• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

What does your storage look like? Is it reasonable to try to have one legendary equipment item of every type? Or are they mostly all the same and I should just keep the ones of which I like the appearance?

Also, is there some database that shows every set of equipment of the game along with their items and how to obtain them? Google didn't turn up anything.
I keep one legendary of each stat roll (I/D, I/S, D/S) for each armor slot with a reload/ammo/armor perk I like and occasionally replace them if the numbers are higher/perk selection is better and also one exotic per subclass. I also keep one set of PvE weapons (Imago, Devil's Dawn, Sleeper Simulent/Gjallarhorn) and around 5 sets of the best archetypes of weapons for PvP. When there's a burn week I take stuff out of the vault and use that. Leaves me about 9 weapon slots and 22 armor slots for engrams.

Bungie.net has their Armory page located on the bar at the top of the site which has most of everything and a general statement of where to get it.

DjRalford

How supers go from my end...

Me activating my super - instantly killed by two bullets

Me trying to kill someone in super - can't even bring down their shield after firing off two clips, shotguns, punch to the face, kick to the shin

:-(

Yup that's mine too, some times I don't even get through the animation of activating hammer of sol and I'm dead.

JJShadow

Thanks for the run JJ and crew. I'm sorry I had to leave after death zamboni but I think my fiance would be a little mad if I showed up late to get our marriage license!

Thank you for joining us, I hope you enjoyed it. You got every encounter pretty fast, if you need help to get the final boss this week give me a shout

We need 3 for Raid Final Boss All Monitors are Active!!!!

Here is your chance for Outbreak Prime!

Prior Raid Experience preferred

Good luck with the final boss guys, I would have love to stick around a bit longer and help you get it down.

Thanks to Obliterator, Jacobs, mocolos, Strangelove and matt for the run, it's was real smooth and we had some pretty good laughs!

SpecX

Luck of the draw, my friend. I went through what felt like dozens of rank up packages on my titan before finally getting a ghost.

I have the opposite effect for some reason. I've gotten 3 ghosts to drop from back to back faction rank up with NM and Crucible. I normally select the weapon package and get a ghost on top of the weapon.

Hedgey

CuB3wM5UIAAHBCq.jpg:large

I'm so done. Everytime I get first, I only get a blue drop.

Hit Rank 5 (in what? About 1/4 of the games it normally took....maybe exaggerating, but it was damned fast) and want to keep on playing. Destiny has NEVER been better with the drops. I didn't really grind that much when ROI dropped, since I knew I wasn't going to do the raid for a long ass time (probably next month... well, by Christmas, maybe), but damn if I didn't take my 354 Warlock right up to 367, with enough loot left over to punch up my Titan into the 360s (was 340). Minus the gloves, I already have a full set of IB gear. Why are they being so generous? Also Supremecy is so much more fun than control (especially for noob solo players like me). I just stick with the pack or flank if I'm out of position, and I usually end up doing pretty damned well for myself.

LOL. Maybe. I skipped that Iron Banner.

Both modes are for teams. Solo queuing is just pure frustration for me.

Teams generally match up with other teams, so I doubt its all roses that way either especially if a few underleveled people get on.

I find daytime much better than evening (US time), lot fewer AFKers. I got all 3 characters done by today morning, the first one takes the longest but after that its just 2-3 hours each, you get 2000 rep for 5x coin win and 3000 rep for the 4 bounties so you just need 5-10 games and you are rank 5.

I would also highly suggest stormcaller warlock + invective, I run that and just use the shotgun 90% of the time. With ammo regen I rarely need to stop at ammo drops, which really is great in the first 3 minutes. The super is just made for clearing out packs of enemies. I am a total PVP noob who gets turned around by a hunter jumping around me, but with my warlock I really feel useful unlike my hunter or titan. I could only imagine how scary a team of 6 warlocks might be.

