• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You're not going to get boots as a post match reward. The boots drop from the bounties and quest rewards. The post-match loot table consists of whatever Lady Efrideet is selling, as well as ghosts, artifacts, shaders, emblems, sparrows and ships. I think there are some legacy class items, too.

Yeah, both armor bounties dropped 381 boots for me and then Rank 3 also dropped 381 boots.

If I get 381 boots at Rank 5 I am quitting Destiny forever.

*Forever = Until Destiny 2 comes out.

Hunter looking for a titan and warlock to work through the OP quest line. Any takers?

I want in but i wont be home until 6PM EST. I am a warlock.

Yeah, both armor bounties dropped 381 boots for me and then Rank 3 also dropped 381 boots.

If I get 381 boots at Rank 5 I am quitting Destiny forever.

*Forever = Until Destiny 2 comes out.

I want in but i wont be home until 6PM EST. I am a warlock.

I got boots for both bounties, too. I got a chest piece from the Rank 3. I'm hoping Rank 5 is a weapon. I really want the pulse.

lt519

Had 15 denies in a match we won by 1 yesterday (only went up to 110 too). Felt good. Most denies I've seen so far.

GlamFM

Banned
Sorry to hear that man. I can't stand it either, stresses me the hell out during something that should be stress-relief for me :(

the days of such talk are gone
OiRbt5o.png

Oh wow, I'm also back it seems .... ;)

So i need something better than the raid shotgun (even though it's pretty good) for IB. Where does a PvP noob like myself find these Matador 64 or Party Crashers etc.?

E92 M3

Besides some salt over how leveling works, I am very happy with ROI. I knew the HoW team would do a good job. They understand what makes Destiny fun. We still have some changes that need to be made (siva offerings should be even more common and stack) and MORE VAULT SPACE.

PLEASE Bungie give me more vault space. So much cool gear and I can't save it all.

PLEASE BUNGIE.

I will buy 100 emotes for more vault space.

Also, I love how my Warlock turned out:

AL8FzEb.png

noomi

Besides some salt over how leveling works, I am very happy with ROI. I knew the HoW team would do a good job. They understand what makes Destiny fun. We still have some changes that need to be made (siva offerings should be even more common and stack) and MORE VAULT SPACE.

PLEASE Bungie give me more vault space. So much cool gear and I can't save it all.

PLEASE BUNGIE.

I will buy 100 emotes for more vault space.

Also, I love how my Warlock turned out:

I'm pretty happy with RoI so far as well, more-so than with TTK even.

Vault space increased twice already and it's still not enough. I'm starved for space as well.

It would be great if they introduced armor vendors similar to exotic ones, where you could always have blueprints. This would save me a TON of vault space.

E92 M3

I'm pretty happy with RoI so far as well, more-so than with TTK even.

Vault space increased twice already and it's still not enough. I'm starved for space as well.

It would be great if they introduced armor vendors similar to exotic ones, where you could always have blueprints. This would save me a TON of vault space.

Yes, a raid vendor will help me a ton. I have a bunch of retro raid stuff.

Lima

Anybody actually ran into Randal? He's due for an asskicking.

Ran into him in the server room while everyone else was taking a bathroom break. Had to 1v1 him. It took full sword ammo with a 386 Raze Lighter to take him down. Son of a bitch can take some beating man.

They were for me yersterday... :/

I had the suspicion that yesterday weren't registering for me either, but I didn't look that much at the crucible portion of the record book so I didn't know for sure. I logged in today with the counter at 4, won 3 matches and the book is still at 4.

Yes, a raid vendor will help me a ton. I have a bunch of retro raid stuff.

Seconded.

The first auto rifle that dropped for me in IB is kinda great. It had braced frame and counterbalance. I also have the scout, which has been nice. I didn't like the hand cannon, so I infused it. I hope one of my other characters gets the pulse rifle.

You're not going to get boots as a post match reward. The boots drop from the bounties and quest rewards. The post-match loot table consists of whatever Lady Efrideet is selling, as well as ghosts, artifacts, shaders, emblems, sparrows and ships. I think there are some legacy class items, too.
Well I guess no boots for me. Thanks.

Clunker

The Iron Banner lmg is delicious to use - all of the weapons I've had drop are awesome looking in that janky, homebrewed, makeshift way, but the balance of RoF and sound is just perfect.

