• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Thanks! Good to know there's still an incentive to that activity. I'lll start running it since Dreg's Promise is super fun to use.

Would 3 of Coins have any affect to increase its drop rate or it's all RNG?

It's all RNG, but 3 of Coins works for each of the 3 bosses that you have to face. With the right modifiers, it's a super easy farm. They're pretty generous when it comes to dealing out the event specific exotics, though. I had about 3 or 4 of each of them before I cleared out the vault.

You can also get the House Judgement weapons by ranking up with Variks, and the Queen's Weapons/Prison of Elders armor for doing the weekly Elder's Sigil.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm seeing people wearing Iron Breed gear.
Are these post game drops? Bounty rewards?
That was my favorite set of IB armour back in year 1.

X-Frame

Btw the new Year 3 weapon perk trees are just amazing to me.

3 columns each with 2 choices really allows for much better overall rolls. Year 2 having 1 or 2 perks with no option is an auto-shard but not necessarily with Year 3.

Wait you don't have to use it to get kills for the quest? I've been using it the entire match. What does the quest lead too anyway?

It just has to be equipped for any kills/deaths to count. During Sparrow Racing last year people knocked it out then. Leads to the Chaperone, an exotic shotgun that fires slugs instead of buckshot.

Is there a way to get the Black Spindel anymore or just Xur?

Not Xür; from running the Taken King Lost to Light story mission on heroic difficulty and doing the secret/alternate ending.

SkylineRKR

Spindle quest works from Lost to Light on the Moon on Heroic. Its a joy to try it solo, too bad there isn't a checkpoint in front of the ketch. Hate the first part of it.

Vic_Viper

You can run the Spindle quest at anytime now, so it's definitely still obtainable. The name of the strike escapes me at the moment, but you select it from the directory & put the difficulty on hard.

Is it soloable now? Can you use the self revive super?

I'm seeing people wearing Iron Breed gear.
Are these post game drops? Bounty rewards?
That was my favorite set of IB armour back in year 1.

Yeah, I've seen some items drop post-match, mostly class items. They seem pretty rare , though. You can also buy Dusty Iron Engrams from Saladin which decrypt into Legacy Iron Banner gear with a LL of 3.

The engrams cost 5 Silver Dust. I got some boots from the one I decrypted.

Deku Tree

It totally sucks that you have to equips your highest light gear while turning in IB bounties. I didn't realize this the first one and I tried to put some exp into my alt gear and then I got a low light piece from the first bounty.

Then equipping my high light gear while turning in the bounty means that the 5k exp from each bounty is totally wasted because my high light gear is maxed.

Nebula

Hey folks, just looking for two people to do the nightfall with on Xbox. Anyone willing to help a fellow guardian out?

How supers go from my end...

Me activating my super - instantly killed by two bullets

Me trying to kill someone in super - can't even bring down their shield after firing off two clips, shotguns, punch to the face, kick to the shin

:-(

Yeah, I don't know if Stormtrance got low-key nerfed, or if I'm playing much better players, but I can never go on streaks with it anymore unless I catch a whole lot of luck. I get shot out of it constantly now, or someone always has time to get off a Fist of Havoc (and there's always a Fist of Havoc). I'm at the point where I get about as many kills with Nova Bomb, and it's much safer.

It totally sucks that you have to equips your highest light gear while turning in IB bounties. I didn't realize this the first one and I tried to put some exp into my alt gear and then I got a low light piece from the first bounty.

Then equipping my high light gear while turning in the bounty means that the 5k exp from each bounty is totally wasted because my high light gear is maxed.

Honestly, I accepted a while ago that I just have to let go of stuff unless it's really special and use it for infusion fodder. Keep your main gear as your leading edge.

LiK

Well I wanted the HoW IB arms for Titan and since Silver Dust is the only way to get Dusty Iron Engrams from Saladin but I keep getting the same helmets and chests. So annoying, my luck is terrible.

Saladin is selling a "Dusty Iron engram" now in the iron Temple for the price of 5 silver dust, which decrypts into an infusable light level 3 version of previous iron banner gear.

Whoa, selling old gear for real cash? Genius or shall I say, devious.

Is it reasonable to try to have one legendary equipment item of every type? Or are they mostly all the same and I should just keep the ones of which I like the appearance?

