker game...literally doing the same stuff with bigger numbers. I know a lot of that commentary could be levelled at Destiny too but for some reason, in my head, it feels different.

I guess in Destiny, I know the raids will be pretty big, complicated, and a lot of fun, and so i have a reason to get my light high enough to do them. The Division didnt really have that and I just wasn't having enough fun to do the grind for the sake of it.

GlamFM

Banned
This group:

MDnbQhS.png

up for a reset-raid tomorrow?

FyreWulff

Whether this D2 stuff is actually fake or not, I'm curious to know how people are confirming it's fake. Is Bungie saying it's fake? If it were 100% real, there's no way Bungie would ever confirm or verify that. "Oh, that unannounced game we're making? Yep, the test build must have leaked on Xbone. We were going to wait for E3, but yeah, confirmed." The Taken King, Eververse, and Rise of Iron were all leaked ahead of time. I'm more inclined to believe it nowadays.

Whatever the next major release of Destiny would not even be in the take home test phase yet, additionally, you would also see it on the PS4.

Interestingly, only one of the two consoles lets any regular user prop the console as a development environment for a few dollars, and guess which one supposedly keeps leaking developer online statuses?

GlamFM

Banned

It it were real it wouldn´t be called Destiny 2 test build.

Common sense.

Trakan

Whatever the next major release of Destiny would not even be in the take home test phase yet, additionally, you would also see it on the PS4.

Interestingly, only one of the two consoles lets any regular user prop the console as a development environment for a few dollars, and guess which one supposedly keeps leaking developer online statuses?

It it were real it wouldn´t be called Destiny 2 test build.

Common sense.

TylerDurden from DGAF got in early on the April Update on PS4 and it said he was playing "Private Test Build."

Top Bottom