• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

darthbob

Another month, another holiday emblem that I needed to have.

i22nWkV.png

Not much in their BF Collection that I wanted, but holy hell $400 for a signed Ghost Edition is kinda neat i guess...?

ll_J0N_ll

I'm thankful for Kadey still being up at god knows what time of the morning to do some chill pvp with me. She is a boss lady in the crucible!

Melchiah

Strikes are your best option outside of raids. Skeleton keys are rare but once you have one check out the chart from Reddit to see which slot(s) would be the biggest upgrade and do that specific strike. You should also use 3oC (if you have them) while running strikes to get exotics that have a chance to drop at a higher LL.

Thanks again for this tip. I managed to go from 396 to 398 yesterday by following the chart in the link. I played about ten strikes, and used Skeleton Keys in Abomination Heist and Cerberus VAE III to get primary and special weapons. The rest I levelled up with the exotic engrams I had saved, and playing a bit of Forge. Surprisingly, one of the exotic engrams gave me 399 heavy weapon, eventough I was at 397 light level at the time. I also got three exotics from blue engrams, so it was a very good play session progression-wise.

BTW, I've used over 50 Three of Coins since Xur's last visit, many of them when I was gathering Relic Iron for the Dark Drinker quest, and fighting Taken invasions inbetween. It brought some variety to the gathering process, and made it more rewarding. This is the first time in ages, when I've almost depleted the supply of ToC in a week.

Now, I have three exotic engrams left for helmet, chest, and leg pieces. So, I was wondering if the gauntlet I need can be obtained from Shield Brothers strike with a Hunter, since it's for Titan? The Abomination Heist has never given me the Hunter gauntlets.

frSXlsM.jpg

On a side note, I think I'm eventually going to move on to other games once I reach 399. It's been a long road from the Alpha, despite of the break between November 2014 and October 2015. It's also had its grievances, but in retrospect it's great that the game allowed me to reach these light levels without PVP, and only completing King's Fall raid, eventhough it took longer that way.

wmibZv9.jpg

Anyone willing to help with the Dark Drinker strike this week? I've got time for it today after 18:00 (GMT+2), and tomorrow after 14:00. One of the rare weekends, when I have time to play. =)

Fistwell

Now, I have three exotic engrams left for helmet, chest, and leg pieces. So, I was wondering if the gauntlet I need can be obtained from Shield Brothers strike with a Hunter, since it's for Titan? The Abomination Heist has never given me the Hunter gauntlets.
Na, titan gloves means titan gloves unfortunately. I've gotten a cple of the hunter gloves though, it did not seem to be too rare of a drop. Maybe try your luck again.

Anyone willing to help with the Dark Drinker strike this week? I've got time for it today after 18:00 (GMT+2), and tomorrow after 14:00. One of the rare weekends, when I have time to play. =)
I can help tomorrow if you're still looking by then.

Melchiah

Na, titan gloves means titan gloves unfortunately. I've gotten a cple of the hunter gloves though, it did not seem to be too rare of a drop. Maybe try your luck again.

I can help tomorrow if you're still looking by then.

Damn. =/ I'll just have to hope for getting them from the Abomination Heist or exotic engrams then. I've so far only gotten the special weapon and random class items from that strike.

Good to hear. My PSN ID can be found from the profile. I'll PM you, if I haven't done it by tomorrow.

Flipside

Sooo, is anyone planning on running the raid tomorrow somewhere in the evening (CET)? Seems very quiet this week but I would still love to run the HM + CM this week for the ornament.

So, I was wondering if the gauntlet I need can be obtained from Shield Brothers strike with a Hunter, since it's for Titan? The Abomination Heist has never given me the Hunter gauntlets.
Yes, the chest from Shield Brothers can still drop the titan arms. It doesn't matter which class you're playing on.

Assuming you're on PS4, you could also do Echo Chamber for a chance at arms or primary as well. Worst case, you have a chance at a good Imago dropping.

Melchiah

Yes, the chest from Shield Brothers can still drop the titan arms. It doesn't matter which class you're playing on.

Assuming you're on PS4, you could also do Echo Chamber for a chance at arms or primary as well. Worst case, you have a chance at a good Imago dropping.

Good to know. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't like to use handguns. I'm more of a scout kind of guy. My gauntlets and chest armor are also chosen with scout perks in mind. So, it would only be infused with the primary I have.

Unfortunately, I don't like to use handguns. I'm more of a scout kind of guy. My gauntlets and chest armor are also chosen with scout perks in mind. So, it would only be infused with the primary I have.

Your tastes may change; if you are fortunate to get a great roll of a particular legendary you may wish to keep it and try it out once in a while.

glaurung

Guys, I have a question.