I've gone from 361 to 363 and steadily climbing thanks to IB - hoping it'll make raiding way more manageable, since at 361 I was getting thrown about even in Phase 1 of the final encounter.

The Iron bannar lmg is delicious to use - all of the weapons I've had drop are awesome looking in that janky, homebrewed, makeshift way, but the balance of RoF and sound is just perfect.
That lmg is so damn good. Each round that fires makes such a satisfying sound haha. It almost feels like the gun is shooting out spears instead of bullets.

It's the glorious return of a Jolder's Hammer godtier pvp lmg.

Play crucible pvp for RNG drops and the shaxx weekly bounties can reward these.

That lmg is so damn good. Each round that fires makes such a satisfying sound haha. It almost feels like the gun is shooting out spears instead of bullets.

It's the glorious return of a Jolder's Hammer godtier pvp lmg.

OOoooooo.... really hoping to get it soon... though it's going to have to be amazing to replace my Thunderlord or Nemesis Star. The Star is so underrated IMO... ability to be a high ROF low impact or low ROF high impact LMG depending on how you use your trigger finger. SO good.

Clunker

I can't get over how much I'm enjoying IB this year. Supremacy is so big and dumb in terms of people running and shotgunning all over the place - it's a glorious, furious mess, and slightly more held together than Mayhem Clash.

I had a couple of beers and unwound after work for hours last night just playing solo, and it reminded me of some of the best times playing Quake 2 with a dorm room floor back in college. <3

E92 M3

I can't get over how much I'm enjoying IB this year. Supremacy is so big and dumb in terms of people running and shotgunning all over the place - it's a glorious, furious mess, and slightly more held together than Mayhem Clash.

I had a couple of beers and unwound after work for hours last night just playing solo, and it reminded me of some of the best times playing Quake 2 with a dorm room floor back in college. <3

Absolutely, Supremacy is an absolute blast with friends. I love how quick the game is.

noomi

I used the word of Crota, but you are right - I should have gone full VoG + Atheons Epilogue

I used the House Of Wolves void handcannon, WoTM void shotty, and my old 170 attack void BTRD. Actually wasn't a terrible setup.

Ramirez

Glad to have IB rank 5 crossed off in my book... Got the pulse rifle, 2 sniper rifles and a bunch of armour now its back to PvE for this guardian.

Love how the Hunter Iron Lord set looks fully ornamented:

You throw Kotick a few bills for all those ornaments, or are they free once you rank the book up?

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Finally eventually got Rank 5 with Iron Banner. Got the LMG on the way, feels pretty nice. Hand-Laid Stock / Oiled Frame, Speed Reload / Snapshot, Counterbalance / Persistence.

Hand-Laid Stock seems like a lock in the first slot, but I'm not sure if Speed Reload is worth it and if I should go for Counterbalance or Persistence.

Also got the Fusion Rifle, But I think I like the Archon's Forge one better for PvE at least.

I'm nearing 370 now and feel like doing the Raid. Is there anyone who wants to take me along? I have not read up on any of the mechanics yet so I'd be going in blind, though I'd love to do the monitors too if possible...

So i need something better than the raid shotgun (even though it's pretty good) for IB. Where does a PvP noob like myself find these Matador 64 or Party Crashers etc.?

Matador comes from non-IB, non-Trials, current playlist PvP post-game and Shaxx weeklies (maybe rank-up packages?).

PC+1 comes from "legacy" PvP playlist post-game drops.

You could also do worse than the quest-reward CT-D from the TTK if you have one kicking around.

Dead Orbit's current shotgun is very much like the Matador so you could get a good one from a rank-up there. If you have nothing else, get the one the vendor is selling.

LiK

So far I hate every new LMG I've gotten from drops. I dunno why, but they don't feel good like with Y1 LMGs. Infusing or sharding most of them these days.

platocplx

Anyone liking the new IB Pulse. I think its great for pumping rushers with bullets.

But same time i have an absolutely insane hawksaw. That has Perfect Balance, Headseeker and Rifled Barrel.

Bold One

Dear Bungie,

There is something very wrong with the way characters interact with the geometry when they jump toward it. Very jarring and aggravating.

Please fix, either by science or magic.

Top Bottom