• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Is anyone interested in help me run the King's Fall Raid this evening? I am a PS4 350 light Hunter, eastern standard time zone, and just got back into the game. I know I don't have to run this raid and that I can get better gear from other activities but I'd really like to experience it before I try the Wrath of the Machine Raid.

You're too low for the 390 raid, try to get upto 380 at least first.

Zocano

They had a 2nd chance to unfuck the Omnigul fight, but they made it even worse. Only Bungie could do this.

It's not that bad. 3rd phase can be hectic but even still not undoable.

Only arc burn makes it frustrating.

I prefer it over the original mess.

Kyoufu

It's not that bad. 3rd phase can be hectic but even still not undoable.

Only arc burn makes it frustrating.

Yeah I guess this week is not a good week for it.

But locking the door and then filling that room with slowing gas is just mean. Mean!

I always just stay on the landing the bridge connects to in Omnigul. Rocket down either stairs as necessary. Void Hunter so lasting nade and smokebomb the thrall portal as necessary. The ogre's can be a annoying but it's usually not too bad.

Yeah I figured... King's Fall is 280ish, right?

Regular King's Fall? Maybe? It's a *really* long raid though for not much payoff now. It would honestly probably be a bit better just to gear up to 385+ and try the revised Raids, even for experience. There will be plenty of players that never did Crota or Vault of Glass, so even experienced players running it should be open to inexperienced Guardians.

Edit: I'll also add that Vault of Glass is pretty much unanimously regarded as the best Raid of the bunch. It's a ton of fun and not too long, not too short and has good teamwork mechanics.

EL CUCO

Yeah I guess this week is not a good week for it.

But locking the door and then filling that room with slowing gas is just mean. Mean!
Wow I had no clue they did this to Omnigul strike 😂 I'm getting claustrophobic just thinking about it.

WeTeHa

lol, I wouldn't be surprised.

Not gonna lie, I was quite surprised they added freaking shriekers INSIDE the phogoth room. But with that I wouldn't put it past them to just add 1 or 2 shriekers to that freaking encounter.

I like it better than the old one though.

Zocano

I prefer King's Fall but by a hair. There's more ingenuity in the encounters and the raids desparately need more mechanics driven encounters.

The only problem, and one Luke Smith and pals have admitted, is that Golgy is broken by "one bubble" strat. I remember at launch working through that fight and actually passing the gaze around and dealing damage through all 6 bubbles (or most of them) and that was wonderful. But then people just circumvent the actual interesting mechanic cause it wasn't as rigidly designed for it and I became sad.

My favorite raid "chunks"/sections are the ones that require the most out of player roles and 'mechanics': Sword Bridge, Golgoroth, and Fallen tank/lawnmower

And thinking on it I'd add Aksis Phase 2 as well.

dubq

Regular King's Fall? Maybe? It's a *really* long raid though for not much payoff now. It would honestly probably be a bit better just to gear up to 385+ and try the revised Raids, even for experience. There will be plenty of players that never did Crota or Vault of Glass, so even experienced players running it should be open to inexperienced Guardians.

Edit: I'll also add that Vault of Glass is pretty much unanimously regarded as the best Raid of the bunch. It's a ton of fun and not too long, not too short and has good teamwork mechanics.

Yeah I loved VOG as well. I'll look to the revised versions then. Feasibly I should be able to get to 385 w/o doing any raid stuff right? Just buying and infusing 380 gear from the vendors?

Ballistic

Going to have to disagree, outside of exploding thralls they made that fight so much easier now, that could simply be because I'm a Titan and I have a bubble up at least 3 times during the fight.

2 storm callers make it trivial and it becomes even easier with ir yut

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah in Omnighul unlimited ads are spawned when she gets near death. It's annoying with the burn because anything could kill you in a hit

Yeah I loved VOG as well. I'll look to the revised versions then. Feasibly I should be able to get to 385 w/o doing any raid stuff right? Just buying and infusing 380 gear from the vendors?
Keep running heroic strikes once you get high enough for them. Blues can drop up to 390 now. Best strat is to just equip every higher light blue you get along the way, and only infuse once you actually get the 390 light stuff. That way you save marks and materials by not infusing everything.

The fact I have tomorrow off without asking is just so sweet, especially since it's the return of the GOAT. VoG is the best raid in the game, and I cannot wait to get adapt versions of my favorite weapons. So fucking hyoe.

Holiday

Banned
The fact I have tomorrow off without asking is just so sweet, especially since it's the return of the GOAT. VoG is the best raid in the game, and I cannot wait to get adapt versions of my favorite weapons. So fucking hyoe.

I got an ornament for the Mythoclast this weekend. Now I just need the Mythoclast itself!

dubq

Keep running heroic strikes once you get high enough for them. Blues can drop up to 390 now. Best strat is to just equip every higher light blue you get along the way, and only infuse once you actually get the 390 light stuff. That way you save marks and materials by not infusing everything.
Oh that's a good point. Thanks!

I have the Crota checkpoint and would like to get the challenge done around 8p PST.

I haven't run the sword before, so I would like to recruit some sword bearers.

Any kind sword souls willing to help out?

BLCKATK

Any fresh Crota's End going on? I gotta finish my Necrochasm, wanted to do it before CE goes out the weekly rotation.

PSN: Azys_

jviggy43

Anyone notice if the strike playlist is broken? Keeps bringing me to tanniks. And then when I beat it im back in orbit instead of continuing with other strikes.

MechDX

Anyone notice if the strike playlist is broken? Keeps bringing me to tanniks. And then when I beat it im back in orbit instead of continuing with other strikes.

I'm sorry but this is gold! LMAO

Edit: wait how many times did you beat the mission??

Top Bottom