• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

platocplx

Obviously the higher the LL the better for Iron Banner, but at what Light Level would you say it's not even worth trying at all?

Id say anything under 355 is going to be a rough go. However if you are a lower light sticking with the team is the hugest thing and helping to team shoot can help a lot.

Shiv47

Hoping to join an IB train tonight, as the solo running is worthless. Every match last night was against pre-made teams. One game, my random team had a guy at 282 and another at 300. Should have just went to orbit immediately.

Will be starting a Xbox IB train in less than 1 hr. Might have a couple clanmates with me but there'll be some open spots!

GT Wesley S Shark

X-Frame

Anyone liking the new IB Pulse. I think its great for pumping rushers with bullets.

But same time i have an absolutely insane hawksaw. That has Perfect Balance, Headseeker and Rifled Barrel.

I got one last night but haven't tried it yet. I have no experience with the Grasp archetype so I'm excited to try it out.

Trakan

Absolutely, Supremacy is an absolute blast with friends. I love how quick the game is.

The funny thing is that most games I play end from time limit. 150 is too high for the score limit.

I also hope they tweak the amount of super gained from picking up crests. It's too much like mayhem. I love it otherwise though.

PuMa

The funny thing is that most games I play end from time limit. 150 is too high for the score limit.

I also hope they tweak the amount of super gained from picking up crests. It's too much like mayhem. I love it otherwise though.

Agree with both these points. It's enough that there are shotguns everywhere. Don't need supers every 10 seconds as well.

platocplx

I got one last night but haven't tried it yet. I have no experience with the Grasp archetype so I'm excited to try it out.

its pretty damn nice. def can melt people. My Roll was pretty damn good on it too

I got it with Perfect Balance/Injection Mold, High Caliber Rounds/Quickdraw, Headseeker/Outlaw

bold is what im running with.

rezn0r

So far I hate every new LMG I've gotten from drops. I dunno why, but they don't feel good like with Y1 LMGs. Infusing or sharding most of them these days.

Same, I wanted to try out new or at least other guns than the handful I clung to the past year but the Oryx machinegun has gotten infused up the whole way so far.

LiK

IB AR is okay. The one I have is super stable but Impact is so low that it takes straight up headshots to really quickly take down guys in IB. Probably gonna infuse the 368 LL one into my Zhalo when i dismantle some more Y1 exotics tonight. I'll keep the 366 LL for regular PVP and try it there.

platocplx

yeah the super train can get downright insane. I hope they do tweak that. 150 seems like a lot but games can swing wildly by 20 - 30 points easily since every kill =2 points a team gets 10 kills and picks up crests they can get 20 points easily and swing a game around. you could even be down 40 and chip away. So it all depends. I have hit some with time limits because some teams are way smarter about of denying crests so that adds a part to it.

They probably should add a point to denying crests to help games go faster as well or make a denial take points away from the other team.

lt519

All this talk of new LMGs and no love for Nemesis Star. I know it takes up an exotic but the thing shreds as well.

Is the Titan sunbreaker super OP or is there an effective way of stopping them other than another super/magically coordinating randoms to try to shoot him at once?

ch4fx_

Is the Titan sunbreaker super OP or is there an effective way of stopping them other than another super/magically coordinating randoms to try to shoot him at once?

You can pretty easily counter with another super like the Titan smash, Hunters golden gun, or the Warlocks nova bomb.

Other than that,
run

PS - a teather will strip/cancel hammers, storm caller, & blade dancer.

Certainly not as OP as the bladedancer and bug zapper.

:]

C3SczCT.gif

Vic_Viper

How does the Joy Holliday quest work for the Last Word? Says you have to get kills with it to increase your standing with the crucible but the bar goes down it seems like. Do I have to get all the kills with it in one match?

spyder_ur

I thought supers felt like they were getting refilled faster. I had no idea you got energy from picking up crests. Once you get halfway through the match, you might not be killed by anything but Supers. Maybe I'll try suppressors tonight.

I kind of like the mode, but it's just so limiting. So many shotguns, and I've played very few games that were competitive at all. It tends to snowball.

Raven117

You can pretty easily counter with another super like the Titan smash, Hunters golden gun, or the Warlocks nova bomb.

Other than that,
run

PS - a teather will strip/cancel hammers, storm caller, & blade dancer.

Hitting a well placed tether shot either in pve or in pvp (cancelling a super), is sublime.

Dreg's Promise. I will always challenge a Super if I have that gun equipped because I know I can win that fight. You might trade with them sometimes, but whatever keeps the rest of the team safe.

Highest-impact snipers (Black Spindle, Devil Dawn, Event Horizon) or high-impact with barrel mods to increase impact (Stillpiercer, But Not Forgotten) can head shot them.

Defender's anti-fun grenade (Suppression).

How does the Joy Holliday quest work for the Last Word? Says you have to get kills with it to increase your standing with the crucible but the bar goes down it seems like. Do I have to get all the kills with it in one match?

Kills, killstreaks, and wins make it go up, deaths and loses make it go down. KD of 1.0 is not enough to get it done. Cheese it by equipping TLW only prior to using a roaming super, take if off when finished. Equip it just before winning and hiding.

Do you still get it from an exotic quest given out by the level 34 Prison of Elders? (Or something...can't remember)

Drops randomly after a Challenge of Elders match. Dreg's Promise, Queenbreaker's Bow and Lord of Wolves are all CoE specific exotics.

You can also get CoE class items and a ghost to drop randomly, too.

PuMa

How supers go from my end...

Me activating my super - instantly killed by two bullets

Me trying to kill someone in super - can't even bring down their shield after firing off two clips, shotguns, punch to the face, kick to the shin

:-(

Drops randomly after a Challenge of Elders match. Dreg's Promise, Queenbreaker's Bow and Lord of Wolves are all CoE specific exotics.

You can also get CoE class items and a ghost to drop randomly, too.

Thanks! Good to know there's still an incentive to that activity. I'lll start running it since Dreg's Promise is super fun to use.

Would 3 of Coins have any affect to increase its drop rate or it's all RNG?

Vic_Viper

Kills, killstreaks, and wins make it go up, deaths and loses make it go down. KD of 1.0 is not enough to get it done. Cheese it by equipping TLW only prior to using a roaming super, take if off when finished. Equip it just before winning and hiding.

Wait you don't have to use it to get kills for the quest? I've been using it the entire match. What does the quest lead too anyway?

Is there a way to get the Black Spindel anymore or just Xur?

X-Frame

its pretty damn nice. def can melt people. My Roll was pretty damn good on it too

I got it with Perfect Balance/Injection Mold, High Caliber Rounds/Quickdraw, Headseeker/Outlaw

bold is what im running with.

Nice. I see the Handling on this gun is piss poor though so ADS, swapping, reload, etc I think are affected.

Mine comes with Snapshot which not sure I will need. The other in that column is HCR which I hear is just dirty on this high RoF archetype. I also have Smallbore or Braced Frame and Hidden Hand.

jacobs34

Thanks for the run JJ and crew. I'm sorry I had to leave after death zamboni but I think my fiance would be a little mad if I showed up late to get our marriage license!

ch4fx_

Is there a way to get the Black Spindel anymore or just Xur?

You can run the Spindle quest at anytime now, so it's definitely still obtainable. The name of the strike escapes me at the moment, but you select it from the directory & put the difficulty on hard.

How supers go from my end...

Me activating my super - instantly killed by two bullets

Me trying to kill someone in super - can't even bring down their shield after firing off two clips, shotguns, punch to the face, kick to the shin

:-(

Let me guess are you also a hunter? I go through the same thing.

Top Bottom