I keep one legendary of each stat roll (I/D, I/S, D/S) for each armor slot with a reload/ammo/armor perk I like and occasionally replace them if the numbers are higher/perk selection is better and also one exotic per subclass. I also keep one set of PvE weapons (Imago, Devil's Dawn, Sleeper Simulent/Gjallarhorn) and around 5 sets of the best archetypes of weapons for PvP. When there's a burn week I take stuff out of the vault and use that. Leaves me about 9 weapon slots and 22 armor slots for engrams.

Bungie.net has their Armory page located on the bar at the top of the site which has most of everything and a general statement of where to get it.

I see, thanks. So I shouldn't just try to keep one of every armor set? I told myself it's useless, but also "you never know".

I really wish the story had sorting options. It's a fucking mess how it is at the moment. It also doesn't show you upfront which piece is fully leveled. Ugh.

ch4fx_

Is it soloable now? Can you use the self revive super?

I don't wanna say it's NOT soloable, because there are some very powerful Guardians around here. That said, it can be pretty damn hard, & much easier with 3 people.

Are you on PSN? I'll be happy to run you through it it you are. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

molnizzle

If you have a group, sure. If you're a solo player, it's frustrating. I was playing last night and almost every game was matched against a full team of 6, or 2 groups of 3 with no groups on my side.

This has been true for every Iron Banner ever and I have no fucking idea why Bungie continues to allow it to happen. Unless I'm playing Trials I do not want to matchmake with other fireteams ever. Ever. If you tryhard with a fire team in regular Crucible then you should be matched against other tryhard teams, and if it takes forever to find a match then tough shit for you. UGH.

Doing the same thing on my Warlock right now lol
I wasn't being salty at all. The mode seems to suit your style of play, based on what you've mentioned here. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

It does not suit my style at all.

I'm pretty sure my connection had a lot to do with my frustration. Lots of hit registration issues and players that teleport around.

Vic_Viper

I don't wanna say it's NOT soloable, because there are some very powerful Guardians around here. That said, it can be pretty damn hard, & much easier with 3 people.

Are you on PSN? I'll be happy to run you through it it you are. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

Thanks. I'm at work and won't be back on till late tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll check back later and see who's down.

Arrrammis

Has anyone noticed certain shaders/class items/ emblems not counting for the exotic faction quest? Currently I'm using Nineveh 8611 shader, Sigil of Deviance, and the current bond, so all of those should count for the quest, but for some reason they don't.

Thanks. I'm at work and won't be back on till late tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll check back later and see who's down.
I can help as well if you do it later tonight. I don't have the Black Spindle on PS4, and would gladly help/be helped by a few GAF guardians.

PSN: Neonightmare.

Played 9 IB matches this morning after work. 5 w and 4 defeats. Managed to complete shaxx weekly bounty (gave me an invective at 363). Went from 358 to 361 in that space of time
3 IB bounties done
So far as drops I had
2 AR
1 pulse rifle
2 bonds
Completing the bounties gave me the helmet, chest piece and boots

1 heavy exotic with 3oC

Saw ghosts, shooties, etc drop quite freely for team mates. A few shaders also.

Because I was solo queying, what I normaly do is on respawn stick with the closest guardian and follow him around. That way you are never alone, and the likelihood of getting the crest is higher (if one of you dies, the other one may be able to recover both the your crest and any enemy ones that may be around)

Did one game with universal remote and matador, nothing manacles, max int / dis. It was fun, on a very dirty way...

I take it only the old ass gauntlets are dropping. Was hoping I could get the helmet but I think Saladin's dusty iron engrams will be my only hope.

Are there two sets of iron banner armor? I've got the entire iron saga gear for all 3 of my characters - gloves from the scoreboard, the rest including hood/chest/boots from the rank 3/5 quests and the 2 weekly bounties that award armor.

Zocano

Are there two sets of iron banner armor? I've got the entire iron saga gear for all 3 of my characters - gloves from the scoreboard, the rest including hood/chest/boots from the rank 3/5 quests and the 2 weekly bounties that award armor.

Every old piece drops as well (the first two sets they had).

hour long undying mind strike
hoping to get god roll imago after all that trouble
shit roll
walshy.png

sexy hand cannon though. i guess i'll be grinding that. when it's not void burn of course.

Top Bottom