• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Wrath of the Machine on Normal. PS4. At 9pm GMT (London time)/4pm EST

1. WakizashiM (me)
2. gunawi
3. HigXx

Gunawi, HigX and I are doing it for the Outbreak Prime quest. We can do the monitors if some of you can handle the numbers.

Is there a problem with playing Destiny on the same connection? I have a Pro/Slim in the living room with me and my wife playing on each and we seemed to get disconnected a lot. Wondering if this is purely a connection issue, something I can adjust or what, it's pretty annoying.

Also, I started her off with a warlock but switched to Titan because of the defense as she gets acclimated to controls. I guess going through all the story modes should be enough for her to get a hang of it. Is there a general way for her to level/armor that allows her to take more damage from enemies, I basically want her to be a tank.

Also I stopped at level 28 in vanilla, all of my exotic guns are now pretty much useless? lol...Leveling up some cool stuff, we have to get new exotics now or can we continue to level up our old favorites?

There is a known issue with people playing on the same network. This is the last update I could find from Bungie on it, some steps here might help!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/210716770?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=0

When it comes to tanking up, a Titan with subclass armor upgrades is about as tough as it gets. It's just a matter of levelling up your subclass and picking whatever boosts your armor. Defender or Striker would be best. Then again, Warlocks have self-res...

You can also equip a chest piece that boosts armor for your subclass.

Your year 1 exotics can't be upgraded to Year 2 light levels so they won't get you very far, but any exotic you have from Y1 will unlock its Y2 equivalent (if one exists) at the Exotic Weapon Kiosk in the tower.

rulerk1

Hi I'm hella late but just bought this game! Such fun I feel like XBX has helped prepare me for this since some of it is similar but it's an easy UI to see.

When I coop missions with randoms they rarely do the objective are there multiple missions on one planet?

Psn: rulerk1. Feel free to add. I'm free when playing so send an invite whenever

Sky Walker

I was looking after a keystone01 with great roll but I got a Hero Formula with firefly and outlaw from an engram. Not the archetype I'm looking for but still, It's a fun weapon to use for clearing adds.

There is a known issue with people playing on the same network. This is the last update I could find from Bungie on it, some steps here might help!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/210716770?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=0

When it comes to tanking up, a Titan with subclass armor upgrades is about as tough as it gets. It's just a matter of levelling up your subclass and picking whatever boosts your armor. Defender or Striker would be best. Then again, Warlocks have self-res...

You can also equip a chest piece that boosts armor for your subclass.

Your year 1 exotics can't be upgraded to Year 2 light levels so they won't get you very far, but any exotic you have from Y1 will unlock its Y2 equivalent (if one exists) at the Exotic Weapon Kiosk in the tower.
Nice nice....tks a lot man...I figured it was something with being on the same network. So far, i've set my network to wifi and kept my wife on LAN, and we didn't get a single connection drop the entire session last night, I'll look into disabling NAT acceleration as well.

Looks like she's on the right path then, she's already having a much better time with her Hammer super and generally being able to take more damage. I have a level 28 Hunter and I thought they were spongy compared to Titans but man are Warlocks death bound lol, they definitely need that resurrection skill lol.

Still haven't decided what class I'm going to use the items on to automatically get to level 40 yet....hmmm...

Is there a problem with playing Destiny on the same connection? I have a Pro/Slim in the living room with me and my wife playing on each and we seemed to get disconnected a lot. Wondering if this is purely a connection issue, something I can adjust or what, it's pretty annoying.

It was a problem in my house on XBone; seems to have fixed itself for us after a patch or two. For a while I had my XBox DHCP a public address while hers kept the static NAT I'd set up when we first got it. Now mine is behind the router too, but DHCP. If I give the XBox a minute of alone time after it boots up, UPnP seems to get the ports forwarded for party chat etc and then I fire up Destiny and everything works.

Also, I started her off with a warlock but switched to Titan because of the defense as she gets acclimated to controls. I guess going through all the story modes should be enough for her to get a hang of it. Is there a general way for her to level/armor that allows her to take more damage from enemies, I basically want her to be a tank.

Defender and striker titans can have max armour (health) without exotics, but voidwalker warlock has the easiest health regeneration builds through grenade/super kills/melee damage. Have to unlock the last three subclass perks to make it work, though. The Ram exotic hat makes it especially tough.

Wrath of the Machine on Normal. PS4. At 9pm GMT (London time)/4pm EST

1. WakizashiM (me)
2. gunawi
3. HigXx

Gunawi, HigX and I are doing it for the Outbreak Prime quest. We can do the monitors if some of you can handle the numbers.

edit: we can do it on hard if most of you are high-level (and I suspect you are, gunawi and HighXx are both 400). I'm 366 though.

rulerk1

okay this was weird. I was trying to do a mission but an area was blocked off because it was "corrupted by fallen". Outside me and my squad were engaged in fighting these ghost like creatures, the normal enemies, and a warlock that all spawned inside a cave. There as some big ghost shooting black energy balls too. I just left to complete my mission since it wasnt ending anytime soon

What was that because googling only gives me Lore notes.....

stay gold

So, is Destiny dead again? Honestly, if it weren't for PvP and Prison of Elders I probably wouldn't play as much as I do.

I've even become bored of PVP recently, to the point I'd rather play the absolute trash that is Infinite Warfare. I assume there'll be a balance patch at some point this month, they really need to get it right if they want people to stick around.

SpecX

okay this was weird. I was trying to do a mission but an area was blocked off because it was "corrupted by fallen". Outside me and my squad were engaged in fighting these ghost like creatures, the normal enemies, and a warlock that all spawned inside a cave. There as some big ghost shooting black energy balls too. I just left to complete my mission since it wasnt ending anytime soon

What was that because googling only gives me Lore notes.....

It's a Taken public event going on like the other style events. Taken lieutenants will spawn and you need to kill them (I believe 3-4 in total), this then spawns a Taken Champion which is pretty much a mini boss you will need to take out to complete the event. These happen all over in their designated areas like public events, though I mostly see them appear on Mars more than anywhere else.

I've even become bored of PVP recently, to the point I'd rather play the absolute trash that is Infinite Warfare. I assume there'll be a balance patch at some point this month, they really need to get it right if they want people to stick around.

Honestly a balance patch still won't be enough for me to return. I've lost the addiction to this game and it's mostly due to a lot of great games releasing and lack of content at this point. RoI was amazing, but way too short and I was hoping they would have more surprises like the IB new character reveal, but they don't. Destiny 2 needs to start showing itself and I'm not sure it can wait till Fall 2017 at this rate unless there some big content releases planned for Destiny. At this point, it needs a Spring 2017 release which I know won't happen.

rulerk1

It's a Taken public event going on like the other style events. Taken lieutenants will spawn and you need to kill them (I believe 3-4 in total), this then spawns a Taken Champion which is pretty much a mini boss you will need to take out to complete the event. These happen all over in their designated areas like public events, though I mostly see them appear on Mars more than anywhere else.

Interesting hope I run into another one! It was fun but never ending almost.

SpecX

Interesting hope I run into another one! It was fun but never ending almost.

They can be extremely fun with a group to help DPS the Champion. The key is when you see the note on the screen about a lieutenant appearing, track it down and kill it quick. The longer you wait to kill the lieutenants, the less time you have in the event and the event will actually end early if you neglect killing the lieutenants.

Top Bottom