• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Trakan

FuYQtgJ.png

I feel like this is a very poorly worded SRL joke that people will take the wrong way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ralphy. I'm be up to help out Gally get his Aksis challenge if he wants to some time this week. Otherwise PVP country and cooking.

GlamFM

Banned
There are already click bait articles on trashy sites claiming D2 will be revealed at PSX.

I see sites speculating and I don´t think it´s entirely impossible.

Not very likely though.

EDIT: I mean, they will have something to reveal at PSX or The Game Awards. Either content for D1 or in fact D2.

EDIT2: Jason?

glaurung

Not very likely though.

EDIT: I mean, they will have something to reveal at PSX or The Game Awards. Either content for D1 or in fact D2.

Pretty sure they will show new SRL content at PSX.

My best bet for D2 content this year is a FMV teaser trailer clocking in at less than half a minute.

GlamFM

Banned
Pretty sure they will show new SRL content at PSX.

My best bet for D2 content this year is a FMV teaser trailer clocking in at less than half a minute.

Would be a bummer since it´s already announced and everything.

You´re still probably right.... unfortunately.

Fistwell

What's the official D2 release window again? Holiday 17? (to be delayed to spring 18...). It's only one year out, a teaser soon wouldn't be too surprising, surely. Not like there's tons of D1 content coming up that'd get overshadowed...

What's the official D2 release window again? Holiday 17? (to be delayed to spring 18...). It's only one year out, a teaser soon wouldn't be too surprising, surely. Not like there's tons of D1 content coming up that'd get overshadowed...

I'd say there is zero chance of it coming later than Holiday 2017, actually I think there is a better chance of it coming sooner than that rather than later.

Still not convinced it will be a numbered title either.

Deku Tree

Not very likely though.

Someone told me on twitter a month ago that D2 would be shown at PSX but I wasn't sure if it was true. They asked me not to reveal their handle, this person has had both good and bad early info in the past. I told people on discord about it. But I treat it as a major rumor. If D2 is coming Fall 2017 then it doesn't make sense to me that they would do a reveal at PSX 2016. That seems too early to me. Kinda hard to believe.

EDIT2: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/801797830784512000

Strider

I was kinda hoping to start fresh, but if that's true, it makes sense.

Nothing Deej says in there suggests you still won't be "starting fresh" gear/progression wise.

Basically just means you're guardian will look the same.

Bungie has confirmed saying that yes, your progress will 100% carry over to the sequel.

This quote is heavily misleading based on the Deej quotes in the article.

Mindlog

Lots of people delete characters all the time. There's no real attachment imho. The attachment is to the grind that you dread starting over. Would never want to complete the exotic sword quests again if they remain going forward. I don't even remember what the faces of most of my characters look like.

The option of switching from PS4 to PC or Scorpio with all my grind intact would be welcome.

I'm thankful for pay2win pay2participate. And DGAF. And finishing black friday shopping while warm and comfortable, sipping coffee and talking with family :]

Bring on SRL.

Deku Tree

When was the Deej IGN interview from which they stole the quote? Weird that the article doesn't link to it. Makes me think this is a recycled old quote.

edit: yup the quote is from 2014

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/07/bungie-wants-player-progress-to-carry-over-to-destiny-sequel

http://www.gunnars.com/12071402/

Horrible click bait article xb1uk...

Great research - very bad on xb1uk!

i think 2014 was still in the "Deej says one thing and the bungie devs deliver another" so it's almost certainly wrong, as well as out of date.

Question for the math gaffers. As a sunsinger, whats the best build to help maximize damage on aksis p2?

Touch of flame + viking funeral is a given but what about gear and grenades?

Fusion + starfire?
Fusion + praxic?
Solar + sunbreakers?
Solar + praxic?

Also, pop radiance and spam nades or just throw 2 and go with a weapon?

Thanks

Question for the math gaffers. As a sunsinger, whats the best build to help maximize damage on aksis p2?

Touch of flame + viking funeral is a given but what about gear and grenades?

Fusion + starfire?
Fusion + praxic?
Solar + sunbreakers?
Solar + praxic?

Also, pop radiance and spam nades or just throw 2 and go with a weapon?

Thanks

Starfire + fusion, throw as many nades as possible, switch to weapons after radiance runs out

That includes last rotation when everybody goes crazy with dark drinker?

Thanks btw!

I'd be interested in the maths too. A DD is doing 500k in final phase (with tether and bubble) so if you've got 3 or 4 you're adding 15 percent of say 2 mil which is 300k PLUS the damage from the grenades themselves and the burn.

If you've got a DD yourself you might be better off using it, but if not then it's a decent buff you're doing.

Im assuming that the super lasts for the whole phase. In reality it doesn't so I'm sort of assuming that the buff you lose for part of the phase is about the same as the extra damage you could do yourself, post super.

I'd be interested in the maths too. A DD is doing 500k in final phase (with tether and bubble) so if you've got 3 or 4 you're adding 15 percent of say 2 mil which is 300k PLUS the damage from the grenades themselves and the burn.

If you've got a DD yourself you might be better off using it, but if not then it's a decent buff you're doing.

Im assuming that the super lasts for the whole phase. In reality it doesn't so I'm sort of assuming that the buff you lose for part of the phase is about the same as the extra damage you could do yourself, post super.

Maybe use nade spam one the first 2 damage phases and alternate between nades and dd on last phase... not sure.

Top Bottom