• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Waldini

Damn.

In 7 weeks ... the playerbase in Trials of Osiris (PS4 + XBOX One) has shrunk ... a ton.

On Trials report it shows a small number of 363,660 Accounts, who participated in ToO the last weekend (Asylum).

* 418,610 (Rusted Lands)
* 436,072 (First Light)
* 538,299 (The Anomaly, Spooky Trials)
* 622,912 (The Cauldron, Spooky Trials)
* 627,336 (Burning Shrine)
* 711,450 (Twilight Gap - 7 weeks ago)

That's a decrease of 300.000 players.

Bungie, take note.
I wonder when the elite PvP players will start to complain about the amount of sweat. Always felt strange to me. 2K doesn't mind wiping the floor with 1K Guardians and get that sweet Flawless loot. But when a 1K Guardian complains, he needs to shut up about it and get gut. That ... that's not how it should work Bungo

HigXx

A year on people still dont know how to do the last bloody step of the Sword Quest.

All 3 of the same Sword as well!!!!!

GlamFM

Banned
Damn.

In 7 weeks ... the playerbase in Trials of Osiris (PS4 + XBOX One) has shrunk ... a ton.

On Trials report it shows a small number of 363,660 Accounts, who participated in ToO the last weekend (Asylum).

* 418,610 (Rusted Lands)
* 436,072 (First Light)

Bungie, take note.
I wonder when the elite PvP players will start to complain about the amount of sweat. Always felt strange to me. 2K doesn't mind wiping the floor with 1K Guardians and get that sweet Flawless loot. But when a 1K Guardian complains, he needs to shut up about it and get gut. That ... that's not how it should work Bungo

It´s all of Destiny, really. Could not get a Raid going yesterday. ON RESET DAY.

Even LFG is dead.

It´s over.

Damn.

* 418,610 (Rusted Lands)
* 436,072 (First Light)

Hey - good post. I scrolled through the trials report numbers a little while ago to get a sense of what happens. It's worth noting that through most of summer year 2, when there wasn't a lot on, account numbers per weekend were around 330k-430k depending on map etc.

So I think what will be really interesting to watch is whether this current 400k or so continues, possibly indefinitely based on year 2, or if it shrinks further to say 300k and then 200k.

I played Crucible during a week day recently and it looked like we were at the shallow end of the pool. Majority of players were lagging, some were bad like me and some were Trials-flawless good. 2 or 3 times the match was split up to find better teams...only to reform the exact same 12 players.

I played Crucible during a week day recently and it looked like we were at the shallow end of the pool. Majority of players were lagging, some were bad like me and some were Trials-flawless good. 2 or 3 times the match was split up to find better teams...only to reform the exact same 12 players.

Same happened to me earlier in the week. Teams got broke up to be put into same group. Same guy was finishing every match with 3+ kdr and if you were on his team you won. At the opposite end there were people getting 0.25 consistently. Add in the red bars and I couldn't see CBMM or SBMM in effect. We were literally the only people doing the daily crucible at that time.

Last night was the first time since destiny release that my clan scrapped a raid team together. Normally we are off and running at 8pm. Last night it was 10pm. This is after recruiting a few new players as well.

There are a lot of good games out and I've found myself looking at TF2 and BF1 and being tempted. Even CoD. I will come back to destiny for pve stuff. But there is no way im hanging around in pvp as it isn't fun to be destroyed by people who are on a whole different level of skill.

Haven't raided at all this month, love this casual play style of Destiny "after hours". I log in 2-3 times a week and work on just random minor stuff, like just finished getting the exotic cloak on my third character, would just do the weekly heroic 3x a week so it took 4 weeks to finish that part of the quest. Still working on the last item of my progress book, 10 hard mode story missions, I only do 1-2 a week so its taken a while.

Its interesting seeing all the streamers who used to stream destiny 100% spread out into so many different games right now - division, doom, overwatch, and of course ff15/watch dogs 2/etc. Bet a lot of them return for SRL though.

Speaking of year 1 rarity, wonder how many people still fly around in "Chasing Infinity" besides me.

Ended up getting it in my first QW package with RoI and have been using it ever since. Grinded so much during that one QW event and never got it so extremely happy I got it now. I did have the full set of armor though.

Played FFXV for a few hours today and missed Destiny the whole time. Destiny's gameplay is just sublime - it has kind of ruined me for other games.

What am I supposed to do with my marks post 390 again?

Also, I'm playing more since RoI came out than I have since year one. But apparently nobody else around here is? I'd love to run Nightfall or the raid. I haven't done the latter at all yet.

What am I supposed to do with my marks post 390 again?

Also, I'm playing more since RoI came out than I have since year one. But apparently nobody else around here is? I'd love to run Nightfall or the raid. I haven't done the latter at all yet.
I just buy weapon engrams hoping for god rolls.

DGAF was hopping until about two weeks ago. I'm guessing most of us hit LL 400 and the drive to play ebbed a bit.

That said, it is possible to get a group together; just takes a bit of luck and patience.

Dez_

Crucible is a shitshow, half of every team is a red bar

I have to wonder what the current Destiny population is like right now. I would like to pop back in from time to time to run a few crucible matches, but then I think about the whole red bar thing and realize I'm totally fine with sticking to some other games right now.

I'll most likely come back for a bit with SRL. Hope there's at least another track to race on. I enjoyed it last year, at least, and still have my racing gear ready to go.

Top Bottom