• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

xuchu

Any of the group members of last week's HM + CM run want to do the same this week?

1. darkistheway
2. StrykerIsland
3. Talos
4. Festwill
5. Higxx
6. FlipsideXL

Tonight would be perfect for me. Say in about 8 hours from now? (8:00PM CET)

Talos here, that would be good for me. Never used the supercharge mechanic though but should be fun.

I'm excited to do Aksis CM tonight. A challenge mode that if done correctly will help you kill the boss even faster? That's good stuff.

Also, Try Hard IB train later tonight. I hope a certain drunk, snap back wearing, vapiest, shows up...You know exactly who you are.

KJRage

Anybody doing a raid and challenge currently? Just looking for a group and would like to do it with some GAF folks.

PSN: The813Legend

I don't believe in the older you are, reaction time is slower thing. A lot of the top players in the FGC are old as dirt. A prominent player who in his late 40s, is sponsored by Hori and is the only player in the world who can play a certain character in a certain game because of the character having combos which are one frame links after another. Well this player can do these combos perfectly every time in high pressure situations against other world class players.
Just imagine you are a bomb diffuser and in order to diffuse a bomb you had to hit a button 1/20 of a second perfectly 7+ times in a row. He would be able to do that like nothing. He's just one example of many though.
The whole reaction thing may apply to other things in life but I don't think so for gaming. This doesn't just apply to fighting games either. World record holders for games like Tetris, old school arcade games, etc are people who are not young.

There individuals may be exceptional--or more likely their skill is a product of accumulated practice--but a wealth of clinical research demonstrates that reaction time starts to decline in one's early 20's.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't believe in the older you are, reaction time is slower thing. A lot of the top players in the FGC are old as dirt. A prominent player who in his late 40s, is sponsored by Hori and is the only player in the world who can play a certain character in a certain game because of the character having combos which are one frame links after another. Well this player can do these combos perfectly every time in high pressure situations against other world class players.
Just imagine you are a bomb diffuser and in order to diffuse a bomb you had to hit a button 1/20 of a second perfectly 7+ times in a row. He would be able to do that like nothing. He's just one example of many though.
The whole reaction thing may apply to other things in life but I don't think so for gaming. This doesn't just apply to fighting games either. World record holders for games like Tetris, old school arcade games, etc are people who are not young.

You are talking about reaction times and then explaining the skills of a single 40+ year old man....
Just because Michael Jordan can still dunk at 50 doesn't mean that I should expect to be dunking at 50.
Some human peoples of the world have skills that set them apart regardless of their ages.

They light up on the plates that the servitors start heading to before the disappear. It just recharges everyone's super as far as I know.

Eesh.
Can you still get the emblem on normal?
I don't care about ornaments. I'll just get them when Vosiks is the challenge again.

Otherwise I probably won't even bother. I think I'm pretty much done raiding overall. May do one more and that's it. I own all the weapons, I got both shaders and none of the emblems from the raid have looked cool either.
And to call the ornaments disappointing would be an understatement. The days of iron and trials ornaments are mostly really cool and the changes are drastic, but the raid ornaments are glorified chroma. Fuck that.

Mindlog

Challenge mode this week is great. It's going to make every subsequent pickup group that much more likely to 2 or 1 phase down Aksis.

The first stun will be the most challenging, but after that it becomes easy.

If Aksis' first teleport was left or right then two guardians can stand literally on the left and right discharge plates while covering the back teleport spot while the last guardian stands on their side also covering the front like normal. If Aksis teleports anywhere else then the two side guardians proceed as normal while back guardian covers all the teleport spots.

Pretty easy in theory :]

TsuWave

i don't think i'll ever get aksis challenge done. all my friends/regular group stopped playing already and it seems really hard to get right with a lfg group

Mindlog

i don't think i'll ever get aksis challenge done. all my friends/regular group stopped playing already and it seems really hard to get right with a lfg group
My last LFG.net group was completely casual, stress-free and we first cleared everything.
Even broke my Aksis siege engine time record. down to 4:39.

Nightfall anyone? What's even the strike?

Fistwell

Any of the group members of last week's HM + CM run want to do the same this week?

1. darkistheway
2. StrykerIsland
3. Talos
4. Festwill
5. Higxx
6. FlipsideXL

Sry, wont be back home before 10PM CET. Another time.

thabiz

My last LFG.net group was completely casual, stress-free and we first cleared everything.
Even broke my Aksis siege engine time record. down to 4:39.

Nightfall anyone? What's even the strike?

Blighted Chalice is this week’s strike with modifiers Berserk, Small Arms, Fresh Troops, and Match Game.

Im up for it in 10 min

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's just common sense as you get older everything is on the decline. But it's no excuse to not be able to do something if you put your mind into it.

Recently an old woman swam across the Atlantic. Did she let the fact that she may be too old to do it hold her back? Don't use age as an excuse for anything period. People across all ages are capable of doing things. And there is a huge difference between not being able to do something or doing something better than someone. Humans are in their peak in their 20s and 30s but many have been bested by older people with more experience. What you lack in one area you can try to make it up with another.

Anyone know what IB is this week?

Think I'm done with the raid, enjoyed watching the Aksis CM but that feels way too hard for me. I'm already on the edge of my comfort level with Aksis HM and just barely make it onto his back most of the time, adding having to quickly scan around for the teleport pad in addition to finding his teleport spot all within 6-8 seconds is just too much for this old brain.

IB this week should boost all my chars to 400 (from 399) and I have all the Iron Lord bounties finished on all my chars so it feels like a good place to park everyone until the next content drop.

Reven

Was able to get a trials card finished last night just before the reset with a group from LFG. Got my emblem and almost went flawless but we lost what would have been our 7th win.

I actually liked some of the changes but definitely agree it should be a separate mode. Also, fuck that spider.

1. darkistheway
2. StrykerIsland
3. Talos
4. Festwill
5. Higxx
6. FlipsideXL

Would love to but I have work this week.

Watched 2 videos - we basically had it right.

Whoever covers the middle just has to be really fast.

Oh, and the empowered people should always grab the canon and stay on the side they killed the last servitor. .

All videos say that if aksis teleport center, the back middld plate will not charge up, but i'm preetty sure that happened to us, no?

Top Bottom