• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

lunlunqq

Anyone available for some help on exotic sword quests. I had all of them stuck for over a year now. I also have the shield brothers quest. Anyone of these would be appreciated.

Anyone available for some help on exotic sword quests. I had all of them stuck for over a year now. I also have the shield brothers quest. Anyone of these would be appreciated.

What part are you on, the final strike to kill alak hul and the other thing within 30 seconds?

Also, which exotic sword..

lunlunqq

What part are you on, the final strike to kill alak hul and the other thing within 30 seconds?

Also, which exotic sword..

Yes, the final part where we have to kill the two within 30s. I have all 3 stuck on this last step. I'm thinking about maybe do the dark drinker first since I heard it's more useful in the raid.

Hey Destiny Gaf - If anyone wants to answer some total noob questions....

I bought the Taken King edition of Destiny about a month ago to jump in for the first time. I've finished all the vanilla Destiny story missions along with the first 2 expansions (dark below/house of wolves). I just started The Taken King Story missions. I've also played a handful of crucible matches and did a bunch of the Strikes.

I'm at level 40 now and light level 233. It look like I'll need to start getting Legendary Marks so I can buy gear to advance my light level. I saw online I can do a daily heroic strike to get 15 Legendary Marks, but the light level suggestion is way above mine. Should I just keep playing the story missions and hope to find better and better gear that way? Am I doing this wrong?

Any advice to point me in the right direction would be awesome.

Thanks!

Shiv47

Hey Destiny Gaf - If anyone wants to answer some total noob questions....

I bought the Taken King edition of Destiny about a month ago to jump in for the first time. I've finished all the vanilla Destiny story missions along with the first 2 expansions (dark below/house of wolves). I just started The Taken King Story missions. I've also played a handful of crucible matches and did a bunch of the Strikes.

I'm at level 40 now and light level 233. It look like I'll need to start getting Legendary Marks so I can buy gear to advance my light level. I saw online I can do a daily heroic strike to get 15 Legendary Marks, but the light level suggestion is way above mine. Should I just keep playing the story missions and hope to find better and better gear that way? Am I doing this wrong?

Any advice to point me in the right direction would be awesome.

Thanks!
Just finish all the story missions, that will level you up on its own. You can play crucible and the strike playlist that scales to your current light level to level up as well.

Just wow. This game is dead in Europe. Clash this morning was 4v4 against same people regardless of how long I left between joining matchmaking. Just spent 6 minutes in orbit waiting for a game of control. Which is the daily! I think it's time for me to put this game away and find a new mp game as this is unbearable. Taking 20 mins to do one 9 minute match is not fun

Lima

Just wow. This game is dead in Europe. Clash this morning was 4v4 against same people regardless of how long I left between joining matchmaking. Just spent 6 minutes in orbit waiting for a game of control. Which is the daily! I think it's time for me to put this game away and find a new mp game as this is unbearable. Taking 20 mins to do one 9 minute match is not fun

SBMM

Make a new account. Full lobby in seconds. Always different people. Until you have played enough games and SBMM kicks back in. Bungie is full of shit.

Tjamato88

Hey is anyone available to do a mic test with me? I got my brother's spare headset but he wasn't sure the mic worked so can someone hop on and try it out with me?

PSN is TJ_Electronica

SBMM

Make a new account. Full lobby in seconds. Always different people. Until you have played enough games and SBMM kicks back in. Bungie is full of shit.

Unfortunately getting rid of SBMM is only a temporary fix. The bottom 10% who get stomped each match will leave...and then the next 10% will get stomped all the time and they will leave...and so on.

I've posted on this topic before but Bungie are basically trying to minimise player losses by deciding on who they annoy and by how much. With a rapidly shrinking player pool there is only so much they can do.

Unfortunately getting rid of SBMM is only a temporary fix. The bottom 10% who get stomped each match will leave...and then the next 10% will get stomped all the time and they will leave...and so on.

I've posted on this topic before but Bungie are basically trying to minimise player losses by deciding on who they annoy and by how much. With a rapidly shrinking player pool there is only so much they can do.

Perhaps add more substantive content? I'm sure they made some nice scratch off of Festival of the Lost as well as all the other microtransactions.

I know we are discussing PvP but I was struggling to find people for strikes. I had one time where it hit like 5+ minutes before finding a 2nd and then slightly longer before it launched the strike (and then after landing the 2nd quit). Maybe it's because I wasn't doing the heroic strike playlist but I'm already 385 so the only higher light gear from heroic strikes would be the end chests which require keys that I heard have a better chance of dropping in the 320 light list.

stn

Any XBL'ers want to make a clan? I have myself and a friend interested in either creating or joining. We both have mics and enjoy chatting and playing.