The strike hoard chests in the new strikes drop unique class items. Warlock gets the Sepiks Deposed Bond. Titan gets the Anathema Cannon Mark. These are both styled to look like SIVA-infused class items.

My question - is there a similar Hunter class item?

Guys, I have a question.

The strike hoard chests in the new strikes drop unique class items. Warlock gets the Sepiks Deposed Bond. Titan gets the Anathema Cannon Mark. These are both styled to look like SIVA-infused class items.

My question - is there a similar Hunter class item?
Nope.

Before ROI, hunters had two strike exclusive class items (psion and tanik's cloaks) while titans and warlocks had one. Now each class has two.

glaurung

Thanks for the replies. Was hoping for a more SIVA-style Hunter class item. The raid cloaks look nice but animates bad.

Guess I'll continue wearing my Makeshift Scarf instead.

Melchiah

Your tastes may change; if you are fortunate to get a great roll of a particular legendary you may wish to keep it and try it out once in a while.

I've deleted all the legendary handguns I had, including Imago Loop. I still have Hawkmoon, but I've never even tried it. The thing is, if I moved to another primary type, I'd also have to find gauntlets and chest armor with perks for it, and infuse them to the same level my current gear is at. It just seems like too much trouble. So, I'll just stick with what I've been using since TTK raid. Before that I always used exotic auto rifles, Suros and Zhalo. The former was what I used with the Hunter for the most of year one.

How was Rise of Iron for a casual player? By casual I mean I typically play each story level or mission once and keep it moving, kinda as if it were a SP campaign without dabbling in any events, PvP, etc.

For comparison's sake, I'd say Taken King was a 3.5/5 expansion and the two before that were 2/5-ish.

Frostburn

How was Rise of Iron for a casual player? By casual I mean I typically play each story level or mission once and keep it moving, kinda as if it were a SP campaign without dabbling in any events, PvP, etc.

For comparison's sake, I'd say Taken King was a 3.5/5 expansion and the two before that were 2/5-ish.

You would probably rate this as a 3/5 or maybe high 2.5/5. It has less content than The Taken King but the story missions are all pretty decent, the new raid is WAY more welcoming and really fun (Not nearly as long either). The new PVP maps are okay, same with the new strikes. The new Iron Book has a ton of challenges that span all aspects of Destiny that you can work towards and most can be done in a casual manner that give you rewards as you level it up.

vctor182

Thanks for that late night thanksgiving crucible train. I didn't expect it to be honest.

I was having fun changing loadouts during the matches, tried all the primary weapon types and sadly confirmed that if I wanted to do actually good I have to use a PR, either the Clever Dragon or the Hopscotch other than that I'm just handicapping myself. On the special types I gotta say I'm going to the dark side now, the fusion rifle side until they buff back my Chaperone. Last year FWC The Vacancy FR is the best one I've ever used.

You would probably rate this as a 3/5 or maybe high 2.5/5. It has less content than The Taken King but the story missions are all pretty decent, the new raid is WAY more welcoming and really fun (Not nearly as long either). The new PVP maps are okay, same with the new strikes. The new Iron Book has a ton of challenges that span all aspects of Destiny that you can work towards and most can be done in a casual manner that give you rewards as you level it up.

The raid definitely sounds cool (I'm all for "welcoming" since I'm a filthy casual), but it seems like I can pass until Destiny 2 or wait for a sale. Thanks!

ekgrey

Can anyone on XB1 who has unlocked all exotics please post a picture of the weapon kiosk? I cannot find one anywhere that isn't either outdated (pre-RoI) or doesn't include the Sony exclusives.

Can anyone on XB1 who has unlocked all exotics please post a picture of the weapon kiosk? I cannot find one anywhere that isn't either outdated (pre-RoI) or doesn't include the Sony exclusives.

Just use destinyexotics.com and apply filters to hide ps4 exclusives

Day 1 player but I haven't unlocked them all sorry :-(

off the top of my head I'm missing:-
two of the swords
two of the class specific ones
chaperone (i need to do shield brothers strike but couldnt be bothered)
NTTE (I need to kill aetheon but couldn't be bothered)

plus one or two others I'm sure.

Melchiah

And so it is done.

vYNKQ0Vl.jpg
INzmzCMl.jpg

The good luck continued... I was looking for a gauntlet, and got an exotic engram for it from the first strike. I got a Skeleton Key after playing six strikes, and Shield Brothers gave me another gauntlet. After getting that to 400, I used three exotic engrams to raise the rest.

A friend of mine helped me to get the Dark Drinker. We teamed up with a random player, messaged him, and helped him to get the arc sword first. After which he helped us with the void one.

ekgrey

Just to be sure: the only PS exclusive exotics are Zen Meteor and The Jade Rabbit, correct? Just the two weapons and no armor?

Top Bottom