• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

IB confirmed for next week? Would be awesome if SRL launched the week after as that's when my Christmas leave starts
I think SRL will launch on the 6th. There's server maintenance today which usually precedes an update/patch. PSX is this weekend which is when they'll be showing it off. It will most likely launch right after that.

Iirc, last year Bungie said that SRL being live caused a lot of strain on regular cruicible so it wouldnt surprise me if IB was pushed back a bit. If it is coming next week we should know later today from TWAB.

Dez_

If I do end up returning for IB, I feel like I'm going to spend more time trying to jump along walls out of habit thanks to Titanfall 2. Bungie needs to make that happen with some exotic boots or something.

spyder_ur

maintenance today: https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/804338271564107776

no IB announced on Bungie's front page, which appears to have not been updated in a while anyway.

If they do SRL next week, maybe they'll skip December IB?

I've noticed that events bar on bungie.net basically never updates. Still has October's events up there and nothing except this weekend's Trials in terms of upcoming events. Sadly, it's pretty illustrative of the state of the game at the moment.

E92 M3

Is TF2 much changed from the beta? I loved the original but the beta disappointed me to the point the game completely fell off my radar, I keep seeing people say how great it is though...

Very much changed and they even released free DLC a couple days ago with Angel City. Also free weekend coming up. Try it out!

I think SRL will launch on the 6th. There's server maintenance today which usually precedes an update/patch. PSX is this weekend which is when they'll be showing it off. It will most likely launch right after that.

Iirc, last year Bungie said that SRL being live caused a lot of strain on regular cruicible so it wouldnt surprise me if IB was pushed back a bit. If it is coming next week we should know later today from TWAB.

Even with server maintenance we need the patch for SRL and bungle tend to release those a few days before reset so those red bar warriors can download it on their 56k modems in time for reset. I can see them announcing SRL at psx. But whether it launches this next reset or the one after is 50/50.

I remember last year they delayed IB till the start of Jan just as SRL ended.

BLCKATK

Speaking of TF2, Bungie could learn a bit from that campaign. Outside of the cinematic nature that wouldn't really function with the rigid design they've stuck themselves with (the fact that story missions must take place in accessible open world locations), the character interaction alone would make Destiny way more engaging. A good example would be in Titanfall's campaign, other pilots show up for 1 or 2 missions and they interact with you and fight with you, god, if Destiny had guardians like Shiro or Saladin come on a story mission for a setpiece instead of just talking to you over radio that would be godsend.

Is the only way to get a Y2 dregs promise from running COE or can you get it from 41 POE?

Challenge of Elders is the only way, and they only drop at 335 max. This week is a good week for farming, though. Primary Damage is favored, so if you take in a good scout, Memory of Skorri and a Titan with Weapons of Light, you'll breeze through these bosses in a minute or two.

Even with server maintenance we need the patch for SRL and bungle tend to release those a few days before reset so those red bar warriors can download it on their 56k modems in time for reset. I can see them announcing SRL at psx. But whether it launches this next reset or the one after is 50/50.

I remember last year they delayed IB till the start of Jan just as SRL ended.
They don't need a whole week to release a patch.

The patch will come on Monday/early Tuesday like they always do. SRL will probably go live at 10am bungie time/1pm EST.

Ambitious

Is the only way to get a Y2 dregs promise from running COE or can you get it from 41 POE?

CoE only.

Challenge of Elders is the only way, and they only drop at 335 max. This week is a good week for farming, though. Primary Damage is favored, so if you take in a good scout, Memory of Skorri and a Titan with Weapons of Light, you'll breeze through these bosses in a minute or two.

It's the last PoE exotic I'm still missing, so I could run a few rounds later if you want.

Currently taking a break from Destiny but with this weekend being the VGAs and PSX, I'm hoping to hear at least something from Bungie regarding the next year of Destiny.

It doesn't need to be substantial (like an all new Raid, even though I would love new PVE content). But something interesting enough to pull me back in. I'd like them to say something like "it's time to go back" and release updated hard modes for old raids (Pure conjecture... a wish that will never come true).

What would DGAF like to hear this weekend that is Destiny-related?

Currently taking a break from Destiny but with this weekend being the VGAs and PSX, I'm hoping to hear at least something from Bungie regarding the next year of Destiny.

It doesn't need to be substantial (like an all new Raid, even though I would love new PVE content). But something interesting enough to pull me back in. I'd like them to say something like "it's time to go back" and release updated hard modes for old raids (Pure conjecture... a wish that will never come true).

Vault expansion is all I want.

Best case scenario we will get a destiny 2 teaser. Nothing else.

Mindlog

I want ultra-challenge mode.
Trials/Iron-Banner for solo PvE. This would be the bridge to level 42 versions of all the old raids.

Week 1: Take down the Templar in Vault of Glass solo.

darthbob

I want ultra-challenge mode.
Trials/Iron-Banner for solo PvE. This would be the bridge to level 42 versions of all the old raids.

Week 1: Take down the Templar in Vault of Glass solo.

Devil's advocate mode engaged: Content like this is really only approachable for the 0.1% of players and due to that probably isn't worth it for Bungie to spend time on.

Take a look at the trophy statistics for the current hardest PvE content and you'll see what I mean. :/

Deku Tree

Devil's advocate mode engaged: Content like this is really only approachable for the 0.1% of players and due to that probably isn't worth it for Bungie to spend time on.

Take a look at the trophy statistics for the current hardest PvE content and you'll see what I mean. :/

TWAB?

Deku Tree

Probably gonna start right after IB due to both of them not being able to be in the Director at once before.

It'll be the point I jump back in. I've been grinding Rock Band for the past month.

If no SRL next week, then what is Bungie going to be talking about at PSX?

S
R
L
kVLoXey.jpg

GhaleonEB

More Live team goodies (maybe), Destiny 2 teaser (probably not). SRL probably right after IB so they'll show that.

I'm hoping for PvE combat racing.

Edit: there it is. I hope SRL is on regular rotation, like IB.

Deku Tree

Remember a year ago when Bungie told us that the much sweater crucible matches after the SRL patch was because most people were playing SRL?
And not because of SBMM.

Dalek

I'm playing classic Crucible playlists to farm a decent Eyasluna. I just got one with
Relentless Tracker
Hand Loaded/Smallbore/High Caliber Rounds
Mulligan

Pretty shit right? Mulligan is not a good perk for this.

Top Bottom