Really don't think sbmm exists at the minute because the player pool is so low. Every match I've played today has had people go 2-5kdr and people on other end go 0.2-0.5

I just need one more win for my final exotic class item and pvp in this game can be ignored until more than just sweaty hard-core pvpers are around.

Is there a problem with playing Destiny on the same connection? I have a Pro/Slim in the living room with me and my wife playing on each and we seemed to get disconnected a lot. Wondering if this is purely a connection issue, something I can adjust or what, it's pretty annoying.

Also, I started her off with a warlock but switched to Titan because of the defense as she gets acclimated to controls. I guess going through all the story modes should be enough for her to get a hang of it. Is there a general way for her to level/armor that allows her to take more damage from enemies, I basically want her to be a tank.

Also I stopped at level 28 in vanilla, all of my exotic guns are now pretty much useless? lol...Leveling up some cool stuff, we have to get new exotics now or can we continue to level up our old favorites?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm avoiding a lot of streams like the plague. Don't plan on playing FFXV any time soon and everybody is streaming it.

There are less than 10 on my list playing Destiny and three of those people I'm playing with.

HigXx

Whats the best way to rack up Ability kills on my Defender Titan for Dark Drinker? I dont think the Hilt Melee option works anymore

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think the artifacts, namely skorri is making the game more campy than ever. Find spot, build supers, use them, repeat for next five rounds to win. Seems to be a common strategy now for many teams. They should take them out for stuff like trials.

vctor182

So gunplay in Titanfall is very simple.. pilots have 100 hp, guns like ARs do 25 dmg in their optimal ranges and then drop to 10 after that. There's no cone where the bullet will go depending of how narrow or wide it is... just aim at the pilot and shot. I'm seeing players practically sniping with SMGs. While that is currently a breath of fresh air for me thanks to Destiny's complicated/hard to understand hit registration it has several flaws that I know I'm going to get tired of and eventually return here. For example, an AR has an optimal range of 35 meters, if you are 35.1 meters away from your target you will do 10 dmg per bullet, take a single step closer and you do 25 dmg, this doesn´t happen on Destiny (if I ever manage to land a bullet of an AR from that distance ha!) and I like that the damage drop off is scaled, it's just the stupid cone thing that makes you wonder where the bullets go even in the intended range.

sajj316

Ran into this twice while doing challenge mode where he teleports for final DPS before the team completes the super charges. Any tips or strategies for that or is this a legit issue?

Sorry if covered already

Mindlog

Ran into this twice while doing challenge mode where he teleports for final DPS before the team completes the super charges. Any tips or strategies for that or is this a legit issue?

Sorry if covered already
Yell at everybody to be sure no one damages him with anything until after the supercharge happens :]

I've been on a few teams where we get super paranoid about it and 'remind' each other over and over lol. All part of the fun. By now DPS isn't really an issue so doing less, but making sure you complete the challenge mode objective is more important if that is what you are going for.

sajj316

Yell at everybody to be sure no one damages him with anything until after the supercharge happens :]

I've been on a few teams where we get super paranoid about it and 'remind' each other over and over lol. All part of the fun. By now DPS isn't really an issue so doing less, but making sure you complete the challenge mode objective is more important if that is what you are going for.

Lovely DPS management .. the new wrinkle in raids. At what percentage (roughly) do you scale back the damage and wait for the 3rd slam? Super charge is the most important objective yes but you don't want to under DPS and go to another cycle and shanks and servitors.

Kalamari

Hey Bungie, hardly anyone is playing this week, if you drop the Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel PDX 45 this Armsday, people might come back to the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games Igor and Wicked. Those were some intense but some fun matches. Not like in regular crucible where I can just cruise control.

Don't leave me alone.

bhghghghgh.gif

Hey Bungie, hardly anyone is playing this week, if you drop the Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel PDX 45 this Armsday, people might come back to the game.

*table flip*

Not when I bought the near god roll a few weeks back and they refuse to sell another package.

Lovely DPS management .. the new wrinkle in raids. At what percentage (roughly) do you scale back the damage and wait for the 3rd slam? Super charge is the most important objective yes but you don't want to under DPS and go to another cycle and shanks and servitors.

Just to be clear, you DONT have to do all 3 supercharges in a damage phase. I've been in a team where he teleported during the second damage phase and we got the challenge.

You DO have to supercharge every time he teleports. There is an edge case where he can teleport (any of them, first, second, or third) and people shoot him BEFORE the super charge (and therefore before the slam) causing him to teleport back on his podium for final stand.

That will fail you the challenge.

So the general rule is to not shoot him until the supercharge comes in and his back is slammed. You DONT have to deliberately slow down to induce the 3rd damage phase.

YomommaZ

Would anyone be interested in running CE for the Guardian Lord some time this week?

I'm also gonna poke around on discord later on to see if there's any interest.

Top Bottom