• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

BLCKATK

So far I've spent 4 Skeleton Keys and no Candlelight shader. Today is the last day of the event. Do I really want to spend all of my gaming time grinding out another key for a chance at the shader? Ugh.

This is the shit about Festival of the Lost that bums me out.

Deku Tree

So far I've spent 4 Skeleton Keys and no Candlelight shader. Today is the last day of the event. Do I really want to spend all of my gaming time grinding out another key for a chance at the shader? Ugh.

I think tomorrow is the last day

Melchiah

It appears in your map as an extra version of the strike. It has matchmaking so have your fireteam pre-formed if you want one.

If you do match with randoms then pull out your sword to show them what element you want...hopefully they will do the same which means they have some idea of what they're doing. If they don't, then maybe invite them into party chat to make sure.

Good to know. It might be a longshot with randoms. If I'm not able to recruit my friends to help, after I've managed to gather the materials for all three swords, I may have to ask help here, and hope for the best. :)

And here I was, thinking that maybe I'll grind out one skeleton key for that shader... Four keys and nothing? That's just wrong.

Final Flawless of the weekend with Xplicit and Igor. GGs boys. Xplicit was a phantom on a 0-4 Final Boss comeback.

That said, Buh Bye FoTL and Inferno Trials. You will not be missed. Inferno aka Camp 2 Win Trials is awful.

I want the FotL rewards, as shitty as they may be, and that requires jumping into Crucible. What I want to know is what is the easiest way to do this? What weapons should I use for Crucible? What game type should I start with? Any general tips or tricks for doing well(-ish, I expect much death) and ideally even enjoying myself?

Thanks for any advice.

Just been catching up on this thread and didn't see a reply to this. For the first time into crucible I would recommend using weapons you are comfortable with from pve. You will know how they handle and how to use it.

Pulse rifles are pretty strong at the minute and any of the high rate of fire archetypes such as the grasp of malok and hawksaw with high stability are very good to use. Hawksaw is a bit easier to use than grasp in my opinion.

Auto rifles are also a good one to start with whilst you get used to aiming at human opponents who move erratically compared to AI. Any with good stability and range will put in a performance.

Hand cannons and scouts are good if you are able to be precise with them in their effective ranges.

For secondary go with a shotgun. Nice easy one hit kills when close.

The best way to learn is to go in and just enjoy it. Don't take it to seriously and just learn the maps and how things work. Take a few breaths after getting killed before hitting respawn. Find a general area of the map you are comfortable in and try to wait for people to come to you where you can get the drop on them. Or follow a teammate around and shoot at what they do.

Also I would stick to clash or control for first time in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train in the mean time. Join up.

fggffg.gif

ekgrey

Just been catching up on this thread and didn't see a reply to this. For the first time into crucible I would recommend using weapons you are comfortable with from pve. You will know how they handle and how to use it.

Pulse rifles are pretty strong at the minute and any of the high rate of fire archetypes such as the grasp of malok and hawksaw with high stability are very good to use. Hawksaw is a bit easier to use than grasp in my opinion.

Auto rifles are also a good one to start with whilst you get used to aiming at human opponents who move erratically compared to AI. Any with good stability and range will put in a performance.

Hand cannons and scouts are good if you are able to be precise with them in their effective ranges.

For secondary go with a shotgun. Nice easy one hit kills when close.

The best way to learn is to go in and just enjoy it. Don't take it to seriously and just learn the maps and how things work. Take a few breaths after getting killed before hitting respawn. Find a general area of the map you are comfortable in and try to wait for people to come to you where you can get the drop on them. Or follow a teammate around and shoot at what they do.

Also I would stick to clash or control for first time in.

Thanks for taking the time, mate. I truly appreciate it. My best pulse at the moment is Bad Juju. Is that suitable? Otherwise I'll probably infuse my trusty Monte Carlo again. For shotgun I'd go with Invective if I could use two exotics at once, so I'll have to dig around in my vault and infuse something.

Thanks for taking the time, mate. I truly appreciate it. My best pulse at the moment is Bad Juju. Is that suitable? Otherwise I'll probably infuse my trusty Monte Carlo again. For shotgun I'd go with Invective if I could use two exotics at once, so I'll have to dig around in my vault and infuse something.

Bad juju would be a good choice it should be fairly competitive and full auto saves on trigger pulls. Monte carlo is also decent. Much closer range though. Normal crucible doesn't have light level enabled so you wouldn't need to infuse anything. Only iron banner and trials have light level enabled. However drops in crucible are based on your current equipped light level at the end of the match.

Thanks for any advice.

I said in chat before, but it is worth repeating, that skill-based matchmaking works really well for people starting out. I don't know how the game copes with people it has no information on, so you may feel overwhelmed and underskilled at first while you find your bearings and the game figures out the skill level of people to match you with and against. Playing in a fireteam means an averaging of skill levels with may take you way out of your comfort zone; playing with others on voice comms may be better or worse with your anxiety?

You will probably have a better time in the 6v6 game types than 3v3 or rumble: clash, control, rift, and supremacy. I think control or rift would be the best place to start since there are objectives and they don't really move.

Weapon choice is less important than just playing and figuring out the sort of ranges you engage people at on various maps; the advice of a pulse or auto rifle and a shotgun is a good one.

Bad Juju [...] Monte Carlo

Both are good. Do you have the TTK quest reward Conspiracy Theory D shotgun? Other good secondary option is a sidearm if you have one. Switch to it and back up shooting if people charge you.

Frostburn

Archon's Forge straight up broke, 6 people in there and we'd get the counter to 100%, center dome would close and nothing would happen until the event failed due to the time limit being reached... wtf Bungie.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oooooo.

dtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt.gif

Too bad it's only smooth, cascade, rifled and close and personal.

Someone explain to me how rifled would be preferred over hammer forge or not. It seems they both boost the range the same but hammer does bring down reload. So wouldn't hammer be the better perk.

Oooooo.

dtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt.gif

Too bad it's only smooth, cascade, rifled and close and personal.

Someone explain to me how rifled would be preferred over hammer forge or not. It seems they both boost the range the same but hammer does bring down reload. So wouldn't hammer be the better perk.

Rifled/reinforced are the only perks that bring it to range cap after hammer forged got nerfed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's the thing they have to do better in Destiny 2. Stats can be very misleading and can't be taken at face value. They don't change anything visually when something gets nerfed or buffed.

Shiv47

I wanna knock out five trials cards to finish this book requirement before reset. Anyone else running for similar reasons or bounties? I'm very mediocre at PvP, so do not expect greatness.

Got a hopscotch with counterbalance, red dot, braced and full auto. Did I win?

Clever dragon is literally 1000 times better than hopscotch in this meta, so, no. But if hopscotch ever gets buffed thats gonna be good. But does anyone really think Bungie will buff anything.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No argument there but I'm going on a collect god roll of everything binge.

I had a rocket dropped with third eye. What.

Top Bottom