Also, is there some database that shows every set of equipment of the game along with their items and how to obtain them? Google didn't turn up anything.

GreyWind

Whoa, selling old gear for real cash? Genius or shall I say, devious.

Shame on me for falling for it but yeah I just love how the HoW gear looks. If they wanted to charge money for old gear at least don't let us unlock the same thing more than twice.

Arrrammis

LL 3? Ugh. And I almost bought one.

It's the same system as the Spektar and taken sets from year 2. It comes at 3 light, and you can infuse it up to whatever level you want. There's always complaints about people being able to just buy stuff until they get a good perk roll, but I don't think that's too much of a problem, especially with how often gear is dropping in the current IB.

LiK

Shame on me for falling for it but yeah I just love how the HoW gear looks. If they wanted to charge money for old gear at least don't let us unlock the same thing more than twice.

I was wondering why I was seeing people with old IB gear in current IB. You're not alone.

Toki767

I need to get a better heavy weapon. Since IB isn't dropping them in post match rewards, is there a guaranteed one from a skeleton key somewhere?

DUMB question, I just jumped back in but have no idea where I left off or what I should be doing in the vanilla story (didn't make it far). The galaxy map doesn't seem to indicate what I've done or haven't done. Is there any way to tell?

Anyone else have trouble logging into XBL the last couple days? Couldn't sign in last night to get my IB fix. Hoping tonight goes a little better.

this alak hul sword strike with randoms

tumblr_n08pil5hdh1rd1krjk1.gif

I am getting very tired of the grind in ROI. I am 379 and my 373 ghost holds back all my drops. So all this work to level up a faction or more is useless because the gear dropping is 379-380 and nothing higher. The ways they have blocked your progression are so damn obvious too it is embarassing.

I am feeling Year 1 levels of fatigue and grind. I am probably going to be done with it soon. What a shitty way to end Destiny 1. Padded length via light level stop gaps and awful microtransactions.

I haven’t even started on my alts, while that was never the case in vanilla on. I would usually have all 3 ready for raiding and more. I am getting tired of these online gambling machines disguised as first person shooters and such.

I haven't. Have you tried resetting your router?

Didn't last night, will do so today. Everything else seemed good, so didn't immediately try it. Didn't help that I got home late, XBL was acting up for me, and I was in no mood to deal with tech problems after a full work day of it.

Saladin is selling a "Dusty Iron engram" now in the iron Temple for the price of 5 silver dust, which decrypts into an infusable light level 3 version of previous iron banner gear.
Anyone know if there's any way to get year 2 IB gear these days? These only give year 1 gear.

Someone always lands a fucking fist of havoc on me the second i activate it.
That's what Fist of Havoc is for :)

Didn't last night, will do so today. Everything else seemed good, so didn't immediately try it. Didn't help that I got home late, XBL was acting up for me, and I was in no mood to deal with tech problems after a full work day of it.
Also if you have your Xbox set to instant-on you'll want to try a full reboot as well by putting it into power saving mode and turning it off and back on.

GreyWind

Anyone know if there's any way to get year 2 IB gear these days? These only give year 1 gear.

That's what Fist of Havoc is for :)

Also if you have your Xbox set to instant-on you'll want to try a full reboot as well by putting it into power saving mode and turning it off and back on.

A friend of mine got Year 2 stuff but I've bought around 10 engrams and all I've gotten is HoW and vanilla helmets/chests. Only thing I wanted that I actually were the IB HoW legs.

What does your storage look like? Is it reasonable to try to have one legendary equipment item of every type? Or are they mostly all the same and I should just keep the ones of which I like the appearance?

Also, is there some database that shows every set of equipment of the game along with their items and how to obtain them? Google didn't turn up anything.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally woke up...

Was awake for 24 hours straight, played Destiny roughly for 20 hours

Then crashed, slept for 12 hours, still feel drowsy

1 v 1? or someone else have hit you and they cleaned you up? lol

It was just mop up kills, but i still let out an audible "Wait...what?" when it happened the first time.

Also, starting using Plan C as my main weapon awhile back and am regularly doing better in PVP overall. Love me some Plan C in Supremacy.

Top Bottom